THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkley at #1 Overall

Orion

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

31 teams would ALL take this kid if they picked #1. The pick is obvious.....let's see what this jackoff Hue Jackson does.................. and make NO MISTAKE.............Jimmy's wife makes the calls. She likes Hue, she likes black causes................. she tells Jimmy what to do.......... she will pass Hue's picks on to her husband. #1? It is whatever Hue Jacson wants.

It is a good thing then that Dorsey....and not Hue or Dee or anyone else is making the decision.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

That article assumes that Barkley will have to be the "savior" and carry the team by himself. That's what happened to Adrian Peterson and other backs drafted early to talent starved teams...

Cleveland is different from those other teams.

Firstly, Saquon doesn't need to be a savoir, he's just gotta be Saquon. We have Gordon and Landry and Njoku and Taylor around him. It creates a very difficult situation for the defenses that we'll face. 

Secondly, as mentioned. The FO sees Tyrod Taylor as their guy, what would make their guy even better? A #1 overall QB or the #1 RB prospect in the last 20 years?

You guys are not thinking clearly. Thank goodness it's almost time to draft for real...

You are not thinking clearly......Barkley is just the top prospect THIS.....year.

Both Fournette and Elliot were equally top prospects  (and imo...will turn out to be better players than the merengue dancer)

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns really need to try and not overcomplicate this draft. Take Saquon Barkley and don't look back. We'll be right back on the clock two picks later and it's there that we can invest a high pick on the QBOTF. Taylor and the rookie QB will benefit greatly from having a player like Barkley to lean on. 

They will have Hyde, Duke, and maybe  Sony Michel, Derrius Guice,  ....or a few others to lean on.....who will be just as good.

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They will have Hyde, Duke, and maybe  Sony Michel, Derrius Guice,  ....or a few others to lean on.....who will be just as good.

Even though Barkley might be (probably is) better than the above 3 or 4 he's probably not worth the high draft pick UNLESS you have virtually ZERO starters.....or maybe he's the last piece in the puzzle. 

The BROWNS still have more needed puzzle pieces.

If we go Mayfield at #1, then the odds of of QBs going 1-2-3 rise greatly setting up Barky to be there at #4 along with the last of the top 4 QBs.

The trade value of #4 is going to skyrocket. Even moves to #5 (Denver) or #7 (TB) are going to bring a premium haul... and BUF will beat them all.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

If we go Mayfield at #1, then the odds of of QBs going 1-2-3 rise greatly setting up Barky to be there at #4 along with the last of the top 4 QBs.

The trade value of #4 is going to skyrocket. Even moves to #5 (Denver) or #7 (TB) are going to bring a premium haul... and BUF will beat them all.

Agree. I think Broncos go to 2 though to get their QB. QBs 1...2...3. To me Browns should stay at 4 in that scenario and pick the best player.

25 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Agree. I think Broncos go to 2 though to get their QB. QBs 1...2...3. To me Browns should stay at 4 in that scenario and pick the best player.

Broncos moving up did not occur to me... maybe. But does NYG move to #5 risking their QB and Barkley? Are they that high on Chubb?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Broncos moving up did not occur to me... maybe. But does NYG move to #5 risking their QB and Barkley? Are they that high on Chubb?

Broncos guy I know thinks it’s a done deal, we’ll see.

I think Giants would probably trade again from 5. Perception is they are in trouble and want more picks/are sticking with Eli.

1 hour ago, Mike H said:

I think Giants would probably trade again from 5. Perception is they are in trouble and want more picks/are sticking with Eli.

Agree, but if we move out of #4, then #5's value drops.

Saquon should be the pick #1 Overall.

The question then becomes- Who is the pick at #4? 

Saquon

???

Price

Oliver

???

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Saquon should be the pick #1 Overall.

The question then becomes- Who is the pick at #4? 

Saquon???\

Price

Oliver

???

None of the above.  Now if you'd get your head out of Saquon's azz, we'd appreciate it if you could just get the hell out of here with your Barkley love, buy a Giants jersey, and go AWAY for a month or so.... 

• hoorta locked this topic

Archived