THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, syd said:

free shoes from The King and he didn't bother to go to the game?he hates Cleveland, bet he wish's he was in new York B)

EDIT:  http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/05/baker_mayfield_on_bernie_kosar.html

Little premature making that conclusion syd.  :) 

Mayfield, who proclaimed at the NFL combine that if anyone could turn the Browns around he could, was aware that some fans were distraught when they passed on Sam Darnold in favor of him at No. 1.  

"Winning the game will take care of winning them over,'' he said. "I did genuinely want to come here.  You want to be the guy to lead that. You want to be that person. For me being as competitive as I am, the bigger the challenge for me, the better for me."

"It's been so far so good, so I've definitely enjoyed it, felt welcomed and this feels like home already,'' he said. He's determined to help bring the joy back to Brownstown.

1 hour ago, LionOfBuddha said:

He said on Twitter he’s jumping June 1st

I'd prefer another J starting month... Like January.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder if in the history of the NFL if there's ever a first round pick who looked bad during the rookie non-contact camp a week after the draft? :lol: 

Well, Sam Darnold did fumble the first snap from center on Day 1 of rookie camp...then he managed to repeat that first snap fumble again on Day 2.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'd prefer another J starting month... Like January.

Still going to be cold as hell.

I believe the lake temp as of yesterday was 44 degrees (that's 6.6 celsius to the rest of the world).

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Still going to be cold as hell.

I believe the lake temp as of yesterday was 44 degrees (that's 6.6 celsius to the rest of the world).

Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic? 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Good. I like my head coach cold. I don't know if it is used in other countries/contexts, but here we say ''meter en la nevera'' (to put in the fridge) when someone is suspended for some time for doing bad his job. Mostly used for soccer referees. We're exactly doing that with Hue. Isn't it ironic? 

He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.  :)  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

He'll be well chilled Nero. I did some wading in the Lake in July when it had warmed up to 21C, and that's still mighty cold. BTW, Lake Erie regularly freezes over in the winter. Way back, Ohio had a really cold winter, the temperature for several days running was in the -25C range at night. Decided the lake was plenty frozen over, so I took a stroll about a kilometer out on the ice. It was white as far as you could see.  :)  

This is America....use Fahrenheit.!!!:angry:

Beyond that, Fahrenheit is a better system of use.....even for...or particularly for  those who are fans of the metric system.    Metric systems like their scales of measurements based on  a decimal system....using scales of like 0-100.    Humans basically live in that scale....under the Fahreheit system. The Celsius, or Centrigrade system only has the human race living in like one third  of it:   like 20 Below zero to about 37 above.   We live more on a 0-100 F scale.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold. 

So I guess people ice skate on the lake?

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Setting up QB battles: Who's leading, where rookies stand

https://search.app.goo.gl/7L8iX

Shared from my Google feed

I'm quite surprised that they would say that it's unlikely that Mayfield starts this season. 

Let's say the Browns are 2-8 going into the bye week, which I feel is very realistic, would it surprise ANYONE if the Browns start looking to the future and see what they have in 23 year old Baker Mayfield with a staggering 43 college starts?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm quite surprised that they would say that it's unlikely that Mayfield starts this season. 

Let's say the Browns are 2-8 going into the bye week, which I feel is very realistic, would it surprise ANYONE if the Browns start looking to the future and see what they have in 23 year old Baker Mayfield?

Of course not. But how bad would that suck? I mean if problem was quarterback. 

WSS

4 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

That would be awfully close to suicide. 

..... I think that's why Nero said it! 

14 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

He said on Twitter he’s jumping June 1st

... jumping in the lake JUNE 1st... wtf Hue? I smell pussy. 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

This is America....use Fahrenheit.!!!:angry:

Beyond that, Fahrenheit is a better system of use.....even for...or particularly for  those who are fans of the metric system.    Metric systems like their scales of measurements based on  a decimal system....using scales of like 0-100.    Humans basically live in that scale....under the Fahreheit system. The Celsius, or Centrigrade system only has the human race living in like one third  of it:   like 20 Below zero to about 37 above.   We live more on a 0-100 F scale.

MABS. America's always been stupid. (when it comes to metric) Gipper, just give it up- American false sense of superiority. The rest of the world laughs at us not converting to metric. I have to have metric tools to work on my bike. And if you forgot- the mile race isn't even a recognized distance in the Olympics anymore- it's the 1500. Which, using a handy dandy calculator is 93% of a mile. 

