THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well....assume the Browns take a QB....then  Giants take Chubb....then Jets take QB.....and Browns do trade down to a team that wants/needs a QB  Bills/Dolphins whomever.

Do you claim that the Broncos will nab him? 

I don't know why keep going around with me.

I feel the Browns should walk away with their QB and either Barkley or Chubb at 1 and four.

I do not feel that Dorsey is mentally retarded, and I feel that he would have to be to trade out of #4 if Barkley and/or Chubb is there, so I am not engaging in trade down scenarios.

If we take the QB and Chubb, and Barkley is sitting there, yes, I feel the Broncos would take him.

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I feel the Browns should walk away with their QB and either Barkley or Chubb at 1 and four.

I do not feel that Dorsey is mentally Retarded, and I feel that he would have to be to trade out of #4 if Barkley and/or Chubb is there, so I am not engaging in trade down scenarios.

If we take the QB and Chubb, and Barkley is sitting there, yes, I feel the Broncos would take him.

Zombo

Well, maybe these posts are misplaced.....they should be over in the  "trade down scenario" thread.  The purpose of that thread IS to "engage in trade down scenarios".

If it is Allen or Mayfield ......Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen, we then have to decide ....Chubb, Barkley or trade down....some say Denzel Ward would be in play but not with that scenario of Giants taking Darnold .......

47 minutes ago, darren15 said:

If it is Allen or Mayfield ......Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen, we then have to decide ....Chubb, Barkley or trade down....some say Denzel Ward would be in play but not with that scenario of Giants taking Darnold .......

Most say that the Giants take either Barkley or Chubb...and not a QB.   But maybe they assume that Barkley will go #1. 

What makes you think they would change there mind about taking a QB if Darnold were available?

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Most say that the Giants take either Barkley or Chubb...and not a QB.   But maybe they assume that Barkley will go #1. 

What makes you think they would change there mind about taking a QB if Darnold were available?

I have seen reports saying how high the Giants are on Darnold .....Ben Albright was just on Browns daily and he said if Browns take Mayfield Giants will take Darnold...but Giants go Barkley or Chubb if Darnold goes at 1

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I do not feel that Dorsey is mentally Retarded, and I feel that he would have to be to trade out of #4 if Barkley and/or Chubb is there, so I am not engaging in trade down scenarios.

Zombo

Barkley at #1. One of the best QBs at #4 will still be there. None of the QBs have an edge, they are all equal odds. Barkley is the best player in the draft.

By the way, I challenged Barkley to a fight and told him he has to fly to either Memphis or Vegas. He won't do either, He is afraid of me.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Barkley at #1. One of the best QBs at #4 will still be there. None of the QBs have an edge, they are all equal odds. Barkley is the best player in the draft.

By the way, I challenged Barkley to a fight and told him he has to fly to either Memphis or Vegas. He won't do either, He is afraid of me.

Well...if you want to fight him....you won't be coming to Cleveland either..because he won't be here!!! :lol:

If the Browns take Barkley #1...

Who do the Giants take #2?

Then who do the Jets take #3? 

Who does that leave us with at #4?

Just now, PoeticG said:

If the Browns take Barkley #1... 

Who do the Giants take #2? - I'm going to say they either trade down- could be with Cleveland or they take or Nelson/Chubb. I'm convinced they pass on a QB.  

Then who do the Jets take #3? With All of the QBs still available, which one will they take. 

Who does that leave us with at #4? Leaves us with our choice of QBs... Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen/Rudolph/Jackson minus one of them... a perfect place to be. 

Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition

Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community
1 browns.0.svg Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson
2 giants.0.svg Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield
3 jets.0.svg Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb
4 browns.0.svg Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward
5 broncos.0.svg Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley
6 colts.0.svg Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson
7 buccaneers.0.svg Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick
8 bears.0.svg Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds
9 49ers.0.svg Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport
10 raiders.0.svg Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith
11 dolphins.0.svg Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen
12 bills.0.svg Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold
13 redskins.0.svg Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James
14 packers.0.svg Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry
15 cardinals.0.svg Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen
16 ravens.0.svg Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley
17 chargers.0.svg Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea
18 seahawks.0.svg Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes
19 cowboys.0.svg Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez
20 lions.0.svg Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan
21 bengals.0.svg Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn
22 bills.0.svg Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk
23 patriots.0.svg Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller
24 panthers.0.svg D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore
25 titans.0.svg Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key
26 falcons.0.svg Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne
27 saints.0.svg Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter
28 steelers.0.svg Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch
29 jaguars.0.svg Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans
30 vikings.0.svg Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey
31 patriots.0.svg Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki
32 eagles.0.svg Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams
33 browns.0.svg Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst
34 giants.0.svg Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice
35 browns.0.svg Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard

46 minutes ago, Mike H said:

I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

I would love it if he would slide and somehow the Browns ended up with him..... that dude is going to be an absolute beast

49 minutes ago, Mike H said:

I thought Roquan Smith would slide a little, but I'm hearing that probably won't happen. Kind of throws a wrench in mine already. We'll see.

Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nice job, but I'm hoping not Allen, (Troy Aikman doesn't like him at #1 either) and Lamar for sure isn't happening at #1. Also guaranteed there's going to be a bunch of trades, and guys going higher or lower than projected.  

Well Phil Simms was really pushing for Allen today as the best of them all.

4 hours ago, Mike H said:

Here's mine + other DBN staff members: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/25/17281598/2018-nfl-draft-preview-dbn-mock-drafts-including-the-browns-first-4-picks-staff-edition

Pick Team Andrea Hangst Mike Hoag DBN Community
1 browns.0.svg Sam Darnold Josh Allen Lamar Jackson
2 giants.0.svg Saquon Barkley Saquon Barkley Baker Mayfield
3 jets.0.svg Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold Bradley Chubb
4 browns.0.svg Bradley Chubb Bradley Chubb Denzel Ward
5 broncos.0.svg Josh Rosen Baker Mayfield Saquon Barkley
6 colts.0.svg Denzel Ward Quenton Nelson Quenton Nelson
7 buccaneers.0.svg Derwin James Minkah Fitzpatrick Minkah Fitzpatrick
8 bears.0.svg Quenton Nelson Denzel Ward Tremaine Edmunds
9 49ers.0.svg Minkah Fitzpatrick Tremaine Edmunds Marcus Davenport
10 raiders.0.svg Roquan Smith Derwin James Roquan Smith
11 dolphins.0.svg Vita Vea Vita Vea Josh Rosen
12 bills.0.svg Josh Allen Josh Rosen Sam Darnold
13 redskins.0.svg Tremaine Edmunds Da'Ron Payne Derwin James
14 packers.0.svg Josh Jackson Jaire Alexander Harold Landry
15 cardinals.0.svg Lamar Jackson Calvin Ridley Josh Allen
16 ravens.0.svg Mike McGlinchey Roquan Smith Calvin Ridley
17 chargers.0.svg Da'Ron Payne Rashaan Evans Vita Vea
18 seahawks.0.svg Harold Landry Josh Jackson Mike Hughes
19 cowboys.0.svg Calvin Ridley D.J. Moore Will Hernandez
20 lions.0.svg Marcus Davenport Taven Bryan Taven Bryan
21 bengals.0.svg Will Hernandez Marcus Davenport Isaiah Wynn
22 bills.0.svg Kolton Miller Courtland Sutton Christian Kirk
23 patriots.0.svg Rashaan Evans Mike McGlinchey Kolton Miller
24 panthers.0.svg D.J. Moore Harold Landry D.J. Moore
25 titans.0.svg Arden Key Billy Price Arden Key
26 falcons.0.svg Maurice Hurst Maurice Hurst Da'Ron Payne
27 saints.0.svg Hayden Hurst Lamar Jackson Lorenzo Carter
28 steelers.0.svg Leighton Vander Esch Ronnie Harrison Leighton Vander Esch
29 jaguars.0.svg Courtland Sutton Will Hernandez Rashaan Evans
30 vikings.0.svg Connor Williams Kolton Miller Mike McGlinchey
31 patriots.0.svg Jaire Alexander Derrius Guice Mike Gesicki
32 eagles.0.svg Sony Michel Ronald Jones Connor Williams
33 browns.0.svg Geron Christian Sony Michel Maurice Hurst
34 giants.0.svg Mason Rudolph Arden Key Derrius Guice
35 browns.0.svg Rashaad Penny Isaiah Oliver Sam Hubbard

Well, the DBN Community has a draft I'd be excited over. Lamar, Ward and Mo? Haha that would be some entertaining Sheet.

