Jump to content
Orion

Barkley at #1 Overall

Recommended Posts

He can throw TD passes.  No need to draft a QB.  He'll be able to take us down the field with 2 minutes left.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't encourage Po. He's been sort of scarce around here since his other hero (Hogan) got traded for a bag of magic beans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike H said:

No, serious or joking: no.

Not again!

screaming-woman.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing:  Without a good passing attack, Barkley will be an average RB.

The difference in Todd Gurley is a good example.

Todd Gurley stats
CAREER STATS
Year
Team
ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
REC
YDS
AVG
TD
 
2017
279
1,305
4.7
13
64
788
12.3
6
 
2016
278
885
3.2
6
43
327
7.6
0

First Dorsey has to take who he thinks is the best QB in this draft for his team.  We cannot let our QB go to another team.  Draft him at #1.  It's the QB that makes the RB...not the other way around.  

Then, if the #2 pick (Giants?) don't pick him, he'll be there at 4.  And then we'll see how much Dorsey likes a RB high in round 1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hogan didn't get traded... He asked to be traded. Not quite the same thing. 

And I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida... it was the bomb. 

But now it's full steam ahead for the draft! Barkley or Bust #1!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet
More

Though most people believe the #Browns are zeroed in on a QB, GM John Dorsey says “why wouldn’t I” be when asked if he’s still considering Saquon Barkley at No. 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan didn't get traded... He asked to be traded. Not quite the same thing. 

And I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida... it was the bomb.

And  it's  obvious you have brought back some prime real estate to sell us. Nice view of the mangroves I bet.:D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan didn't get traded... He asked to be traded. Not quite the same thing. 

And I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida... it was the bomb. 

But now it's full steam ahead for the draft! Barkley or Bust #1!!!

The Browns were lucky to get anything in trade for Hogan. If he they had not been able to get some handful of means he would've been let go for nothing. I know it you know it. Beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooray, another thread that I can offer PoG to back up his guarantee that the Browns take Barkley #1 overall for $100 and he'll ignore because he knows he's full of poop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hooray, another tread that I can offer PoG to back up his guarantee that the Browns take Barkley #1 overall for $100 and he'll ignore because he knows he's full of poop. 

But then again I heard  Gil Brandt on NFL Radio just say that Barkley was the best RB to come along since Adrian Peterson. Almost draft night!:D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hooray, another thread that I can offer PoG to back up his guarantee that the Browns take Barkley #1 overall for $100 and he'll ignore because he knows he's full of poop. 

C'mon Dutch, give him some odds, collect your money Thursday night on PayPal and be done with it.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has filled a hole in my life...

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

C'mon Dutch, give him some odds, collect your money Thursday night on PayPal and be done with it.  ;)

PayPal? Hell, I'll drive to the other side of Stark County and pick up my money in person. 

I'm sure it won't be the first time there's been a money exchange in a parking lot in Alliance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every player this guy has pined for is a non-factor in the NFL, or out of the league. Admire his determination though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Every player this guy has pined for is a non-factor in the NFL, or out of the league. Admire his determination though!

You enjoyed his daily Kevin Hogan Should Start polls during the season?

Well, I'm glad someone did. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully, I wasn’t around much during the season! There’s always one guy like him

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This thread has filled a hole in my life...

lol

...the devil made me do it.

---------

I would like:

1)a  Rosen or Darnold

1b)  Chubb

2a,b&c)  best - RB, OT, WR  (if possible, any order)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But then again I heard  Gil Brandt on NFL Radio just say that Barkley was the best RB to come along since Adrian Peterson. Almost draft night!:D

 

And Adrian Peterson who I consider a superior RB, wasn't drafted until #7.   Just another reason to NOT draft Saquon at #1.

1 hour ago, Mike H said:

Every player this guy has pined for is a non-factor in the NFL, or out of the league. Admire his determination though!

Well, to be fair, he did guess right on two- Honey Badger, and Derek Carr. Hmmmm, Carr or Manziel- tough choice there. BTW, taking a look back at the 2014 Draft, I just got ill looking at all the Pro Bowl talent we passed on to get Gilbert and Johnny. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orion said:

I would like:

1)a  Rosen or Darnold

1b)  Chubb

2a,b&c)  best - RB, OT, WR  (if possible, any order)

Living in NC, I was not a M.Trub-ski Fan. Not because I was a huge NC State Wolfpack or ECU fan..but we shall see on Mitch'L..This draft am worried about B.Chubb & a big fan of his. Most see Chubb,Street & BJ Hill on defense & say "how can they lose up front". well They did, a lot to my disappointment. Blame the post rankings from ESPN but most media markets posted the same Pre-CFB defensive rankings. Listed is "pre" season order. than in (   ) is where they finished..#1) Buckeyes(9) 2. Clemson (4) 3.FSU(18)//(unranked Michigan finished 3rd overall). 4)Miami(38) 5.NC State(58!) 6)Alabama(1) 7)Auburn(14) 8)Washington(8) 9.LSU(12) 10.Wisconsin(2)...None of the big 3 guys missed any games for NC State. Packs Points allowed was far worse...  A.) We Can't Score TD's!!( Why not Barkey if he falls to #4)  B.) We still have no Replacement for Joe Haden long term. (Why not Denzel Ward or Mikah at #4?) Am just not seeing the bigger talent roster gap as starters between Ogbah or Chubb..All am seeing is better DE Depth to sub-packages & maybe bring some QB heat more off\n.Which we need that too :)..tick tock (come on Thursday)  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Adrian Peterson has won how many SB's?.... ZERO!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

.None of the big 3 guys missed any games for NC State. Packs Points allowed was far worse...  A.) We Can't Score TD's!!( Why not Barkey if he falls to #4

It would be hard to fault them for taking an offensive weapon, obviously.  Or the other defensive players you mentioned.  But I think a pretty good RB could be had in round 2.

