THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick Six

The Gipper

5 hours ago, syd said:

Mayfield is a douche it was just reported on NFLN that after his visit to Da Chargers that he did not have time to bother to look at their playbook(why would he say that ?) guess he really believes he is going top 5 for me it's just another reason to dislike him

Hmmmm....Eli Manning didn't want to go to the Chargers either....  

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

TexasAg picks:

Josh Allen: Broncos (better not be the f'n Browns)

Sam Darnold: Browns and then they take Chubb because Barky goes to Eli's swan song.

Lamar Jackson: Buffalo-but if they are smart they will find a way to trade further up-hopefully NOT the f'n Browns

Baker Mayfield: Miami

Josh Rosen: Jets

Mason Rudolph: Pats

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just FYI from BETONLINE. AG which I never have used, so who might slide to R2,  Anyone? 

Total QB's Drafted in the 1st Round

75113 - Over 5½ QB (+150)
75114 - Under 5½ QB (-200) <---- the slight favorite 

Must be Rudolph?

Assume they're expecting Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield and Jackson as round one

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

So who is the 7th best QB in the draft? He'll go to the Patriots and win four Super Bowls.

Zombo

I have them getting Rudolph.   But no....because do you really think Brady's successor will be as good as Brady?  And whomever that QB is will have Josh McDaniels as their HC, not BB.

Josh Allen: 4 CLE, but the BROWNS brain trust might not be done with the hocus-pocus stuff

Sam Darnold:  2 NYG

Lamar Jackson:  23 NE

Baker Mayfield:  12  DEN

Josh Rosen: 5  BUF

Mason Rudolph:  29 JAX

A prize goes to the person who comes closest with their predictions.....yes you get to coach the BROWNS in Game 1 until Hue gets back from vacation  :lol:

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A prize goes to the person who comes closest with their predictions.....yes you get to coach the BROWNS in Game 1 until Hue gets back from vacation  :lol:

Did he ever get back from vacation? It didn't look like that the entire last season! :o

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Did he ever get back from vacation? It didn't look like that the entire last season! :o

That might be the general idea, if I were Hue I wouldn't be buying a new house in Cleveland just yet.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, The Gipper said:

You should be so lucky.   I offered to buy you and Dutch lunch at Al's if you guys would just come over here.  I will buy the winner of this little effort lunch at Al's as well.

And if anyone did not follow....Al's Corner Diner here in Barberton Ohio is like the very best certain ethic restaurant in NE Ohio. You just gotta get here.

https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1

Send me a order of the pirogi!!!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, alporcini said:

Send me a order of the pirogi!!!!!!!!

You have a couple of places there in your area Al,  that you can try:

This one in Santa Monica:

http://solidarityla.com/

This one in Marina Del Rey:

http://www.domakitchen.com/site/

This one in LA...but almost in Santa Monica....W. Pico Blvd:

http://www.maincoursela.com/

So....go hence and masticate at these...and give us a report back.

OK, Guys, here is where we stand at this point on the Pick 6 contest:

After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

Myself, LondonBrown, Nero, TheNew23, Zombo, TexasAg, and mjp.....we all struck out.  Not one right.

Darren, Gumby, and SissyBoyfloyd  each got one right.

At this point it seems that  it now comes down perhaps to which one:  Canton Mike, Tour or LS......get the pick of Mason Rudolph correct.

Canton Mike had him going to the Cards....so that is looking bad for him since they took Rosen in round 1

Tour said the Pats,  and LS  said the Saints.    I think both of these are clearly, clearly in play and possible. So....one of them could be the winner likely.

The other possibility is if these 3 guys all miss....and either Darren, Gumby or SBF  hits it on Rudolph.

Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   Both Darren and SBF have him going to the Steelers.  A long shot at this point. 

Well we did quite well with that. :huh:

Actually as one idiot on this board repeatedly said this was a subpar quarterback class......and then beat several dead houses to dust (oh that was me).  :lol:

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   

You,Me & Mason know Rudolph is the better starter than Allen in Buffalo :ph34r:..thanks & good stuff Gip.

