THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, hoorta said:

Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid. :) As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.

I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.

Mexican word of the day:  chicken finger

My girlfriend say she no longer need me chicken finger herself.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:37 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .

Per who you believe ;)..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still 2Vz.gif "winning"!!   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/     

Watching some of his early pre-season stuff and finally some of the tape from the last couple games of the regular season - one of the things I drilled home was Baker's need to improve his ball fake.    Not only from the extension itself but the footwork coupled with it.      

Week 1 out the gate, from his first play.  The two handed grasp, the questionable footwork coming from under center, the poor extension...    the attention to detail is what makes good become great.    In this clip, Baker was nothing near great in that regard.

Last home game.     

Go to 1:31 for me and freeze it.    The footwork from his initial step has shortened, it's tighter, good plant and a quick, deliberate turn...  notice the one arm and full extension?  THAT is development right there.  THAT is how you sell a ball fake. The devil is in the details, my friends.  Baker can still change some things from his initial step, speed and shoulder drop.  But from pre-season to the final home game, you see improvement with the little things that help you become a better QB.  

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Per who you believe ;)..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still 2Vz.gif "winning"!!   https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/     

According to ESPN he appealed his fine to the NFL, and it was reduced to $1700. (which is still too much)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25803019/cleveland-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-fine-gesture-significantly-reduced

On 1/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, hoorta said:

I'm positive if you took a poll of Browns fans, that opinion would be way in the minority. 

Not the first time... and won't be the last...

Doesn't make me wrong.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:52 AM, hoorta said:

Taco, enchillada, you're learning.  Este burrito es muy caliente.  "this burrito is very hot."  

I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:

English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.

just on fox pre game they had a segment with cooper manning of course in a kitchen so cooper ask's baker if he likes kitchens and he replied I love kitchens and then something about jackson and baker replied anything is better than hue I mean you so cooper ask's baker to grab those nut's and baker replied that the nfl doesn't like that

3 hours ago, Nero said:

English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of  the english to be. 

If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.

The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.

My way of learning the difference was whether something is temporary or permanent. Su cuca esta' muy caliente.- does not mean this a permanent stay for her.🤰😰😜

I realize that cuca may be just a Venezuelan term.😘

34 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My way of learning the difference was whether something is temporary or permanent. Su cuca esta' muy caliente.- does not mean this a permanent stay for her.🤰😰😜

I realize that cuca may be just a Venezuelan term.😘

It is, though I understood it. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Now can anyone speak Tagalog

I can speak Basque. Weird enough for you?

11 hours ago, Nero said:

LOL, I forgot that little distinction, been a long time since I actually had to use my Spanish.....  

Sort of like Alaskan Eskimos have 20 different words for "snow".   

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, I forgot that little distinction, been a long time since I actually had to use my Spanish.....  

Sort of like Alaskan Eskimos have 20 different words for "snow".   

I thought they had for "white" and not "snow".

Just now, The Gipper said:

Now you want to talk Navajo

No, but because I contribute to an Indian Mission school in South Dakota, I do know a few words of Sioux.

Pilamayah. "Thank you".  :D

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

No, but because I contribute to an Indian Mission school in South Dakota, I do know a few words of Sioux.

Pilamayah. "Thank you".  :D

Next year I want to see Hemmokwi from this team every play, every game.

That is Zuni for giving your very best hard work at all times. The Zuni HS football team adopted it as a reminder that it meant every down of every game no matter the score or how tired any individual was. Had it placed on T-shirts for every member of the team and every coach as a personal reminder for their lives, not just football.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:31 PM, Nero said:

I can speak Basque. Weird enough for you?

Essential Galic here...

Slainte mhath.... y'all... (pronounced slan-jay var)

5 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I'm very disappointed the NFL is reducing the fine against Baker for the lewd gesture. That nonsense has no place in the game and I would have liked to see the NFL come down hard on him as an example to others. 

Boo fucking hoo.....    

12 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I'm very disappointed the NFL is reducing the fine against Baker for the lewd gesture. That nonsense has no place in the game and I would have liked to see the NFL come down hard on him as an example to others. 

You must be the only guy on Earth that not only complains about a player of his team (alleged team, may I add) getting a reduction with no effect in the game, but does it after a timeout, the Conference Championships and a huge ammount of things happening in the organization with a whole new coaching staff.

I wonder why they are calling you a troll...

4 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I'm not trolling. I'm expressing my disgust in the NFL's disciplinary process. 

How disgusted are you?   Is it just because Baker's fine was reduced or are you disgusted that guys like Hill in KC can still play despite video evidence of him hitting a woman?  How disgusted are you going to be when Kareem Hunt is back on an NFL roster next season?    How truly disgusted are you about all of the bad guys in the league that are still playing or is just because you have a hard on to hate Baker because you're a troll and a fan of another team. 

4 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Are you suggesting that Browns players are above criticism? 

I'm suggesting that every player can be criticized, but the timing and the reason in this case is so off that makes you really wonder how much of a fan you really are. 

38 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I'm not trolling. I'm expressing my disgust in the NFL's disciplinary process. 

Then I trust when Kareem Hunt is playing week 1 next season you'll be in here telling us he should be getting the death penalty.   Since you love excessive punishment so much. 

Archived