But ya know what, if they want to give TieRod the best RB in the draft as a weapon so they can go 'win now'....who's gonna fault them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike H said:

Every player this guy has pined for is a non-factor in the NFL, or out of the league. Admire his determination though!

he was all in on Honey Badger. 

Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut as they say.

 

 

Post 2,222

#2 represents relationship balance.  My team is on the rise like a phoenix...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hoorta said:

And Adrian Peterson who I consider a superior RB, wasn't drafted until #7.   Just another reason to NOT draft Saquon at #1.

Well, to be fair, he did guess right on two- Honey Badger, and Derek Carr. Hmmmm, Carr or Manziel- tough choice there. BTW, taking a look back at the 2014 Draft, I just got ill looking at all the Pro Bowl talent we passed on to get Gilbert and Johnny. 

And Adrian "All Day" Peterson had health concerns stemming from that recent collarbone injury...and I still say no. Chubb is the right pick at #4.. AD has no rings.

But LT does. Lawrence, not LaDanian.

 

#1 Allen

#4 Chubb/Mayfield/Darnold

#33 don't care, surprise me.

(yes, If Chubb is gone I'd rather have 2 rookie QBs that don't play than draft Saquon "The Luxury We Can't Afford" Barkley).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a projection of what a Saquon first draft could look like. Why don't a few of you guys try out a couple of these? 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1:  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4:  Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1:  Jackson, Josh, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 3:  Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 4 Pick 14:  Cobbs Jr, Simmie, WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13:  Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1:  Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

 

RB/QB Combo

2- WRs that are playmakers- or we could have had St. Brown or Christian Kirk- depends on which ones you like.

Josh Jackson could be a contender for the #1 CB spot. Hill, while I think he'll be gone earlier, could be a project at Safety. 

Great Center from Ohio State, should give us an even better offensive line in the future. 

Flowers was Mayfield's swiss army knife in college, giving him a familiar face/target and adding him to the running back room will allow for some interesting matchup situations. 

Kicker? - While I'm fond of Gonzales, he's our kicker. I'm still looking for the next Dawson. We need a guy that we can count on 100% to put three up for us if we can get close enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nickers said:

And Adrian Peterson has won how many SB's?.... ZERO!

 All the Browns scraped for 48 TD's last season..AP alone in 12 years 104 TD's..GOAT J.Brown alone in 8 years 126 TD's....Barkley maynot be neither?..But if he's just a small "goat"? we may still miss a good player of AFCN need at #4..Bah..Bah!..at our TD pace. it will take almost 5 seasons for 11 guys to catch both of them combined in career TD's :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

PayPal? Hell, I'll drive to the other side of Stark County and pick up my money in person. 

I'm sure it won't be the first time there's been a money exchange in a parking lot in Alliance. 

Oh yeah parking lot money exchanges what could go wrong there? Better make it at 3 am so it won't be too crowded.  :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile the Barkley Sweepstakes is getting more interesting if nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save your Sweepstakes money..The first time Cal Allen misses a exchange to Poe Barkley we'll need A)Dutch in a referees suit. B)a WWE caged ring. C)in a Purse & Ladders match(check.. wife's floor is 35 purses by sunrise) D.a)ring girls with tits & giggles D.d)Maybe we can get Z & Goonie in the Main Event? as a bonus, U2 will be playing "The streets have no Name" from bell to bell..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

 All the Browns scraped for 48 TD's last season..AP alone in 12 years 104 TD's..GOAT J.Brown alone in 8 years 126 TD's....Barkley maynot be neither?..But if he's just a small "goat"? we may still miss a good player of AFCN need at #4..Bah..Bah!..at our TD pace. it will take almost 5 seasons for 11 guys to catch both of them combined in career TD's :(

But defense wins Championships...   Drop off between Barkley and Michel isn't nearly as drastic as the drop off between the top defensive guys and "next best".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sisky fringo said:

And Adrian "All Day" Peterson had health concerns stemming from that recent collarbone injury...and I still say no. Chubb is the right pick at #4.. AD has no rings.

But LT does. Lawrence, not LaDanian.

#1 Allen

#4 Chubb/Mayfield/Darnold

#33 don't care, surprise me.

(yes, If Chubb is gone I'd rather have 2 rookie QBs that don't play than draft Saquon "The Luxury We Can't Afford" Barkley).

I'm still failing to see beyond the bionic arm what makes Allen "special"..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×