THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, choco said:

Black tarkenton? 🙄

Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

I would agree with that. I always appreciate the board villains and the role they play. They spark interest and activity. I’m sure those that track numbers here see an upspike when they post. Sometimes it’s therapeutic to have a sparring partner to let off some steam, and they willingly lend themselves to that end. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta to do it.

That was Ghoolie's rationale for being an asshole- that he "livened things up around here". When in reality all he was doing was being a flamebaiting jerk drawing attention to himself.  

19 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I would hardly call racism, idiocy and flamebait posting "spice"./

Yeah, Joe Thomas sucks. And other BS like Hue was never gonna get fired because he was the right color...   I pointed out his "see I'm always right with my predictions everything about the Browns sucks."  Because we were so bad for so long it was about as difficult as predicting water runs downhill....  

19 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Do you remember Fran Tarkenton? He was a very good qb with Minnesota for years. He also scrambled out of the pocket frequently. How is that racist? Whoever Ghoolie was referring to obviously was black and played like Tarkenton.

See above regarding Hue...  Our Head Honcho, along with many others took his continual "Black Tarkenton" comments as sort of racist- and it was the straw that finally broke the camel's back and got him sent packing.  Never mentioned a White Tarkenton. Oh, I'm still friends with him on Facebook, and if you ever take a look at his page,  all I'll say is- form your own opinion about the guy who was hiding behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.....  

54 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

do i really need to explain this?

3 hours ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Good call getting rid of that troll. 

Better look in a mirror guy... Those that espouse contrary opinions without backing them up get shown the door around here...  

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Be careful what you ask for you might get it. 

Sure enough Gipper.  

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

is baking up turnovers ghoolie? 

Nope, I've followed Ghoolie long enough I can tell from a post tor two if he's ghosting (even trying to disguise it) behind an alias....  

Using my Mod powers, I guarantee you it's not Ghoolie...  Some of his stuff is OK- he just has a major issue with Baker.  Just like London and Taco have with Landry....  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nope, I've followed Ghoolie long enough I can tell from a post tor two if he's ghosting (even trying to disguise it) behind an alias....  

Using my Mod powers, I guarantee you it's not Ghoolie...  Some of his stuff is OK- he just has a major issue with Baker.  Just like London and Taco have with Landry....  

I wonder if there's a way to give Mark moderating power on the Tavern again? 

I know he's been itching to "modify" some of the game banter at times. I don't blame him. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder if there's a way to give Mark moderating power on the Tavern again? 

I know he's been itching to "modify" some of the game banter at times. I don't blame him. 

I'll follow up on that- IMHO, Mark needs to be upgraded to the level I'm at....   

On 1/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, Baking up Turnovers said:

I'm very disappointed the NFL is reducing the fine against Baker for the lewd gesture. That nonsense has no place in the game and I would have liked to see the NFL come down hard on him as an example to others. 

This just in...

Stars get treated differently in this league... and Baker is seen as a future star.

Let's just hope the preferential treatment extends to the field officiating.

Welcome back...

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, you can be the least responsible Moderator.   :D  

We don't need an announcement to know that...

I"ve come to admire Kitchens as much as Baker and the boys. I'd put money down on the Browns being in the playoffs next season. Baker is just brilliant - and funny.

...need to text a friend who just flew out there.....

28 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Yo Yo Yo....be giving  Bake a reason to carry a chip on his shoulder....for next year and beyond.   

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

And the early polls say Barkley is highly likely to take home the big award Saturday...  

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And the early polls say Barkley is highly likely to take home the big award Saturday...  

Keep adding reasons for Baker to be pissed off.    Tom Brady has made a 19 year 9 SB appearance career out of having a chip on his shoulder for being only pick #199. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Keep adding reasons for Baker to be pissed off.    Tom Brady has made a 19 year 9 SB appearance career out of having a chip on his shoulder for being only pick #199. 

LOL Gip- I"ve already said Baker would much rather have Super Bowl MVP next to his name than AP OROTY.  :) 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/baker-mayfield-reveals-the-moment-everything-clicked-for-browns-and-more-on-supe

“I think it’s 50-50,” Mayfield said. “Saquon is a good buddy of mine. We have a good back and forth on it right now. It’s just a blessing to be there and in consideration for it. To think about where I was a year ago and to fast forward to now, it’s been a dream I’ve been living through. I’m happy to be here, obviously I want the award but Saquon’s a good friend of mine. He’s a great player as well.”

Strange as it sounds, it was refreshing to read “obviously l want the award but...” I’m so tired of hearing candy ass shit like “l’m just happy to be considered and it’s an honor...” 

Archived