THE BROWNS BOARD

It's confirmed ... Sashi Sucked

darren15

McCarron always did suck - and always will.  Sashi was correct to find anything, everything to deep-six that trade.

I don't want my job performance review based on opinions of people I have to fight -- because of course those people "Don't Like" someone who holds the line against them.  Sashi was absolutely not working with these people... Sashi was entirely against them, as he should have been.  Agents see Browns purely as leverage against other teams and as money trains for their clients who don't get offers from "The Good" teams.... period.  Betcha if I ask 20 GM's regarding their opinion of Drew Rosenhaus that they'll unanimously hate Drew.  So that means Drew sucks?

The "revelation" that Sashi was unanimously disliked by agents suggests to me that Sashi was in reality GOOD at his job.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, tiamat63 said:

Either of you boys season ticket holders?  Seeing as how it appears a good lot of the parade go-ers were - not sure it's entirely right to question "fanhood" here.  

Season ticket holders aren't the only ones that pay money to watch the Browns T.   Those of us that don't live in Ohio pay DirecTV to sustain their NFL Monopoly in order to watch Cleveland play all 16 weeks.  And if people congregate at Browns Backers bars to watch - they usually pay for the meals and the beverages and tip the hotties waiting on them every Sunday.  It all adds up.  I read where NFL owners are actually getting significantly more revenue via the profit sharing from the television contract than they are bringing in from home attendance for whatever that's worth.

All that being the case, there's a difference between being frustrated with losing and shitting on this franchise because it's happening.  Players, coaches and FO staff put so much time into their football careers that I can't imagine any of them being happy they went the 0-16 they will have to wear like a scarlet letter for the rest of their careers.  I don't see as much wrong with fans sharing their frustration with the Browns as I do with them taking frustration out on the Browns.  I think that parade was a very bad reflection of a VERY loyal, devoted and passionate fan base that has been here through thick and thin for whatever my 2 cents means.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Season ticket holders aren't the only ones that pay money to watch the Browns T.   Those of us that don't live in Ohio pay DirecTV to sustain their NFL Monopoly in order to watch Cleveland play all 16 weeks.  And if people congregate at Browns Backers bars to watch - they usually pay for the meals and the beverages and tip the hotties waiting on them every Sunday.  It all adds up.  I read where NFL owners are actually getting significantly more revenue via the profit sharing from the television contract than they are bringing in from home attendance for whatever that's worth.

All that being the case, there's a difference between being frustrated with losing and shitting on this franchise because it's happening.  Players, coaches and FO staff put so much time into their football careers that I can't imagine any of them being happy they went the 0-16 they will have to wear like a scarlet letter for the rest of their careers.  I don't see as much wrong with fans sharing their frustration with the Browns as I do with them taking frustration out on the Browns.  I think that parade was a very bad reflection of a VERY loyal, devoted and passionate fan base that has been here through thick and thin for whatever my 2 cents means.

I look at it as a cleansing.  The parade was the monument to 2 decades worth of frustration that, as opposed to crying, was really just a giant collective laugh at how bad this ownership has been.     I don't think the fans were putting anything at the feet of the players.   Maybe the coaches, and sometimes that is well deserved.    Mostly, the collective vitriol is/was aimed at Haslam, of which he has earned more than his fair share.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Ya, I know we are talking about 2017, and I am a fan of McCown ... but I understand the process that led them to release him.

They figured they were going to take another shot at QB in the draft. And they had Kessler from the 3rd round the year before who had started half the season. So they let the 38 yo oft-injured McCown go and took a stab at Brock Osweiler (netting a second rounder in the meantime) to come in and be the "veteran" while the rookie got his feet wet. It didn't work out, because Oz was awful. And Kess was awful. And then the rookie turned out to be awful. Not good personnel decisions ... but they were taking a shot. I think the real criticism lies in who they drafted, and when they drafted him, and who they passed up in the draft ... not that they might have won three games with McCown and still be in the same boat this year anyway.

Zombo

Thanks. I've been saying this for months.

Anyway, I think that 2017 being a poor QB class and as promising this 2018 class was at the time had something to do on taking a shot with Kizer in the second round instead of taking it with any other in the first round. 

We don't know how good is Mahomes, Trubisky looks average to me and Watson played lights out... Only the 7 games he was available. 

Yeah, Kizer sucked. But other teams which drafted QBs last year didn't end up with way better scenarios. 

On 4/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, tiamat63 said:

I look at it as a cleansing.

I don't remember seeing it put that way before.

On 4/22/2018 at 4:08 PM, Nero said:

... and Watson played lights out... Only the 7 games he was available.

Agree with the general sentiment of your complete post, but is the above really the case? I think we romanticize "those that got away" more than a little.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2017 22 HOU qb 4 7 6 3-3-0 126 204 61.8 1699 19 9.3 8 3.9 72 8.3 8.4 13.5 242.7 103.0 81.5 19 116 7.10 7.19 8.5 0 0 7

On 4/20/2018 at 11:48 PM, Orion said:

Sashi had to go.  

