THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people that say he's just another "Johnny" are butt hurt still.. Manziel was a selfish schwanse head. These are the people who play too much Madden, and don't really know the game of football.. I'll bet money they never put on a pair of shoulder pads.. Then felt the excruciating soreness in thier armpits the following day.

No two people are alike ever.. Baker Mayfield is married.. So.. I highly doubt He'll be the new poster boy for TMZ..Like Johnny was...

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

No two people are alike ever.. Baker Mayfield is married.. So.. I highly doubt He'll be the new poster boy for TMZ..Like Johnny was...

JM is married now too. Sign him up for camp!.:P

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

The cool thing?

While Baker's name leaked out plenty quick once the expanded circle was shown our Big Board Wed. nite (which really did not matter)...

... Ward's name at #4 did not.

Perhaps it was a test for Hue to tell him Baker's name and see what happened.......and he failed miserably

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

JM is married now too. Sign him up for camp!.:P

Johnny is a cluster Shmuck in his own head ....

4 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Can the midget even stay sober long enough to be a savior? Can't wait till he's grabbing his crotch and directing it at other men (again) on the sidelines like some low rent trailer park loser. 

Why are you on a Browns board belittling our Number one pick?  

I know I know, I should just swallow the Sheet show that was the draft and pull out the yearly "these guys are really doing it" cowpoop and get the excuses all geared up for Budweiser Mayfield, right? I'm not into make believe. The dudes a piece of trash and the #1 pick was yet again wasted by yet another in a long line of ex coffee fetchers shipped off to Cleveland. 

8 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

I know I know, I should just swallow the Sheet show that was the draft and pull out the yearly "these guys are really doing it" cowpoop and get the excuses all geared up for Budweiser Mayfield, right? I'm not into make believe. The dudes a piece of trash and the #1 pick was yet again wasted by yet another in a long line of ex coffee fetchers shipped off to Cleveland. 

Image result for darth sidious let the hate flow

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Someone needs a hug...... 

No they need a care bear to deal with they're snowflake emotions lol :)

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Someone needs a hug...... 

You misspelled Hue. 

5 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

If you don’t love the Browns more than you hate Baker Mayfield then you’re not a true Browns fan

On ESPN CLASSIC now 2016 KST @ OKL with the new BROWNS savior at QB.

2 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

I know it will come to me, but isn't there another poster on here that uses the expression "coffee fetchers" to describe people in the current Browns front office? <_<

12 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

can anyone link anything to me about mayfield's alcohol problems?  i see one incident, but nothing repeated like JFF had...

I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

right, me either.  It's like people saw a 6'0 QB, latched on to the Manziel comparison and never let go.  Mayfield is older, puts in work studying playbooks, demonstrated his knowledge of X's and O's, has brought his team up to higher levels of competition, did not have a single WR he heaved it to and relied on to bail him out time and time again...

i don't think the JFF comparisons are valid.  I read about once incident where he evaded arrest.  One incident does not make a pattern.  As long as he can drag the Browns to some wins, I don't care about one incident in college.

I also do not care about the crotch grab.  Right from the start, the other team refused to shake his hand and was jeering at him all game.  Can't really blame him for that, plus he actually has the gaming ability to back up his Sockiness.  It's not like he's grabbing his crotch after every TD pass every game like JFF with his money sign.

I'm just not seeing Manziel 2.0.  I'm willing to have someone enlighten me if they can provide something concrete, not link me to some article blindly comparing Mayfield to Manziel because someone said it once and now everyone is mindlessly parroting it.  Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.  Like it or not, Mayfield is on the Browns and I think Dorsey made the right choice at #1 based on Mayfield's stats, his ability to fire his team up, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants.  Mayfield is the QB the Browns need, someone who isn't afraid of a challenge.

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mayfield doesn’t have a drinking problem, he has a maturity problem.

The aging process usually cures most people of that problem...key word “usually”.

14 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

right, me either.  It's like people saw a 6'0 QB, latched on to the Manziel comparison and never let go.  Mayfield is older, puts in work studying playbooks, demonstrated his knowledge of X's and O's, has brought his team up to higher levels of competition, did not have a single WR he heaved it to and relied on to bail him out time and time again...

i don't think the JFF comparisons are valid.  I read about once incident where he evaded arrest.  One incident does not make a pattern.  As long as he can drag the Browns to some wins, I don't care about one incident in college.

I also do not care about the crotch grab.  Right from the start, the other team refused to shake his hand and was jeering at him all game.  Can't really blame him for that, plus he actually has the gaming ability to back up his Sockiness.  It's not like he's grabbing his crotch after every TD pass every game like JFF with his money sign.

I'm just not seeing Manziel 2.0.  I'm willing to have someone enlighten me if they can provide something concrete, not link me to some article blindly comparing Mayfield to Manziel because someone said it once and now everyone is mindlessly parroting it.  Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.  Like it or not, Mayfield is on the Browns and I think Dorsey made the right choice at #1 based on Mayfield's stats, his ability to fire his team up, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants.  Mayfield is the QB the Browns need, someone who isn't afraid of a challenge.

Size-wise, they are similar. Mayfield appears a little thicker. 

On the field, I don't see it really. Manziel was a playground improviser, while Mayfield seems to play within the system. He can extend plays, but it's not his thing. I've said it before, Penn State's Trace McSorley reminds me on the field more of Manziel.

Both are Socky on the field, in fact I think Mayfield plays with more of an edge. When Manziel came into the NFL, opposing defensive players went out of their way to go after him, to jaw with him. I expect the same will happen to Mayfield. Manziel's personality, though, was self-destructive off the field, and he had zero work ethic. Mayfield IMO doesn't have either issue. 

Remember when Manziel made his first start, vs Cincinnati? He looked like he had zero idea what was going on, like he was a fan in the stands who got pulled down onto the sidelines and suited up to play QB ten minutes before the coin toss. I don't know how Mayfield's career is going to turn out - and honestly I have my doubts how successful it will be - but I have zero doubt that if he doesn't end up being a good starting QB it won't be because he pissed it away from a lack of trying. I'll definitely give the kid that. 

Archived