THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Rumors and Specualtion

LionOfBuddha

Gumby's Geeky Math, with no trade value book or flow charts..There are 2 true seniors at the top of this draft..Mayfield 48 Games..Bradley Chubb 40 Games..Mayfield has played with 3 different coaching staffs in 4 years(sound like Cleveland?) Maintaining major Stats, with avegege rosters, but the biggest factor of Winning Games..Barkley is a proven great athlete with 38 games. Chubb or Barkley fit Dorsey's BPA at #4..If we value need  instead? great Ward or Mikhah are both a small reach at #4. If we decide to trade back? All could be off the board. Josh Allen 27 games,1 coach.J.Rosen 30 games with one Jim Mora till fired.S.Darnold 27 games,1 coach,2 full seasons.(he's 20 drinking cal's root beers, of all places in C-land).Tyrod & the quiet chatter leads me to...= #1 Mayfield.. the draft board position stock leads me to #4 Chubb/Ward/Fitz.  but the sun will rise with 8 Dayes to go.. I'd be shocked if Gettleman or Dorsey trade out till Draft Day..just as.. Da Bears 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zombo said:

"Where is the evidence..." Stop right there. And think.

If trade goes through we will change the title again and make you "poster of the month".

Zombo

Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah.. guys that have insider information before things happen and a right more times than not

2 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah.. guys that have insider information before things happen and a right more times than not

Don't worry, the next time someone posts a trade rumor thread they will get merged together and it won't say "wacky" anymore.

Z

3 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

If you saw the link to Hue's comments on NFL.com- even Hue isn't sure what Dorsey is currently thinking, so how in the hell would Danny and Bucky know? They're guessing based on Dorsey's track history- especially Bucky. Watching today's Mock Draft Live- there was zero talk about the Browns trading out of #1, this three way trade was probably some bright idea of a Bill's fan dreaming up something on how they can get to #1 overall. Short of the Bills pulling a Ditka\Ricky Williams deal offering the Browns their entire draft and a first and third round in 2019, (Casserly revisited it on NFLN as Tuesday was the anniversary of that trade) I don't think Dorsey will be listening.....  

Not only would the talking heads have to have some inside sources on the Browns, add the Giants and Bills to the list. As of this week the guys who will be making the picks or trades are on total radio silence, and it's all speculation. Some guy who's a ref who knows someone? :lol:

Cowherd thinks Pats could offer us both their 1's and both 2's this year and 1 next year for our number 1 and might even throw in Gronk .....deluded

Been playing around with scenarios for the "3 team trade" and I actually wonder if it's in place as 2 separate trades on draft day, with an understanding that the Bills get their guy at #2.

*Trade 1: Buffalo sends 1.12, 1.22, 3.1 and a 2019 1st to Giants for #2
*Trade 2: Giants send 1.12, 1.22 to Cleveland for #4

Giants get: #4, #65 and a 2019 1st
Cleveland gets: #12 and #22
Buffalo gets #2

In theory, Buffalo gets their guy with assurances that it's not who the Browns take at #1 (Cleveland says hey we are taking X, and Buffalo says great, we want Y, we make this deal contingent on you taking X on draft day). The Giants get to stick in the Top 4 and get the Top non-QB (presumably Barkley or Chubb, but I'm leaning Barkley) ... the Browns get their QB and also get picks at 12 and 22 which puts them in a good position to hit BPA at positions of need (I'm thinking a combination of OT/CB/FS/DL.

I just put together a mock draft with Browns going Darnold, then taking McGlinchey at 12 and Hurst at 22 ... and would leave their Day 2 picks for depth at LB, CB and even add Michel or Chubb if they want to still add to the RBs.

17 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I don’t see the Browns drafting Ward, he doesn’t have the takeaway ability  that Greg Williams craves or at least hasn’t shown it yet. 

Josh Jackson on the other hand sure does. 

