THE BROWNS BOARD

I don't care which QB the Browns take at #1

Suomi

I know it will be the right choice.  Because John Dorsey is making the choice - and he won't screw it up like previous administrations.

Each QB has positives and negatives.  I trust in Dorsey and his crew to sort through them and pick the right one for the Browns.

These are the new Browns.  This is a new front office populated by football guys.  Their off-season moves have been fabulous.  I expect more of the same from this draft - and I trust in John Dorsey.

GO BROWNS!

I just wish the BROWNS didn't have to pick a quarterback at #1 or 4  (well documented here with dead horses) but it's practically a given now. I'm not sure who will head the 2019 QB class plus the BROWNS might not have a top 5 pick......oh well.

Chubb + even Barkley or Fitzpatrick or an OL coulda' been nice but they have some good R2 picks coming. 

19 minutes ago, Suomi said:

I know it will be the right choice.  Because John Dorsey is making the choice - and he won't screw it up like previous administrations.

Each QB has positives and negatives.  I trust in Dorsey and his crew to sort through them and pick the right one for the Browns.

These are the new Browns.  This is a new front office populated by football guys.  Their off-season moves have been fabulous.  I expect more of the same from this draft - and I trust in John Dorsey.

GO BROWNS!

Are you confident that Pat Mahomes is going to be a stud in Kansas City?

Because Dorsey selected him, and I'm pretty 'eh' about Mahomes. 

56 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think Kareem Hunt will do well :)

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Definitely a reasonable question. I see if written by pros and amateurs alike assuming Mahomes is a stud. Kind of a wild stretch for a guy who's proved nothing in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I'm not sure who will head the 2019 QB class plus the BROWNS might not have a top 5 pick..

This is the key for me in a possible Bills trade back..Dorsey said "you have to value the trade back verse the on board players"..If you want the Bills 1st pick next season also? why would we help them up to get a QB at #4?..Did we learn anything from Watson if he stayed on the field last season? 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you wear your hood when watching Browns games, or just when you're marching with tiki torches?

yes :P

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I sure am.  I've got huge faith in Dorsey's ability to pick talent. 

When with the Packers as their Director of College Scouting (2000-2011) he was credited with making the Packers one of the best drafting teams in the NFL. 

While GM at Kansas City he selected Pro Bowlers Travis Kelce (2013 round 3), Marcus Peters (2015 round 1), Tyreek Hill (2016 round 5) and Kareem Hunt (2017 round 3).  During that same period the Browns had only one Pro Bowler - Joe Schobert in 2017.  Dorsey's ability to select Pro Bowl talent was arguably 4X better than the Browns during that period. 

I'm looking forward to the Browns having 4X better drafts.  

4 hours ago, Suomi said:

GO BROWNS!

WTF dude............. you "TRUST" Dorkey? Based on what? 

WINNING IS OUR POLICY

IN SEWAGE WE TRUST

IN SASHIT WE TRUST

IN HOLMGREN WE TRUST

NOW.................................................... IN DORKEY WE TRUST.

Dude, Dorsey is a pussy. He got put in his place before he was even hired when Haslam told him that he was NOT Hue Jackson's boss. HUE JACKSON will pick the QB. Oh, Dorsey will be in the war room................. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT.......................... Hue has the ear and heart of Mrs. Haslam.  As goes Mrs. Haslam.................. so go the Browns............... and it is HUE JACKSON who she has at the top of the pack. Dorsey won't do schidt. 

IN DORSEY I DEPEND ON FOR COFFEE.............................. DORSEY IS A COFFEE FETCHER

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

WTF dude............. you "TRUST" Dorkey? Based on what? 

WINNING IS OUR POLICY

IN SEWAGE WE TRUST

IN SASHIT WE TRUST

IN HOLMGREN WE TRUST

NOW.................................................... IN DORKEY WE TRUST.

Dude, Dorsey is a pussy. He got put in his place before he was even hired when Haslam told him that he was NOT Hue Jackson's boss. HUE JACKSON will pick the QB. Oh, Dorsey will be in the war room................. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT.......................... Hue has the ear and heart of Mrs. Haslam.  As goes Mrs. Haslam.................. so go the Browns............... and it is HUE JACKSON who she has at the top of the pack. Dorsey won't do schidt. 

IN DORSEY I DEPEND ON FOR COFFEE.............................. DORSEY IS A COFFEE FETCHER

attention whore.png

I don't care either..

Just as long as they have time to develop, and not get thrust into the fire this season..

My take on it is this..

SAM DARNOLD- Has the size, intangibles, can make plays from the pocket, and outside the pocket. Struggled at times with turnovers.

JOSH ALLEN- Big arm, seems to have "improved" his accuracy. Some questions about how fast he can process reads, struggled against good competition.

JOSH ROSEN- Great passer, durability is a concern

LAMAR JACKSON- Can run like a f*king gazelle! Dual threat QB. Lack of football IQ is concerning, lack of size= durability concerns?

BAKER MAYFIELD- Winner, accurate, can make plays out of nothing. Excellent pocket passer, doesn't have the biggest arm. Johnny Manziel 2.0 or the next Drew Brees?

I think all of these QBs have excellent potential.

I think Darnold would be the guy we draft at #1. Still young, has great intangibles, loves football.

This is the guy I want. But if we go Allen/Mayfield id be happy..

Archived