BobPOUND!

Baker Mayfield Thread

56 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Cal officially likes Baker - kiss of death. 

(just kidding cal)

screaming-woman.jpg

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

From looking at that, it sounds like we have at least 4 slam dunk future Hall of Famer QBs from this draft. I'm sold for sure , aren't you?

Mike

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

(just kidding cal)

screaming-woman.jpg

ha...ha. dammit. (LOL)

48 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Rookie quarterback progress reports - first impressions for 13 QBs drafted in 2018

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23659740/rookie-quarterback-progress-reports-first-impressions-13-qbs-drafted-2018

I believe the immortal bard wrote a play with the most accurate title concerning all of this at this point in time, "Much Ado About Nothing".

And naturally enough it's a comedy.🏈🎃

• Upvote 2

Interesting about Mike White, though. He's a very smart qb - hope Dallas keeps him as a #3.

Baker's got his work out cut for him.

Since 1999 we've been "graced" by the following:

Overall record of "top" QB's, sorted by wins

Tim Couch 22-37

Derek Anderson 16-18

Brian Hoyer 10-6

Most wins in Cleveland's "new" (post-1999) stadium

Ben Roethlisberger* 12

Derek Anderson 11

Tim Couch 8

Most touchdowns in Cleveland's "new" (post-1999) stadium

Tim Couch 25

Derek Anderson 23

Ben Roethlisberger* 18

* denotes player does/did not actually play for the Browns

Literally the only other situation I know of where a quarterback has dominated an opposing team in the last 2 decades in its own stadium so consistently is Tom Brady in Buffalo. He has 14 wins there (more than anyone but Drew Bledsoe who also has 14), but actually has thrown more touchdowns (38) in Buffalo than any actual Bills QB during that same era including Bledsoe.

The earliest any Browns QB could hope to get 12 wins in Cleveland is October 2019.

I really hope the Browns stick to the plan to slow-play Mayfield, and perhaps let him start at the end of the season if he's legitimately ready for it. If not, let him sit the entire season.

But this always sounds like a great idea to the Browns... in May, June, July... 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Report: Browns blown away by how teammates gravitating toward Baker Mayfield

Hee Hee 

• Upvote 1

What's a Browns season without a QB controversy?

On 6/3/2018 at 9:13 PM, Marc1971 said:

Most wins in Cleveland's "new" (post-1999) stadium

Ben Roethlisberger* 12

Derek Anderson 11

Tim Couch 8

Forgot to mention fourth place:

Joe Flacco 7

Baby steps to QB2. Kid stays honest with himself and NFL ain't easy.. https://www.brownszone.com/2018/06/05/no-1-pick-baker-mayfield-moves-up-to-no-2-in-qb-rotation-during-otas/  Can we get off the kid,when the ball hits targets hands than is picked (2 of his 3 day 1)? Sounds like Devalve..has the Njoku hands of last years camp.

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Baby steps to QB2. Kid stays honest with himself and NFL ain't easy.. https://www.brownszone.com/2018/06/05/no-1-pick-baker-mayfield-moves-up-to-no-2-in-qb-rotation-during-otas/  Can we get off the kid,when the ball hits targets hands than is picked (2 of his 3 day 1)? Sounds like Devalve..has the Njoku hands of last years camp.

Devalve seems to be a consistent target in the passing game, and I want to say he had two TD's the other day in OTA's.  I did NOT like reading Njoku dropped a TD, but hopefully he learns from it.  

On 6/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I really hope the Browns stick to the plan to slow-play Mayfield, and perhaps let him start at the end of the season if he's legitimately ready for it. If not, let him sit the entire season.

But this always sounds like a great idea to the Browns... in May, June, July... 🤣

Well said Dutch!   I think we made a much better choice of veteran QB to look to than we have in recent years while we've also strengthened our WR Corps and RB positions at the same time.

Mayfield is very impressed with Taylor and says he learns a lot watching him; while Stanton offers a voice of experience when they're watching Taylor run the offense. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, Westside Steve said:

Why Baker Mayfield's move up to No. 2 came at the right time

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/06/why_baker_mayfield_working_wit.html

Shared from my Google feed

Good news.

As the article says, Drew Stanton doesn't need the reps ...

Zombo

• Upvote 1

That was great fun - I'm getting the idea that Mayfield has a great head on his shoulders more and more.