Well.....not that I have done a lot of research on it,  but Ward is supposed to be the best cover corner in this draft.   Maybe he has not had many int's....but the first order of business for a cornerback is to stop the receiver from catching the ball....which, again, he is supposed to be best at.  Getting int's is great...but just a bonus.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Cowherd thinks Pats could offer us both their 1's and both 2's this year and 1 next year for our number 1 and might even throw in Gronk .....deluded

Must be running out of material to suggest something like that.

1) IF the Bills wanted Darnold equally bad, they can throw a far superior draft package than the Patriots at the Browns- we've already discussed it. 

2) Cleveland already has three second round picks, five is a crazy number. (Sashi might have been interested)

3) Bill won't do anything THAT crazy. He can sit where he is and take either Rudolph or Jackson at #23 and give up nothing. Or even Mike White or Lauletta even later.  He took Garroppolo in the second round...  

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

Been playing around with scenarios for the "3 team trade" and I actually wonder if it's in place as 2 separate trades on draft day, with an understanding that the Bills get their guy at #2.

*Trade 1: Buffalo sends 1.12, 1.22, 3.1 and a 2019 1st to Giants for #2
*Trade 2: Giants send 1.12, 1.22 to Cleveland for #4

Giants get: #4, #65 and a 2019 1st
Cleveland gets: #12 and #22
Buffalo gets #2

In theory, Buffalo gets their guy with assurances that it's not who the Browns take at #1 (Cleveland says hey we are taking X, and Buffalo says great, we want Y, we make this deal contingent on you taking X on draft day). The Giants get to stick in the Top 4 and get the Top non-QB (presumably Barkley or Chubb, but I'm leaning Barkley) ... the Browns get their QB and also get picks at 12 and 22 which puts them in a good position to hit BPA at positions of need (I'm thinking a combination of OT/CB/FS/DL.

I just put together a mock draft with Browns going Darnold, then taking McGlinchey at 12 and Hurst at 22 ... and would leave their Day 2 picks for depth at LB, CB and even add Michel or Chubb if they want to still add to the RBs.

Yeah- BUT. 

1) I doubt we'd give up #4 for just #12 and #22. We don't just want to break even, we have to win the trade BIG for it to be worth our while. (QB premium) If both Barkley and Chubb are there at #4, it's going to take a lot to get the Browns to move that pick. 

2) The Bills can (probably would, maybe already have- contingent on the qb they want is there at #2) deal directly with the Giants and offer #12, #22, one of their seconds, and their first round pick next year. Way more plausible... 

3) Our OL expert (Tour) says this isn't the year to take an OT in the first round.  

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- BUT. 

2) The Bills can (probably would, maybe already have- contingent on the qb they want is there at #2) deal directly with the Giants and offer #12, #22, one of their seconds, and their first round pick next year. Way more plausible...   

No, you're right, but if the Giants want Barkley but also want some capital for it, they could make this happen if Cleveland is willing. Think about this, and I know it's a lot of assumptions ...

1.1: Browns - Sam Darnold, QB USC
1.2: Bills - Josh Allen, QB Wyoming
1.3: Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma
1.4: Giants - Saquan Barkley, RB Penn State
1.5: Browns - Bradley Chubb, DE NC State

That's something that COULD happen, IF the Browns decided to play the part in this 3 way trade with the Bills and Giants.

Buffalo sends #12, #22, #53 and a 2019 #1 to Giants for #2
Giants send #12, #22 and #53 to Cleveland for #4
Cleveland sends #12 and #53 to Denver for #5

Giants get their "guy" in Saquan at #4 and add a 2019 1st
Browns get their "guy" in Chubb and get #22 out of it. Or shoot, if Denver holds them hostage for #5, you give up #12 and #22 to go to #5 and still add #53

I guess that's a lot of chaos and things to fall into place. Maybe the Browns do it and are happy turning #4 into #12, #22 and #53. Or maybe they do it after having a talk with Denver and saying "if this trade goes down, we'll do this trade with you"

If there were a draft for all this to go down, this might be the one.

