THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Manziel was a selfish schwanse head. These are the people who play too much Madden...

Hey! He won me a Superbowl in my first season...

... then I traded him for a 1st rounder.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey! He won me a Superbowl in my first season...

... then I traded him for a 1st rounder.

LOL.. Well then you got something out of him that benefited you.. Good deal...

6 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Can the midget even stay sober long enough to be a savior? Can't wait till he's grabbing his crotch and directing it at other men (again) on the sidelines like some low rent trailer park loser. 

Here's a novel idea,  how about if you just root for OUR QB to succeed. Accept what you can't change, he's our guy. Change what you can, either support him or find a new team. 

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Here's a novel idea,  how about if you just root for OUR QB to succeed. Accept what you can't change, he's our guy. Change what you can, either support him or find a new team. 

Did the Browns draft Jesus Christ?

What I liked hearing the most was how "football intelligent" Baker Mayfield was during the draft process, and I especially enjoyed reading that snippet about how Mayfield scored the second highest mark in the history of that football IQ exam.  He apparently "wow'd" people on the white board, and he's got a quick release.  This means Baker not only KNOWS football, but he has the ability to throw with tremendous accuracy.  Oh, for the people knocking him because he's short, you should know he had the least amount of passes knocked down out of the "Big 4" QB prospects (think I heard that on Building the Browns, but I can double check that stat too).  

The one team that was willing to give up their 2019 #1 plus 2018 #1 and maybe another player to move up to #4, was only willing to do so if Baker Mayfield was there for the taking. Dorsey could not take it because he knew who he was taking #1.

5 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

The more we read, there were a lot of teams that wanted Baker Mayfield.   Some people act like he should have been a 3rd rounder.

That goes for the entire 2018 quarterback class, good not great we will just have to wait and see who breaks out as a real NFL quarterback. 

The current fleet of aging has created a real supply and demand problem, wait until they start retiring all at once.

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Mayfield doesn’t have a drinking problem, he has a maturity problem.

The aging process usually cures most people of that problem...key word “usually”.

How can anyone accurately take a kid out of college and project him as a savior on a team that hasn't had real success in decades before he takes a single NFL snap.

1. Manning 2. Leaf twenty years ago ring any bells just for one example, it happens.

15 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I don't think they let anybody just go up to the top floors of  the justice center unless on jury duty or you work there.

Or if you are a lawyer...which is why I went up there.

I guess the other option is from the HIlton or the  Marriott.    But the angle just does not seem right....but maybe it is.  I guess the Hilton is like brand new and sits right next to the Justice Center.

Enough of the love him or leave us bullsh!t...

At this point loving Mayfield is NOT a litmus test for loving the Browns...

No more than loving JFF was...

No more than loving Wheezy was...

If folks legitimately think drafting him he was a big mistake, then that's how it will be until there's proof one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think we did that with Kizer.    Sacrifices must be made.

Was he a virgin? :lol: 

Not fun being thrown into a volcano or a starting NFL quarterback on a bad team with only two years NCAA experience. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Enough of the love him or leave us bullsh!t...

At this point loving Mayfield is NOT a litmus test for loving the Browns...

No more than loving JFF was...

No more than loving Wheezy was...

If folks legitimately think drafting him he was a big mistake, then that's how it will be until there's proof one way or the other.

To my mind Tour, a couple of the guys went way beyond that, hence the Darth Sidious meme. Hoping the Browns fail again because they didn't like the pick(s). Plus completely trashing the organization in general before we've even played a game. 

19 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Did the Browns draft Jesus Christ?

You would thank so they way a few dopehead burnouts and trailer trash losers are slobbering all over his johnson and white knighting on his behalf. 

But nah, I will continue keeping my priorities in check and criticizing the Brown's when they do stupid Sheet and unlike the dopehead and the trailer trash, I will always place character and integrity above a sports team or sport.   

6 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

You would thank so they way a few dopehead burnouts and trailer trash losers are slobbering all over his johnson and white knighting on his behalf. 

But nah, I will continue keeping my priorities in check and criticizing the Brown's when they do stupid Sheet and unlike the dopehead and the trailer trash, I will always place character and integrity above a sports team or sport.   

Oddly...that it seems that you place value on traits you yourself seem not to possess. 

14 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

As if you know anything about me, Jethro. 

Well so far I have learned you have added nothing of value or intelligence to the board thus far other than vituperative spewing in nearly every post I've read. How about a little football knowledge for a change? It is a football board after all.

Browns VP of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith said No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield "blew the team away" with his off-field intangibles.

"Here's the honest to God's truth," Highsmith said. "From the start of his college football season to the end of the season, I had [Sam] Darnold No. 1 and Baker No. 2. On our way through everything, you couldn't tell me Darnold wasn't the best. Then comes the part where you meet them off the field. You watch their workouts. You watch everything. And Baker blew me away. Highly, highly intelligent. Highly competitive. When he walked into a room, you knew he was there." Highsmith said Josh Allen was last among the first-round quarterbacks on the Browns' board.

seems they had allen rated lowest was all in on darnold till visits

Archived