He guided the organization to one win and thirty one losses.     

He had a quarterback starved team, for eons, with the #2 pick and Wentz to be available, and traded it away stating that they didn't think Wentz would be too good.

Well, you can do that, but you cannot be wrong.  If that QB turns out to be good, and your QB's continue to suck such that you lose a lot (or always in our case), then you make the organization look like dopes.  But had you TAKEN the QB, even if he failed you would've been seen as TRYING to fix the problem and just being unlucky.

He had to go.

No, Hue did that.    Get it right.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, Canton Mike said:

They are also NOT real fans. REAL Fans would not embarass, belittle, & make fun of their "alleged" team. That isn't support.

Just one old guy's opinion.

Mike

Any my opinion is that a REAL team wouldn't embarrass, humiliate, and make fans suffer for almost two decades of being the worst run franchise in professional sports.

Just a young guys opinion.

8 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Any my opinion is that a REAL team wouldn't embarrass, humiliate, and make fans suffer for almost two decades of being the worst run franchise in professional sports.

Just a young guys opinion.

So choose another team. The Browns will live without you.

Mike

On 4/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, Canton Mike said:

They are also NOT real fans. REAL Fans would not embarass, belittle, & make fun of their "alleged" team. That isn't support.

Just one old guy's opinion.

Mike

What's wrong, snowflake? Do you need a safe space where your weak mind can somehow remain sheltered from all those mean, mean people who disagree with you?

Suck it up, buttercup.

Real fans are only the ones who actively disagree.. because their disagreement is the act of desiring something better.

Someone who sits around passively accepting anything is by definition not engaged in that thing.. and someone who's not engaged is not a fan.

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

What's wrong, snowflake? Do you need a safe space where your weak mind can somehow remain sheltered from all those mean, mean people who disagree with you?

Suck it up, buttercup.

Real fans are only the ones who actively disagree.. because their disagreement is the act of desiring something better.

Someone who sits around passively accepting anything is by definition not engaged in that thing.. and someone who's not engaged is not a fan.

I simply stated my opinion, to which I am entitled. Name calling is neither called for nor necessary. Have a good day.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

So choose another team. The Browns will live without you.

Mike

Oh save me. You old guys can't understand what I'm saying cause at least you mofos watched a good team. My whole existence has been nothing but watching the worst run organization in sports. 

To say fans are in the wrong for using their voice to embarrass this team on a national stage is beyond stupid. It is about time actually. Its not about not being a fan, just stop.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

You old guys can't understand what I'm saying cause at least you mofos watched a good team

Trust me... any comfort that lent has been long gone for a long time...

47 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Oh save me. You old guys can't understand what I'm saying cause at least you mofos watched a good team. My whole existence has been nothing but watching the worst run organization in sports. 

To say fans are in the wrong for using their voice to embarrass this team on a national stage is beyond stupid. It is about time actually. Its not about not being a fan, just stop.

Mofo? I don't believe I ever tapped your mom, but who knows for sure?

Are you able to communicate intelligently, without name calling? Please try. Thank you.

I understand your frustration. We just disagree with how it's presented & that's ok.

Mike

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I simply stated my opinion, to which I am entitled. Name calling is neither called for nor necessary. Have a good day.

Mike

Me and Mike are both season ticket holders- and we're on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to the parade...   

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Me and Mike are both season ticket holders- and we're on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to the parade...   

So that's why you call Mike all those names? :o

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So that's why you call Mike all those names? :o

? Can't recall ever calling Mike any names..  Though this image from the parade pretty much sums up how I feel sometimes.  :D

Image result for perfect season parade images

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

? Can't recall ever calling Mike any names..  Though this image from the parade pretty much sums up how I feel sometimes.  :D

Image result for perfect season parade images

Oh come on Larry. You have called me "Mike" on several occasions!  ;)

Mike

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You folks notice how quickly Stosh landed with another team? Not!

He sucked big time!!!!! 

If there was the least inkling of talent, another team would have made him a offer.  He destroyed the Jags and made the Browns worse. Just a horrible GM with a record 1-31 record.

If he gets a job it will not be in player selection.....but in like cap management or finance or sales.  

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Right.....but he did have final say on who was taken..or not....and on the trade decisions that were made. 

Technically true, but I would be shocked and amazed if he ever made a move in the absence of genuine consensus in the FO.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Technically true, but I would be shocked and amazed if he ever made a move in the absence of genuine consensus in the FO.

Well.....consensus is fine...if it can be reached.  But what if it cannot...what if there was  as you say an absence of consensus?    Someone has to take the GW Bush role and become "The Decider".  That was Sashi's role, was it not?   I doubt that there was complete consensus on some of those trade downs.

I mean, the other alternative could have been that they reached the consensus the way the German High Command reached consensus:  "This is what you want Mein Fuhrer?  Yes, we all agree with you..of course.  Seig Heil".    But no....I don't think it was quite in that manner that consensus was reached (maybe in some organizations:  Patriots with BB, Cowboys with JJ).  

So, Sachi became the decider.

Archived