Considering this year fully introduced the new "trade mid-round picks for pro-bowl veterans" strategy ... maybe this is the first draft of the "multiple team trade" where everyone gets what they want at the expense of a desperate team. In this case, Buffalo is the desperate team, giving up #12 ... #22 ... #53 and a 2019 1st.
Browns get their guy Chubb at #5 and add #53 for dropping 1 spot
Giants get their guy Barkley at #4 and add a 2019 1st for dropping 2 spots
Broncos get #12 and #22 where they can replenish depth for #5

15 hours ago, Orion said:

It totally befuddled me why we took a guy who liked to play up closer to the LOS, and played him in punt formation all the time.  Of course Dorsey has attacked the secondary vigorously so far.

Williams has said all along that Peppers at FS lined up 20-yd deep was his best use of available personnel.

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'd be shocked if Gettleman or Dorsey trade out till Draft Day..just as.. Da Bears 

Bingo... I agree with the part I could decode.

14 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

You forgot Adam Schefter...

As for their accuracy... It may approach more right than wrong (although I doubt it) only if you include all the times they get "a call" an hour or less before the official announcement of a deal. That period when the paperwork leaves the tight circle of those in the know at a franchise or two and arrives at the league office... where "league sources" get their eyes on it.

45 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

No, you're right, but if the Giants want Barkley but also want some capital for it, they could make this happen if Cleveland is willing. Think about this, and I know it's a lot of assumptions ...

That's something that COULD happen, IF the Browns decided to play the part in this 3 way trade with the Bills and Giants.

Browns get their "guy" in Chubb and get #22 out of it. Or shoot, if Denver holds them hostage for #5, you give up #12 and #22 to go to #5 and still add #53

I guess that's a lot of chaos and things to fall into place. Maybe the Browns do it and are happy turning #4 into #12, #22 and #53. Or maybe they do it after having a talk with Denver and saying "if this trade goes down, we'll do this trade with you"

If there were a draft for all this to go down, this might be the one.

Considering this year fully introduced the new "trade mid-round picks for pro-bowl veterans" strategy ... maybe this is the first draft of the "multiple team trade" where everyone gets what they want at the expense of a desperate team. In this case, Buffalo is the desperate team, giving up #12 ... #22 ... #53 and a 2019 1st.
Browns get their guy Chubb at #5 and add #53 for dropping 1 spot
Giants get their guy Barkley at #4 and add a 2019 1st for dropping 2 spots
Broncos get #12 and #22 where they can replenish depth for #5

Well....that is still a lot of fairy dust being sprinkled about.

b48bf543cbf875af75a7ac95ea706829.gif

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

To me this is the most logical multi-team trade possibility involving the Browns.  However, the Browns can make out similarly by coordinating the trades themselves as follows:

1.2: Giants - Saquan Barkley, RB Penn State
1.4: Bills - Josh Allen, QB Wyoming 
1.5: Broncos - Josh Rosen, QB UCLA

1.6: Browns - Bradley Chubb, DE NC State

Trade #1: Browns send 1.4 to the Bills for #s 12, 22, 53 and #1 2019

Trade #2: Browns send #s 12, 22 and 64 to the Colts for #6

The Colts are looking for more picks in this draft and the Browns deliver 3 of them.

The Browns move up from 64 to 53, add a 1st next year, and get their guy at 6.

The Bills get their QB.

17 minutes ago, Suomi said:

To me this is the most logical multi-team trade possibility involving the Browns.  However, the Browns can make out similarly by coordinating the trades themselves as follows:

1.2: Giants - Saquan Barkley, RB Penn State
1.4: Bills - Josh Allen, QB Wyoming 
1.5: Broncos - Josh Rosen, QB UCLA

1.6: Browns - Bradley Chubb, DE NC State

Trade #1: Browns send 1.4 to the Bills for #s 12, 22, 53 and #1 2019

Trade #2: Browns send #s 12, 22 and 64 to the Colts for #6

The Colts are looking for more picks in this draft and the Browns deliver 3 of them.