FROM ODDS SHARK.....

NO. 1 OVERALL:  

Sam Darnold (USC) -250 
Josh Allen (Wyoming) +120 
Saquon Barkley (Penn State) +380 
Josh Rosen (UCLA) +1100 
Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma) +1300 <----- WOW what a big payoff for a little wager thanks to those wacky BROWNS 
Bradley Chubb (NC State) +2000 

NO. 2 OVERALL: 

Saquon Barkley +175 <----- no surprise there but I thought Chubb or a quarterback  had a shot
Bradley Chubb +300 
Sam Darnold +275 
Josh Allen +350 
Josh Rosen +400 
Baker Mayfield +1500 
Lamar Jackson +4000 

NO. 3 OVERALL PICK: 

Josh Rosen +140 
Baker Mayfield +150 <----- I thought BM might go here or better yet fall to #4 for the impatient BROWNS, oh well....
Sam Darnold +400 
Josh Allen +500 
Saquon Barkley +650 
Bradley Chubb +1100 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

You,Me & Mason know Rudolph is the better starter than Allen in Buffalo :ph34r:..thanks & good stuff Gip.

That may be....but they won't take him.  So it really is not over.    Tour and Louisville Slugger. 

Now, what happens if there is a tie?  I have to figure that out. 

Any suggestions for a tie breaker....or do I owe all three lunch at Al's? ...or somewhere else?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:39 PM, Tour2ma said:
  • Mayfield to us at #1
  • Darnold to NYG at #2
  • Allen to Jets at #3 ----> Darnold
  • Rosen to Bills at #4 via trade up ----> Allen
  • Jackson to AZ Cards at #15... or lower via trade down. ---> Rosen
  • Jackson to Ravens
  • Rudolph to Pats at #43.

Appreciate the gift, Gip, but I only picked one...

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Now, what happens if there is a tie?  I have to figure that out. 

Any suggestions for a tie breaker....or do I owe all three lunch at Al's? ...or somewhere else?

this king is going to change 2 mower blades & 2 belts on the troy-bilt..your throne decision awaits..

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Appreciate the gift, Gip, but I only picked one...

• Mayfield to us at #1
  • Darnold to NYG at #2
  • Allen to Jets at #3
  • Rosen to Bills at #4 via trade up
  • Jackson to AZ Cards at #15... or lower via trade down.
  • Rudolph to Pats at #43.

Oh....OK...I must have misread.  Maybe I though NYG was NYJ.

So...its down to Canton Mike and Louisville Slugger.    With Slugger having the best chance for an outright win.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Oh....OK...I must have misread.  Maybe I though NYG was NYJ.

So...its down to Canton Mike and Louisville Slugger.    With Slugger having the best chance for an outright win.

Pretty sure I can climb into a tie, tho...

Forgot to handle this yesterday.

What we have in the Pick 6 contest is a 4 way tie:

Canton Mike

Louisville Slugger

Darren

Sissy Boy Floyd

each got 2 picks right.

Darren and SissyBoy pulled out the tie when the Steelers took Rudolph.   Before that it was just a two way tie between Canton Mike and LS. 

So....here was my deal if you recall:

I will buy the winner of this little effort lunch at Al's as well.

And if anyone did not follow....Al's Corner Diner here in Barberton Ohio is like the very best certain ethic restaurant in NE Ohio. You just gotta get here.

https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1

I don't know where you are all from....I guess I could look it up.  But my offer stands....If you want to claim your prize by coming to Barberton and having lunch on me at Al's, we can do that.

If that is not possible....I am still willing to buy you the equivalent of lunch at Al's.  Remember, if you went on the website....lunch there is only $7.50.   You need to PM me with your preference...and instructions on how to get things to you.   (note: McDonald's gift certs. could do the job.....but I won't hold you all to that.)

Archived