THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

To clear this up,  you create an account days after a huge Browns loss/ Ravens win,  with a name mocking our QB for the game sealing turnover.    Then you proceed to tell us that every QB including Jamarcus Russell's mother is better than Baker.  An assessment you stand by despite the trash you saw from Lamar yesterday on even the most basic of throws.   

You're not a browns fan at minimum and a troll at best.   Good day,  sir. 

He doesn't have the wit to achieve troll status. Ghoolie could freaking dance circles and juke moves around this chump.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:12 PM, Baking up Turnovers said:

Playing fortnight isn't a big deal. Getting arrested and grabbing stuff on the sidelines and taunting coaches is. Grow up. 

First off, What would you rather have Baker do? Get drunk like Manziel? I'd rather have him study film, bang his hot fiance, and play video games

Secondly, I wasn't arrested, but I was walking home at a college with with two girls and went back to save my buddy who was drinking bud lights in the street dancing who i thought would get in trouble. A female cop tackles me and goes through my pocket and says what is this, and picks up a beer can out of my pocket. I get an underage, have to do community service, and then its knocked off my record. Baker made a mistake and manned upto it. No different then my situation.

As for him grabbing his junk, that team mocked him and wouldn't shake his hand. Do you want him to cower like a little b@#$ or have a little competitiveness?

Go ahead with choosing Rosen over Mayfield. Rosen was too cocky all of my friends at UCLA said, and he treated people he just met, coaches, and professors like he was above them. D'Arnold panics and tosses picks in clutch situations. Lamar is a running back who can't throw. Josh Allen is inaccurate. Sure some of them might grow, But Baker has heart. 

Baker saw a girl who was dying of Cancer of never said a word about it. He cares, works his ass off, and he accepted our city and fans. All of these fans in their 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, and even 20s like me are desperate for us to be competitive and win a superbowl since we're a football city. He gives us hope.

If you want to attack a QB for character flaws, attack someone like Jameis Winston who steals crab legs and gets accused of raping girls. People like him need to "grow up", not Baker.

Asking Baker to mature a little is hardly an "attack".

As for having a little "competitiveness"... you do what adults do... go play the game and beat the snot out of those who snubbed you and point to the scoreboard.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A Brit???

That would explain the stupidity of some of his comparisons. Can't expect nothing good from a brit.

5 hours ago, stillmotion said:

First off, What would you rather have Baker do? Get drunk like Manziel? I'd rather have him study film, bang his hot fiance, and play video games

As for him grabbing his junk, that team mocked him and wouldn't shake his hand. Do you want him to cower like a little b@#$ or have a little competitiveness?

Go ahead with choosing Rosen over Mayfield. Rosen was too cocky all of my friends at UCLA said, and he treated people he just met, coaches, and professors like he was above them. D'Arnold panics and tosses picks in clutch situations. Lamar is a running back who can't throw. Josh Allen is inaccurate. Sure some of them might grow, But Baker has heart. 

Baker saw a girl who was dying of Cancer never said a word about it. He cares, works his ass off, and he accepted our city and fans. All of these fans in their 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, and even 20s like me are desperate for us to be competitive and win a superbowl since we're a football city. He gives us hope.

If you want to attack a QB for character flaws, attack someone like Jameis Winston who steals crab legs and gets accused of raping girls. People like him need to "grow up", not Baker.

Baking has nothing but an opinion about the other 2018 QBs. We all know the odds of him being right are approaching 1,000:1 against.    

Regarding Winston, he still hasn't grown up, groping an Uber driver. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Asking Baker to mature a little is hardly an "attack".

Sorry Tour, then Baker wouldn't be Baker. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry Tour, then Baker wouldn't be Baker. 

Bullshit, h...

He can still run down the field, jumping and yelling and clapping, in celebration of a TD pass...

He can still "jaw" with defenders in the moment after a big hit or nearly missed one...

That's the good stuff. That's how he channels 95+% of his emotion as it is.

Just can the brat-shit. That last couple percent will never be missed.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Especially after the "Armada incident". LOL!🤣🌊

Yea....at one time it was thought that those people known as "Black Irish"  descended from the remnants of the Spanish Armada who ended up being castaway on Ireland after the defeat of the Armada.   But I believe I can attest to the fact that that is not the case because:   My mother was "Black Irish" ...and I have since had my DNA tested, and there is no trace of Iberian blood in me.   So I would conclude that wherever the Black Irish came from, it was not from the Spaniards.

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Bullshit, h...

He can still run down the field, jumping and yelling and clapping, in celebration of a TD pass...

He can still "jaw" with defenders in the moment after a big hit or nearly missed one...

But...it is so much fun!

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yea....at one time it was thought that those people known as "Black Irish"  descended from the remnants of the Spanish Armada who ended up being castaway on Ireland after the defeat of the Armada.   But I believe I can attest to the fact that that is not the case because:   My mother was "Black Irish" ...and I have since had my DNA tested, and there is no trace of Iberian blood in me.   So I would conclude that wherever the Black Irish came from, it was not from the Spaniards.

Aha-but me great grandmother was pure Irish , but I do not know about me Brit great-grandfather. Me DNA was 28% Spain/SW France and me black strait hair and a bit darker skin tone might just be a verification. So there's that.  LOL!🕺 Flamenco anyone!?

