THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I’m sorry but you’ve got to hear it.  Against Kansas, Texas Tech, WVU, OK St, TCU, Baylor he basically stood back in the pocket and waited for guys to get open.  He rarely put in into windows or made anticipated throws.  To top it all off the team rushed for 220 a game.  He was playing a video game.  You want to truly evaluate Baker look at the six losses.

Evaluating a QB by his losses? Guess that's why we didn't take Darnold after he put up a stinker against Ohio State. :) Even the HOF guys have bad games.

1 hour ago, cambridgeho said:

Instead of saving the ship and closing hatches and remaining afloat, they left them all open thus filling the whole boat.

Then why'd the ship go down by the bow? ;)

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Evaluating a QB by his losses? Guess that's why we didn't take Darnold after he put up a stinker against Ohio State. :) Even the HOF guys have bad games.

Absolutely but seeing how a player goes when everything is not going his way says a lot.  There are many QBs that look great when everything is going their way.  The QB of the Browns is going to have some rough sledding.

51 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Then why'd the ship go down by the bow? ;)

Shitty cost cutting iron rivets that held the bow plates failed, leading to more then 4 water tight compartments to fill and sink the bow. It was said to be unsinkable because of the supposed water tight compartments, but nothing is perfect.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

Shitty cost cutting iron rivets that held the bow plates failed, leading to more then 4 water tight compartments to fill and sink the bow. It was said to be unsinkable because of the supposed water tight compartments, but nothing is perfect.

So they did close the doors?

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Baker Mayfield better have all the intangibles his fans say he has and more. Intangibles literally oozing out of every orifice. 

Because physically he possesses nothing that warrants a #1 overall pick. Not elite athleticism, not elite size, not an elite arm.

He does have an above average arm, elite accuracy and elite football IQ. I believe his intangibles of leadership and drive are elite as well. Time will tell who's right. 

I like this guy. I hope he is the top QB of this bunch and makes us feel what it's like to have a franchise QB for some years... Having a serviceable QB will be already an upgrade.

If we ever get to succeed, yesterday I was watching Band of Brothers for the 5th time and I think we could use "Baker Company" as a nickname. 

I have wanted Baker Mayfield drafted #1 as our QB all along, but even though I love the kid, I don't want to hear Fans screaming for him after Tyrod makes his first mistake as a Brown. Who knows how soon Baker will be ready to take over, but I hope, as Fans & Coaches, we will be patient & not rush him prematurely for the good of the player & our team.

Exciting times ahead.

Mike

12 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Cool pic of Mayfield looking out at the place where he’s going to spend Sunday afternoons in the fall. . .

43AAE245-736B-4C17-B4D4-78A16765893C.jpeg

Let's hope he doesn't actually spend any time in the building that he is looking for him because if I am not mistaken because I have been there before that is the view from the justice center you know the Cleveland courthouse.

7 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

The Titanic sank because of progressive flooding. Instead of saving the ship and closing hatches and remaining afloat, they left them all open thus filling the whole boat.

So based on this it wasn't the Icebery (Mayfield) or the Titanic (rest of the team) It was incorrect execution. Our new staff will execute properly and that Baker Mayfield is gonna be a star. 

I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to....I guess.  

Good thread D-Bone.

He was not my first or second pick for a QB.  But ya know what...he's OUR QB now.  And I'm going to support him...until such time that he does stuff that turns me away from him.  Hopefully, that day never comes.  Go Baker!

39 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Cool pic of Mayfield looking out at the place where he’s going to spend Sunday afternoons in the fall. . .

43AAE245-736B-4C17-B4D4-78A16765893C.jpeg

Now that he's been drafted by the Browns, better keep him out of that room.

Kid might jump. :lol:

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Let's hope he doesn't actually spend any time in the building that he is looking for him because if I am not mistaken because I have been there before that is the view from the justice center you know the Cleveland courthouse.

That’s not the Justice center. I’m thinking that’s the Hilton.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not the justice center you small town hasbeen.

You think you know where this was I'm telling you I've been in the justice center and that's the view of the stadium from the justice center I had my share of cases in that building at times.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So they did close the doors?

RE: the Titanic- it hardly would have mattered Tour. Closing the doors would have been like putting your finger on the top of a straw- stopping a balloon that was filling up with thousands of gallons of water a minute from other points. Once the first couple bulkheads failed, it was sequential catastrophic failure right down the line... 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

RE: the Titanic- it hardly would have mattered Tour. Closing the doors would have been like putting your finger on the top of a straw- stopping a balloon that was filling up with thousands of gallons of water a minute from other points. Once the first couple bulkheads failed, it was sequential catastrophic failure right down the line... 

The Titanic sunk because of the greedy White Star Line's decisions during that ill-fated journey and compounded by the metallurgy of the day.

It did make a compelling but tragic story.

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Dorsey really did it under wraps right until the end

The cool thing?

While Baker's name leaked out plenty quick once the expanded circle was shown our Big Board Wed. nite (which really did not matter)...

... Ward's name at #4 did not.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now that he's been drafted by the Browns, better keep him out of that room.

Kid might jump. :lol:

OH NO WHERE'S BAKER? Oh nevermind he's just throwing up in the john. :lol:

Cool picture! 

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So James Cameron lied to me...

Yeah he does that a lot......and don't lend him any money.:ph34r:

Archived