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

Shared from my Google feed

Good for Baker. That agent obviously did little to no homework to learn about Baker & didn't deserve to represent him.

Mike

17 hours ago, darren15 said:

Read the same thing. Then the possible trade down from #4 goes off the board because one extra QB off the board decreases the price for #4. Dorsey then has to take either Chubb or Barkley.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Top NFL Draft quarterback explains why he hung up the phone on Brett Favre's agent

https://search.app.goo.gl/kB5om

Shared from my Google feed

That is great, I’d have no problem if Dorsey called his name at #1 tonight 

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

22 minutes ago, darren15 said:
More

Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.

It may very well be - Tyrod and Mayfield - about the same size. and leadership. and playmaking on the move ability...

accurate, smart, ...etc. If you don't worry about Mayfield's height, and figure he won't have maturity issues in the NFL...

it does make sense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/24/does-john-dorseys-assessment-of-tyrod-taylor-point-to-baker-mayfield/

“I loved Tyrod coming out of college, I always did,” Dorsey said at the time. “I thought there was a dynamic set about him, not only his athleticism [and his] ability to extend a play,  but he had — as coach [Frank] Beamer would always say, ‘He’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around.’  He’s got enough arm talent with accuracy to get the ball downfield, and he doesn’t turn the ball over.”

46 minutes ago, darren15 said:
More

I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

Pair Barkley with him.

Zombo

On 4/23/2018 at 11:09 AM, Tour2ma said:

Fair enough... and not to reignite things, but...

• I fail to see the rationale for drawing a line at the Defenses once team strength is brought into the QB evaluation equation.

If scouts are looking at tape of UCLA's defense to evaluate Josh Rosen - I sincerely hope they're not our's. I've never read or heard any draft analyst or scout say UCLA's defense is the concern about Rosen so I don't see why it's brought up as one all the time.  For example, he got more credit than Darnold did in their 2017 head to head when UCLA lost to USC 28-23. 

Lashley led UCLA with 10 rec for 204 yds and 3 TDs on a day Rosen went 32 of 52 for 421 yards for 3 TDs and 1 INT.    In comparison, S. Mitchell Jr led USC with 4 rec 56 yards on a night Darnold went 17 of 28 for 264 yards and 1 INT.   Most viewers concluded Rosen outplayed Darnold with no mention of UCLA's defense killing Rosen's draft stock that night.   I've seen a lot of people pointing out the difference in competitive value between Rosen and Allen in the games they lost was UCLA's offense continued to amass a lot of yardage and score a lot of points via their passing games. 

If anything, a bad defense can keep a prolific passer in a bunch of shoot-outs he wants on center stage. For example, in 2005 Vandy's defense wasn't good enough to stop SEC opponents - so Cutler got into a bunch shootouts that earned him the SEC Offensive Player of the Year honors. They were never Bowl eligible throughout his tenure at Vandy.  That said, he's the only Vandy QB I've seen in drafted as high as #11 overall. 

In the end, the biggest hurdle Rosen is facing doesn't have anything to do with UCLA's defense. Fair or not, it will be his concussion inventory and in some instances his attitude (which I like by the way).

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I prefer Darnold, but if they are all in on Mayfield I'm cool with that, he is my second choice.

Pair Barkley with him.

Zombo

And if we take Mayfield it's better than 50% odds the Giants then take Darnold leaving Barkley for us. Tough choice then for our later round RB picker Dorsey.

Archived