BobPOUND!

Baker Mayfield Thread

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that video isn't available, so, no, they don't.

Looks like they took it away.

Baker locked that DOWN. Smart man, girl is super dope. On the football side of things, this is generally a positive step in a player's life. I don't see Baker going out and making a fool of himself. I see him as a matured, dedicated, and motivated player. 

Oh, and check out her Instagram page. My lord she's sweet. 

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Nice work, Baker. Lock up the hottie that loved you when you were broke.

Next on his list: starting NFL QB.

You better bring it, Tyrod.

Zombo

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker locked that DOWN. Smart man, girl is super dope. On the football side of things, this is generally a positive step in a player's life. I don't see Baker going out and making a fool of himself. I see him as a matured, dedicated, and motivated player. 

Oh, and check out her Instagram page. My lord she's sweet. 

Now we know who we was talking to that day ... "See you after the game"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Poor Roethlisberger had a starting QB position with a gigantic salary and bigger feet than Herman Munster; but the only people he had sex with before he turned 30 were 2 females that said "NO!" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Nice work, Baker. 

Zombo

Todd Haley should award Baker with double the reps learning his playbook from this honeydew melon around..even I would check out of Haley's play call, shouting "Emily/Emily"!! 

16 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

That'll last about a year or two.

I don't know maybe they like each other and they will be happily ever after, eh?

emily-wilkinson-hot-photos2-1.png

• Like 1

Nice body, the face looks like Mr. Ed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2018 at 9:29 AM, Zombo said:

Now we know who we was talking to that day ... "See you after the game"!

I was just looking at more of her pics.  My sweet lord!!

On 7/1/2018 at 12:57 PM, mjp28 said:

I don't know maybe they like each other and they will be happily ever after, eh?

emily-wilkinson-hot-photos2-1.png

I mean....wow.  Just wow.  

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think she looks better as a brunette:

I think you may be right there.

I watched that two part program yesterday about Baker and his having to overcome size, walk-ons at two universities, etc. I think we got us a real fighter here closer to the old school guys of the 40's & 50's. This kid will not be denied and will work his butt off for us as he has done from grade school through the Heisman.

I was very impressed by his determination to not be another JM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Baker had himself a very good day at camp yesterday, and that alone is wonderful to hear.  I don't read TOO much into it, but it's still nice to hear.  Also, Mary Kay Cabot reported that he hasn't thrown a pick yet at camp.  THAT is very nice to read.  Also, Baker appears to be developing a very nice report with Higgins, who I earlier predicted as a dark horse receiver to open eyes.  I really think Kizer screwed him over big time, and Higgins is taking advantage of precision passes he's getting from the new QB's.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2018 at 9:26 AM, Zombo said:

Zombo

If you watched the Baker video yesterday- I'd say he was never really "broke" from the family pics, probably upper middle class family- but certainly not oil rich like Johnny Football's Dad.  Baker certainly drew back the curtain on his private life a little bit. Could see why he spent Draft Day with the Family and not in Dallas. Guy has some real moxie, won't step down to anyone- and it explained why he left Texas Tech.  Plus- apologetic for making an butt out of himself when he ran from the cops. Seeing that- I'm surprised he didn't seriously mess up his head- looks like he cracked it pretty good on that concrete when the cops tackled him.  

30 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker had himself a very good day at camp yesterday, and that alone is wonderful to hear.  I don't read TOO much into it, but it's still nice to hear.  Also, Mary Kay Cabot reported that he hasn't thrown a pick yet at camp.  THAT is very nice to read.  Also, Baker appears to be developing a very nice report with Higgins, who I earlier predicted as a dark horse receiver to open eyes.  I really think Kizer screwed him over big time, and Higgins is taking advantage of precision passes he's getting from the new QB's.

LOL, the below is the reason I was all aboard the Baker train pre draft. Plenty athletic enough, and by the time you make it to the pros, you're either accurate- or you're not. Primary reason I wanted nothing to do with bazooka arm scattershot Josh Allen. There would have been serious pissin' and moanin' here if we had drafted the media darling everyone thought we were going to take.  https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/07/watch_during_jets_sam_darnold_holdout_josh_mccown.html 

"Baker's deadly accurate with the ball,'' said Jackson. "So is Tyrod and so is Drew. I think our guys have  been throwing some pinpoint passes, so the receivers, all you've got to do is be in the right spot at the right time, they'll put the ball in place where you get a chance to catch it. So that's been good.''

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I watched that two part program yesterday about Baker and his having to overcome size, walk-ons at two universities, etc. I think we got us a real fighter here closer to the old school guys of the 40's & 50's. This kid will not be denied and will work his butt off for us as he has done from grade school through the Heisman.

I was very impressed by his determination to not be another JM.

A Bobby Layne type?  Without the booze?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

A Bobby Layne type?  Without the booze?

He's a tough guy no doubt and not afraid of anyone. As a walkon the starting QB tried to make him go get towels when it started to rain and he told him where he could put it and when the position coach tried to make him comply with the QBs order, he told him as well. Kid's got some starch.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, the below is the reason I was all aboard the Baker train pre draft. Plenty athletic enough, and by the time you make it to the pros, you're either accurate- or you're not. Primary reason I wanted nothing to do with bazooka arm scattershot Josh Allen. There would have been serious pissin' and moanin' here if we had drafted the media darling everyone thought we were going to take.  https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/07/watch_during_jets_sam_darnold_holdout_josh_mccown.html 

"Baker's deadly accurate with the ball,'' said Jackson. "So is Tyrod and so is Drew. I think our guys have  been throwing some pinpoint passes, so the receivers, all you've got to do is be in the right spot at the right time, they'll put the ball in place where you get a chance to catch it. So that's been good.''

You nailed it, and it's the primary reason why I predicted Higgins would be better than we've seen. When the ball came to Higgins, and was catchable, he was extremely reliable. That long TD catch at the end of the year was obviously his career highlight, but the importance of that big play can't be understated. Lack of big plays basically crushed us all year. We simply didn't HAVE that many, but after that huge play, we were in the game. They obviously provide points, but just as importantly, they give a huge boost to the momentum swing. Let's face it, none of us thought Higgins had that speed, right? Lol! I hope he stays healthy, and I expect him to be a sort of "3rd down weapon" for us. He'll likely garner the 3rd DB, and he might just win that match up. 

There are some of us who have been on the "Baker Train" for a long time.  Higgins and (sadly) Jordan Payton were 2 WR I liked pre-draft in 2016. Higgins was one of those WR who needed a positive veteran presence (Landry, my Browns MVP) in the room & on field along with QBs who could get the ball to him. Now he's showing what he can do & I'm lovin' it!

Mike