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Aha-but me great grandmother was pure Irish , but I do not know about me Brit great-grandfather. Me DNA was 28% Spain/SW France and me black strait hair and a bit darker skin tone might just be a verification. So there's that.  LOL!🕺 Flamenco anyone!?

You had basically a Spanish grandparent.  You don't have to go back to any great grandparents for it likely.

My Dad thought that we had native American blood in us.  DNA tests showed none at all. 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You had basically a Spanish grandparent.  You don't have to go back to any great grandparents for it likely.

My Dad thought that we had native American blood in us.  DNA tests showed none at all. 

I think I got it from my 1/4 Irish wife. It's catching you know.🙄

Funny thing is that our son had 28% Iberian, so he got some from each of our Irish backgrounds.

EDIT: With my hair/skin I thought Native American would show too. Not a trace.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think I got it from my 1/4 Irish wife. It's catching you know.🙄

Ah.....NO

Funny thing is that our son had 28% Iberian, so he got some from each of our Irish backgrounds.

Ah...NO  again.  Iberian means Spanish/Portugese, not Irish.   You may be thinking about "Hibernian"..which is Irish.

EDIT: With my hair/skin I thought Native American would show too. Not a trace.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bullshit, h...

LOL, are you sure you're not related to Colin Cowherd somehow? I'm positive if you took a poll of Browns fans, that opinion would be way in the minority.  We just have a different opinion of what's acceptable on field behavior Tour. Bratty? Well, he's our brat. When he starts kicking guys like Suh did, you've got something to complain about.  :)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Ah...NO  again.  Iberian means Spanish/Portugese, not Irish.   You may be thinking about "Hibernian"..which is Irish.

No that is exactly what I meant. We both have 25% and 28% DNA respectively in common with the people from the Iberian peninsula which includes Spain, Portugal and far SW France. None of our relatives came from there, but we certainly had a lot of Irish close relatives. So I was making my point that perhaps the Irish ones we came from were in fact originally off the Spanish Armada. Almost all of the rest of our DNA came from the British Isles (along with our relative) with a very small bit of Denmark/Norway/Finland area of Europe thrown in. It should be noted that people living in the British Isles also have a bit of that SW Europe, but not near as high as ours was.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No that is exactly what I meant. We both have 25% and 28% DNA respectively in common with the people from the Iberian peninsula which includes Spain, Portugal and far SW France. None of our relatives came from there, but we certainly had a lot of Irish close relatives. So I was making my point that perhaps the Irish ones we came from were in fact originally off the Spanish Armada. Almost all of the rest of our DNA came from the British Isles (along with our relative) with a very small bit of Denmark/Norway/Finland area of Europe thrown in. It should be noted that people living in the British Isles also have a bit of that SW Europe, but not near as high as ours was.

25-28% means that your Spanish ancestry is much, much more recent than if you are the descendant of someone from off the Spanish Armada..which was  1588.  That would have likely been about  17-18 generations ago....and you would have at most about 5% Iberian.

Let's assume you were born in 1990, and that the average length of a generation is 25 years. It would take, on average, 13 generations to get back to 1690, which would be your 10th great-grandparents. 

1990 - 1 - you 
1965 - 2 - parents 
1940 - 3 - grandparents 
1915 - 4 - great-grandparents 
1890 - 5 - 2nd great-grandparents 
1865 - 6 - 3rd great-grandparents 
1840 - 7 - 4th great-grandparents 
1815 - 8 - 5th great-grandparents 
1790 - 9 - 6th great-grandparents 
1765 - 10 - 7th great-grandparents 
1740 - 11 - 8th great-grandparents 
1715 - 12 - 9th great-grandparents 
1690 - 13 - 10th great-granparents 
1665 - 14 - 11th great-grandparents 
1640 - 15 - 12th great-grandparents 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

25-28% means that your Spanish ancestry is much, much more recent than if you are the descendant of someone from off the Spanish Armada..which was  1588.  That would have likely been about  17-18 generations ago....and you would have at most about 5% Iberian.

Let's assume you were born in 1990, and that the average length of a generation is 25 years. It would take, on average, 13 generations to get back to 1690, which would be your 10th great-grandparents. 

1990 - 1 - you 
1965 - 2 - parents 
1940 - 3 - grandparents 
1915 - 4 - great-grandparents 
1890 - 5 - 2nd great-grandparents 
1865 - 6 - 3rd great-grandparents 
1840 - 7 - 4th great-grandparents 
1815 - 8 - 5th great-grandparents 
1790 - 9 - 6th great-grandparents 
1765 - 10 - 7th great-grandparents 
1740 - 11 - 8th great-grandparents 
1715 - 12 - 9th great-grandparents 
1690 - 13 - 10th great-granparents 
1665 - 14 - 11th great-grandparents 
1640 - 15 - 12th great-grandparents 

I think it would be worthwhile for you to research the national Geographic DNA study called Helix Geno 2.0 which is an ongoing project. You will find that people native to the British Isles multiple generations back share a lot of DNA with Iberian peoples, so it's not as simple as you may think.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think it would be worthwhile for you to research the national Geographic DNA study called Helix Geno 2.0 which is an ongoing project. You will find that people native to the British Isles multiple generations back share a lot of DNA with Iberian peoples, so it's not as simple as you may think.

Everybody wants a bit of Spaniard on themselves 😉

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Si', co'mo no!😁

Y acentos también. 

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or, it may be that whatever DNA test you took was faulty.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Are you guys setting up a date?

jealous? 

Archived