The Browns move up from 64 to 53, add a 1st next year, and get their guy at 6.

The Bills get their QB.

You need to enter your QB choices here in the Pick Six Contest

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yet you won't have a clue for another 3-5 years.......at how Dorsey effs it up.

So....why don't you shat da fack ap until then?

Dorsey will not be with the Browns in 3 - 5. years. Dorsey is merely a kotex to absorb Hue's messes, get blamed and then fired.  COFFEE anyone? Hey Dorkey.....I take Bailey's in mine.

42 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey will not be with the Browns in 3 - 5. years. Dorsey is merely a kotex to absorb Hue's messes, get blamed and then fired.  COFFEE anyone? Hey Dorkey.....I take Bailey's in mine.

It don't matter...that is still how long it will take to evaluate a draft.   Take the Browns drafts from 3-5 years ago....

Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2015 1 Danny Shelton 12 NT 2017 0 0 3 16 46                         1.5 Washington
2015 1 Cameron Erving 19 C 2017 0 0 1 10 42                 0 0 0     Florida St.
2015 2 Nate Orchard 51 DE 2017 0 0 1 9 34                       1 5.0 Utah
2015 3 Duke Johnson 77 RB 2017 0 0 0 15 48 0 1 0 0 0 259 1085 5 188 1741 5     Miami (FL)
2015 3 Xavier Cooper 96 DT 2017 0 0 0 4 40                         3.0 Washington St.
2015 4 Ibraheim Campbell 115 SS 2017 0 0 0 5 38                           Northwestern
2015 4 Vince Mayle 123 WR 2017 0 0 0 0 23           2 2 1 0 0 0     Washington St.
2015 6 Charles Gaines 189 CB 2015 0 0 0 1 6                           Louisville
2015 6 Malcolm Johnson 195 TE 2016 0 0 0 0 19           1 2 0 9 59 0     Mississippi St.
2015 6 Randall Telfer 198 TE 2017 0 0 1 0 30                 5 40 0     USC
2015 7 Hayes Pullard 219 ILB 2017 0 0 0 8 37                       1   USC
2015 7 Ifo Ekpre-Olomu 241 CB   0 0 0                               Oregon
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2014 1 Justin Gilbert 8 DB 2016 0 0 0 4 35                       1   Oklahoma St.
2014 1 Johnny Manziel 22 QB 2015 0 0 0 5 15 147 258 1675 7 7 46 259 1           Texas A&M
2014 2 Joel Bitonio 35 G 2017 0 0 3 17 47                           Nevada
2014 3 Christian Kirksey 71 LB 2017 0 0 3 21 64                         11.5 Iowa
2014 3 Terrance West 94 RB 2017 0 0 1 12 43           465 1816 11 51 344 2     Towson
2014 4 Pierre Desir 127 DB 2017 0 0 0 5 33                       1   Lindenwood
2013 1 Barkevious Mingo 6 LB 2017 0 0 1 16 78                       1 9.0 LSU
2013 3 Leon McFadden 68 DB 2016 0 0 0 2 34                           San Diego St.
2013 6 Jamoris Slaughter 175 DB   0 0 0                               Notre Dame
2013 7 Armonty Bryant 217 DE 2016 0 0 0 4 36                         11.5 East Central (OK)

Evaluate these....even though we know that the guys conducting these drafts are no longer here. 

Four guys still around from all these:   Kirksey/Bitonio/Orchard/Duke    (Is Telfer still here...I thought he was out).

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It don't matter...that is still how long it will take to evaluate a draft.   Take the Browns drafts from 3-5 years ago....

.....Four guys still around from all these:   Kirksey/Bitonio/Orchard/Duke    (Is Telfer still here...I thought he was out).Evaluate these....even though we know that the guys conducting these drafts are no longer here. 

Five R1 and two R2 picks and OMG. Any superstar players there? 2018 will have to be a better year.

Archived