THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

He duplicates 2019 with what he did in 2018, playoffs here we come.  :)  The signs of the turnaround started immediately when the first thing he did was send Kenny Britt packing...  

Sometimes a GM has to make unpopular decisions, like trading Josh Gordon or Corey Coleman.

Then there’s the decisions that make everyone happy...like getting rid of Kenny Britt.

In hindsight, I can’t think of a trade Dorsey made in 2018 that will come back to haunt us.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Sometimes a GM has to make unpopular decisions, like trading Josh Gordon or Corey Coleman.

Then there’s the decisions that make everyone happy...like getting rid of Kenny Britt.

In hindsight, I can’t think of a trade Dorsey made in 2018 that will come back to haunt us.

I thought Corey Coleman was shit before we drafted him. However I thought we blew it with Gordon. The takeaway here is that Dorsey doesn't seem to need our bullshit to be successful. Our past GMs sucked twat balls off of bus seats.

Good Video^^ #6 Baker Mayfield matches his jersey number in rotw, announced today as Rookie of the Week Vs.Bengals last week for 6th time this season..Congrats to Baker & Nick Chubb both being candidates..C.Cowherd will be accepting these awards at this point🤓        

GREAT VIDEO ! LOL

No wonder the fans and teammates of Baker loved him so much.

He's just a natural born leader, feisty, funny, and the TEAM is coming together.

I will officially take this opportunity to once again brag that I wanted Baker Mayfield since around January or February. Haha, just kidding. Nobody cares. 

I tell ya what, the little guy sure is infectious, huh? Watching him throw the ball never gets old. He literally "whips it" and the ball comes out HOT. Remember the Jets game when Baker threw a missile to Landry and it pegged him in the chest because it got there faster than he was expecting? Lol. I'm a fan that doesn't place THAT much emphasis on arm strength, but it was very obvious early on with Baker that he had the power to drive the ball to the hashes, and it's one of his better throws. If you're in a defense susceptible to an out route, he'll hurt you. Also, Callaway, Higgins, and especially Landry have all proven adept at the sideline catch. Heck, even Perriman has made multiple, tough sideline receptions. 

I've said it 1000 times, but Baker's attitude was one of the BIGGEST reasons I wanted him on our team. We needed a powerful force to catapult us out of the losing funk we were stuck in for years. A personality that literally would refuse to succumb to the Factory of Sadness B.S. And now we have him. Do yourself a favor and go back and watch the Jets game highlights. Down 14, national game, Baker comes in before half with 2 minutes to go. It'll give you goosebumps. 

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

About as bad as it gets. I bet there was a bunch of “media” influence. I’ve never even heard of the NFL fining a player this late for something involving his own coach. They couldn’t fine him for pue so they had to make up something

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Exactly Steve the NCAA going to fine the West Virginia player for making a "lewd Gesture" grabbing a certain area after he got whacked in the nuts last night?  

Colon must have friends in high places... I mean- that wasn't even directed at Hue, so WTF???   

ESPN running a feature on Philip Rivers king of the trash talkers and saying how good he is at it while they have been giving shit about Bakers stare all week .....hypocrisy 

Congrats to Baker for setting the rookie TD passes mark!   - A lot of negative streaks stopped by Baker this year.....and a nice positive one for himself!

Baker and Hue:   Baker seems to have made it clear that he does not like Hue Jackson.  I can't pretend to know the reason(s)....but if I had to guess at one of 'em, perhaps a big one, it would be that Hue never let Baker have a shot at winning the starting QB job.  All offseason, all training camp, it was Tyrod's job.  A guy who had never taken a QB snap for the Browns.  

I understand wanting to let the rookie QB sit and learn.  I was in that camp.  But I never thought it was fair that Baker was given NO shot at it.  He got NO reps with the starters....none.  TC & preseason lasts quite a while...and he was allowed zero snaps with the starters.  I guess it's actually kinda' disrespecting the #1 overall pick if ya think about it.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Fuck him! Fuck those that pay attention to him. Fuck promoting him. 

This. All of this. 

Anyway, I heard another stat, but I can't seem to find the documentation, but apparently Baker Mayfield lead the NFL in red zone efficiency. Think about what that means. We literally went from worst to first in a HUGELY important category, and to have it done by a rookie is almost unthinkable. Rookie QBs ALWAYS struggle in the red zone. Just crazy. I think Mayfield has 20 TD passes and zero picks in red zone. Yo. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

This. All of this. 

Anyway, I heard another stat, but I can't seem to find the documentation, but apparently Baker Mayfield lead the NFL in red zone efficiency. Think about what that means. We literally went from worst to first in a HUGELY important category, and to have it done by a rookie is almost unthinkable. Rookie QBs ALWAYS struggle in the red zone. Just crazy. I think Mayfield has 20 TD passes and zero picks in red zone. Yo. 

I’ve seen that as well. He hits the Redzone and punches it. Others tend to ride the brakes. He’s all about the TDs 

1 minute ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I actually agree with fining him. That stuff has no place in the game of football. Act like a professional. I do commend him for giving the GoFundMe money to charity though. 

You certainly have a hard on for Baker.   You must be one of Hue's kids or did he take the girl you liked in high school or something? 

12 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I actually agree with fining him. That stuff has no place in the game of football. Act like a professional. I do commend him for giving the GoFundMe money to charity though. 

Rivers has earned that though with years of elite play. Baker has yet to earn that.  Right now he just looks like an arrogant little shit. If you want to be a cocky guy like Rivers or Rodgers your play needs to back it up first. 

Someone still has to explain what is lewd about that gesture that is being made in front of his own coach with his back essentially to the field.  I have been around longer than most of you and have been exposed to my share of lewd gestures, but this is one I am just not familiar with.

5 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Nah nothing like that. I don't know him in real life. The reasons for me not being crazy about him are clearly stated in the thread you got locked. 

If you're really a Browns fan (which I highly doubt) its going to be a rough bunch of years for you then because it doesn't look like Baker is going anywhere for a long time.     But I'll address (again) your claim that he plays bad against good defenses.   Only 2 QB's threw for over 300 yards agains the Ravens this season and the QB you hate did it twice.

Archived