THE BROWNS BOARD

New voting age

like illegal immigrants- 16 yr olds - many of them - don't have the life experiences to know any better than to let themselves

be emotionally manipulated by blatant falsehoods. Except most of the kids speak English.

It should be limited to 17 year old persons.......................................as long as their parents signed for them to join any military branch of their choice. If you are in the military you have earned the right to vote.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

16 is too young to vote

Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

Stuart

A competency test should be given to all democrats regardless of age.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

16 is too young to vote

Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

I actually agree with they wood-man here. 

Of course we shouldn't pretend we are unaware of what would happen if a republican Administration would try to impose any of kind of literacy or competency restrictions.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I actually agree with they wood-man here. 

Of course we shouldn't pretend we are unaware of what would happen if a republican Administration would try to impose any of kind of literacy or competency restrictions.

WSS

Anyone over 70 should not be able to vote or hold office. I will be happy to sacrifice mine if it gets trumpy out!:lol:

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Anyone over 70 should not be able to vote or hold office. I will be happy to sacrifice mine if it gets trumpy out!:lol:

Same as driving I guess. After a certain age the requirements get harder to attain.

I would also consider an employment requirement. Consider.

Of course that would probably put him back in.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Same as driving I guess. After a certain age the requirements get harder to attain.

I would also consider an employment requirement. Consider.

Of course that would probably put him back in.

WSS

Got a funny story on that. My paternal grandmother lived to 98. She and her sister were driving from the country where they lived on the way to church one morning and my grandmother just could not get around some pokey old lady with my grandmother's F-85 V-8 Olds. When she finally did she made the comment that they should not let little old ladies like that drive. Her sister asked how old she thought the woman was and she answered, "At least 70 or so!" Her sister then reminded her that they themselves were then in their mid 80's. My grandmother got a kick out of that even when driving to town in her 90's. You are only as old as you feel she always told me.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm not voting in anymore elections.  I removed myself from the voters registration.  Sick of getting jury duty.

You don't know what you're missing. I got to put some guy away who raped a woman he had abducted to a junk yard out in the country from Austin who managed to get away before he could shoot her. Gave him minimum of 40 to maximum of life. And if he gets out he gets deported to Mexico. The woman he raped and planned to kill was Mexican-American. I helped the jury understand he had told about 13 different lies on the stand. A preacher on the jury wanted to give him life without parole, but we could not hand that one down since she lived without actually being shot. We found him guilty of aggravated sexual assault (rape while threatening her life with a pistol). It was a pleasure. We made sure she was likely to be dead by the time he was eligible for parole since she was in her mid-40s. Ironically some of her friends told us afterwards they were not sure we the jury would give her justice since she was Mexican 2nd gen and he was over the border illegally. They were pleasantly surprised we could do what we did to ensure her future safety from that butt-hole.

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

16 is too young to vote

Neither side would want that. Dems would cry that black people didn't get a good enough education to read the test, can't drive to the test, don't own a pencil, any other list of insulting sh-it they could say about minorities while trying to be condescending. Republicans would list out a line of complaints but it would be pertaining to "older citizens". 

None of them want to have informed voters making decisions.

12 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Democrats

I am not registered with my peeps, nor have I voted for them. 

Can my peeps be a smaller group? Like college educated, northern US millennials? Maybe even. STEM educated. Or from middle to upper middle class families. Or something

Also, I think the hurt would be felt across the board

Sure it would. If there's one thing you can count on it's that most people are really stupid. I just think it would end up hurting the Democrats much more. 

Also, whether you're willing to admit it or not your views, at least the ones you espouse on here, are democrat all day. That's fine. Unlike some of these guys I am not a democrat hater by default. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I am not registered with my peeps, nor have I voted for them. 

Can my peeps be a smaller group? Like college educated, northern US millennials? Maybe even. STEM educated. Or from middle to upper middle class families. Or something

Also, I think the hurt would be felt across the board

Well you stated often enough that you supported Bernie Sanders. And you seem to be pretty hard left on what you see are civil rights problems and gay discrimination. You stated a few times that you are for free college and forgiveness of student loans. Universal Health Care? I forget exactly, but where do you stand there? I would guess you're on the left of the immigration problem? Feel free to tell me I'm wrong unless the best you can do is say "I never said that." 

It seems to me you're politics mostly stem from animosity toward some of the members here, including myself.

But I would guess poor people are poor for a reason and at least one of those reasons is it they aren't very smart. One would think poor people would vote for the party that promises them more free stuff. And that stupid people would be among the ones to not make the cut if there were  a test for voting . Also lawbreakers would tend not to vote for the strict Law & Order candidate, usually the Republican. I would also guess that you are in the minority amongst your peers in the engineering world like I am amongst most theater kids. 

WSS

Archived