THE BROWNS BOARD

Supreme Court Strikes Down Part Of Immigration Law

jbluhm86

Not necessarily. The logic behind the ruling seems pretty sound, once you break it down:

"While Dimaya's appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit was pending, the U.S. Supreme Court decided Johnson v. United States, which held  that the definition of a 'violent felony' in the Armed Career Criminal Act (ACCA) was unconstitutionally vague. As a result, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit held that the INA's crime of violence provision was unconstitutionally vague because it was largely similar to the violent felony provision in the ACCA that the Supreme Court struck down in Johnson. The appellate court found that both provisions denied fair notice to defendants and failed to make clear when a risk of violence could be considered substantial."

So it's not a ruling against immigration policy, in general; rather, it's just the the definition of a "violent felony" was too vague, as written. That seems to be a pretty easy fix in Congress, if they're inclined to do so.

I don't blame Gorsuch at all - they just had to stipulate which felonies, all felonies maybe...

easily? fixed. Not an unsound decision. You'd think with all the lawyers up there, they would have known better.

Me, I think just that they should make entering our country illegally a felony  justifying being booted back out.

again, obaMao, the libs insist the illegals be able to come here by the millions to "have a better life".

yet,

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/11/26/supreme-court-orders-obama-admin-to-respond-to-german-homeschooling-familys-deportation-appeal

The glaring hypocrisy shows ulterior motives for wanting millions of poor, uneducated, etc illegals flooding across our border.

Archived