THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Time to ignore the troll.

I'll let him spew all he wants- unless it gets too obnoxious- then it will get deleted. But yeah- Baking is in serious denial. In this case it's a fine line between actually believing what you're posting and flat-out flamebaiting.... If I wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt so far, he'd already be gone....   

I don't think anyone who seriously believes what Cowherd is spewing can be taken seriously. Colin is looking for microscopic warts on Mayfield. The nattering nabob of negativity in the sports world.

As I said earlier when I was stuck as a captive audience New Year's Day (I suppose I could have turned the radio off in disgust) I got these takeaways from the World according to Colin:

1) Cowherd hates the Browns in general.

2) He hates Baker Mayfield in particular. 

3) He's like a vulture swooping in when he sees a chance to turn any toxic situation (Antonio Brown) into some click bait.  

I don't see a troll.

I see a skeptic... at least as far as Baker is concerned. So be it....

Can't explain the Cowherd love tho. Been a couple years since I even tried to watch the guy and I wasn't successful then...

Oh good, a new board villain. Welcome to the board you dastardly fellow.

I must admit l really really REALLY like Mayfield’s fire and infectiousness, and his giddy almost kid-like love of playing the game. I also appreciate and relate to the “us against the world” vibe that he seems to have. 

That said, l am curious to watch his progression from rookie badass QB leader of a very young team to veteran badass QB leader of a less young team in the coming years. He does come off as a guy with a super alpha personality, and we saw what it looks like when you rub him the wrong way.

Performance wise, l don’t see how anyone could knock Mayfield after one season. I mean, l don’t know what handbook you use to rate rookie QBs, but for me it’s a trial year, and you’re mostly looking for improvement. 

4 hours ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

1) So someone who doesn't agree with you is a troll? 

2) I don't think Cowherd hates either the Browns or Baker. He's just highly critical of Baker's off the field antics and for good reason. 

3) No thanks. I think I'm going to cast my vote for Barkley instead. 

1) Not necessarily. But hell's bells- you come in here saying four other quarterbacks from the 2018 Draft are going to be better than Baker- with zero supporting evidence other than an off the wall personal opinion, all current statistics to the contrary- can be construed as flamebaiting. So support your your position with some  FACTS or STFU about your anti Baker diatribe. 

2) And on that you'd be wrong- again. Cow-pie has his opinion, which is worth less than a pile of cow shit of his idea of an "ideal' quarterback. The other guys are less "controversial" really? When Colin's only reason to get air time is to be controversial. Pretty damn hypocritical if you ask me. So deal with that- OK? 

3) Great- maybe you can root for the Giants when the Browns play them in the Super Bowl a few years down the road. That's not anything I'd want to hear from a real Browns fan. 

I'll say this as nice as I can. You've already worn out your welcome here. If Zombo our uber moderator wasn't apparently on sabbatical, you'd already be gone. Mark already wants you gone. So keep on keeping on- and see where that gets you. You've been warned. We don't sit around the campfire and sing kumbayah, but if you want to post unsubstantiated crap, I'm not going to put up with it. Neither would any other Browns board that I frequent. 

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't see a troll.

I see a skeptic... at least as far as Baker is concerned. So be it....

Can't explain the Cowherd love tho. Been a couple years since I even tried to watch the guy and I wasn't successful then...

I saw a flat out liar. Sorry, but when he stated that he was from The Land??? Cmon dude. Who actually sez that shit? I’ll tell you this. People in pa have been referring to the city as that as well as other outsiders. Tsk tsk, and they never even got to see Soul Man

On 1/5/2019 at 4:29 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

I saw a flat out liar. Sorry, but when he stated that he was from The Land??? Cmon dude. Who actually sez that shit? I’ll tell you this. People in pa have been referring to the city as that as well as other outsiders. Tsk tsk, and they never even got to see Soul Man

It could be a disgruntled member of the Josh Rosen deep state. Or just a dick.

WSS

I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

On 1/4/2019 at 9:13 PM, Baking up Turnovers said:

So someone who doesn't agree with you is a troll? 

I don't think Cowherd hates either the Browns or Baker. He's just highly critical of Baker's off the field antics and for good reason. 

Mayfield is legit. You’re either trippin, or a troll. His off field antics? What?

Playing fortnite and 1 run in with the law is too much antics for you?🤔

He is the perfect fit for a Cleveland QB. Rosen and Darnold never would’ve survived here. They may be good, but they are NOT Cleveland material.