So here's your primer. 32F = 0C, 68F= 20C, 212F= 100C. LOL, us medical people know damn well 98.6F= 37C. 1 liter is a tad over 1 Us quart. kilogram = 2.2 pounds. kilometer= .62 miles, ergo 100 kilometers per hour = 62 mph. 

Only in the USA with foot dragging. If your doing work on damn near any car of late, and you don't have metric tools, you're SOL pal.  :D 

Sh!t, 1\2 the kids working in stores are damn near on the moron level when it comes to decimal equivalents- go ask for 1\3 of a pound of ham at the meat counter, at watch the blank stares. Tooooo tough for Americans to realize 500 grams of ham are 1.1 pounds. 4 liters of gas are about a gallon, 150kph will get you a speeding ticket about anywhere. 

But don't worry Gip, when the US finally goes metric, you'll probably be dead. 

8 hours ago, Nero said:

I've worked as a lifeguard and I had to measure temperature: I recall 21C being super cold. 

Ice fish, yes, ice skate, no.  LOL, safety issues, and you get snow on top of the ice. Doesn't freeze all nice and smooth like a skating rink. Though, at times the ice is plenty thick enough you can drive a car or an ATV out on to it. Just DON'T break through. You do, 15 minutes or less to get out, or you're going to die. LOL, it's why us guys wanted Hue to jump in right before it froze over- you deserved a life changing experience for that 0-16.   Me and Tex Ag have had adventures out in the Rockies with glacial runoff that was damn near freezing- and your body about instantly goes numb when water is that cold.  :) 

17 hours ago, Nero said:

21 C  is like  70 degrees in real temperature.  So, while that would be a bit chilly to jump in.....Lake Erie can get down to just above freezing yet not freeze.  Say  35 degrees.  That is what it should have been when Hue jumped in...the gutless wonder.

17 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

That would be awfully close to suicide. 

Polar Bear clubs jump in Lake Erie all the time in January and survive.  The point is to jump in and get out....not to linger so as to get hypothermia.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

MABS. America's always been stupid. (when it comes to metric) Gipper, just give it up- American false sense of superiority. The rest of the world laughs at us not converting to metric. I have to have metric tools to work on my bike. And if you forgot- the mile race isn't even a recognized distance in the Olympics anymore- it's the 1500. Which, using a handy dandy calculator is 93% of a mile. 

So here's your primer. 32F = 0C, 68F= 20C, 212F= 100C. LOL, us medical people know damn well 98.6F= 37C. 1 liter is a tad over 1 Us quart. kilogram = 2.2 pounds. kilometer= .62 miles, ergo 100 kilometers per hour = 62 mph. 

Only in the USA with foot dragging. If your doing work on damn near any car of late, and you don't have metric tools, you're SOL pal.  :D 

Sh!t, 1\2 the kids working in stores are damn near on the moron level when it comes to decimal equivalents- go ask for 1\3 of a pound of ham at the meat counter, at watch the blank stares. Tooooo tough for Americans to realize 500 grams of ham are 1.1 pounds. 4 liters of gas are about a gallon, 150kph will get you a speeding ticket about anywhere. 

But don't worry Gip, when the US finally goes metric, you'll probably be dead. 

All you have done is to convince me that I am right.   As far as a system of weather  temperature,   Fahrenheit is better.  It uses pretty much a full zero to 100 scale.  It is not truncated like Celsius (and beyond that...Fahrenheit isn't schizo....C....does not know if it is supposed to be known as Celsius or Centigrade).   Fahrenheit also uses  more  increments of temperature.   I mean, I can tell you right now that there is a difference when I set my thermostat at 68   versus if I set it at 72.    With C...there is hardly a difference....but there damned well is a difference.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

American false sense of superiority. The rest of the world laughs at us not converting to metric.

metric system? no. Not for America, we are real - there is great reason to avoid going metric, dammit.

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

21 C  is like  70 degrees in real temperature.  

You mean like in gibberish?

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

You mean like in gibberish?

Fahrenheit.....where the temperature readings mean something.  Where 40 is cool, 70 is warm and 90 is hot.    Not C....where the difference between cool, warm and hot are only a degree or two off.

I mean....seriously....there is NOTHING about "30 degrees" that say "Hot".     90 is fuyucking hot.   100 means something to humans.   100 in C only means something to freeking  Lobsters. 

Archived