Just now, bjh2130 said:

I was listening to Sports Talk Radio here in Columbus Ohio when I heard what I thought was an interesting comparison for Baker Mayfield. I know he's not anyone else he's just Baker Mayfield but people thrown around Drew Brees because of his stature and accuracy Brett Favre because of his demeanor on the field having fun playing the game and his stronger arm. The one they mentioned on the radio today that I thought was interesting in somewhat accurate was a smaller Philip Rivers. Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership and they want nothing more then to win. Like I said I know he's no one else he's Baker Mayfield but I think that smaller Philip Rivers might be my favorite most accurate depiction of Baker Mayfield. Let's hope Baker gets some playoff wins and Super Bowls earlier in his career than maybe Phillip will do this year

I wanted to add that I do think that Baker's trash talking or yelling is and more of a fun way that rallies your teammates whereas Rivers seems to be more in a whiny way that could wear on your teammates

Just now, bjh2130 said:

Phillip and Baker are both very accurate, they both have plus arms and can really spin it, they both will throw from all kinds of different angles to get it to their intended target, and they both have that fiery trash-talking leadership

Phillip is a one of a kind QB. When he gets hot, he is among the best ever with deadeye like accuracy. 

Baker reminds me of Russell Wilson(not tall,quick feet, good footwork, great arm) .. Brees even said before the Browns Saints game that Mayfield is more gifted with a bigger arm then he has. 

And yes🔼, Baker doesn’t seem like the guy who yells at teammates..

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Funny thing is that Rivers is known to be trash talking mouthy, but he never cusses.

1 hour ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Playing fortnight isn't a big deal. Getting arrested and grabbing stuff on the sidelines and taunting coaches is. Grow up. 

Just admit it, you’re a closet Stooler fan.

18 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Huh?

Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. 

I can asssure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

No you’re the one that has to fucking grow up and get over it. I imagine you were one fucking piece of shit when you were that age so are you expecting no want to get over the things that you probably did then. 

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Funny thing is that Rivers is known to be trash talking mouthy, but he never cusses.

Because Rivers is a religious sort of guy, just doesn't wear it on his sleeve like Tebow and Warner. I could pull up some of Phil's comments from those sort of Forums, but I won't.  

15 hours ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Huh?

Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. I can assure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

Just get over it, as others have already said. Football isn't the Holy Roller League. If every player was miked up and uncensored on every play, I'd damn bet you 70% of the trash talking is profanity. You want your quarterback to be a saint, or win football games? 

Mayfield thinks Hue Jackson is a shitty coach. I think Hue Jackson was a shitty coach for the Browns. A lot of fans wouldn't only have stared down Hue if given the chance, they would have flipped him off & mooned him on top of it. Baker showed remarkable restraint.  

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Mayfield thinks Hue Jackson is a shitty coach. I think Hue Jackson was a shitty coach for the Browns. A lot of fans wouldn't only have stared down Hue if given the chance, they would have flipped him off & mooned him on top of it. Baker showed remarkable restraint.  

In fact I'm thinking of starting a gofundme for a truckload of Moonpies for Huey.🌕🥧

11 hours ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Huh?

Agreed. Baker has got to grow up. 

I can asssure you I'm not a Steelers fan. The very thought! 

To clear this up,  you create an account days after a huge Browns loss/ Ravens win,  with a name mocking our QB for the game sealing turnover.    Then you proceed to tell us that every QB including Jamarcus Russell's mother is better than Baker.  An assessment you stand by despite the trash you saw from Lamar yesterday on even the most basic of throws.   

You're not a browns fan at minimum and a troll at best.   Good day,  sir. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

To clear this up,  you create an account days after a huge Browns loss/ Ravens win,  with a name mocking our QB for the game sealing turnover.    Then you proceed to tell us that every QB including Jamarcus Russell's mother is better than Baker.  An assessment you stand by despite the trash you saw from Lamar yesterday on even the most basic of throws.   

You're not a browns fan at minimum and a troll at best.   Good day,  sir. 

I'm assuming he's just your average cork soaker.

WSS

26 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Nope. I've never been arrested or got into trouble. 

Maybe. 

You can makeup whatever false accusations you want about my fandom. I know the truth and God knows the truth and that's all that really matters. 

Cool but God hasn't told me directly.   If you show up to the muni next year and say hi along with 3 forms of ID...  You might be ok.  

26 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Nope. I've never been arrested or got into trouble. 

That does not make you less of an asshat.

Maybe. 

You can makeup whatever false accusations you want about my fandom. I know the truth and God knows the truth and that's all that really matters. 

Being a Browns fans has not helped be any less of a turd gobbler.

Archived