THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Rumors and Specualtion

LionOfBuddha

This guy first posted it 3 days ago, he’s not a media guy, but apparently his manager is a part time division 1 ref. 

Coming from a regular guy, it seems like a whole lotta nothing. But now guys like Bucky Brooks are saying this trade might be looming. Apparently, it depends on if Darnold’s visit with the Bills goes well. If it does, the Bills will pull the trigger and move up to 1 to get Darnold.

We will move to number 2, and also get 12 from Buffalo and their #1 next year. Giants will get 4 and 22.

Here is the original guy who posted the rumor 3 days ago:

Click on the tweet and scroll down to get the whole story.

Also, here’s Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah hinting at it as well

Now, if the rumor Tour posted was true, that coaching staff wants Darnold, and FO wants Mayfield it looks like Baker will be our guy at #2 after the Bills take Darnold at 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did someone say Baker Mayfield ? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Hue wants Black Tarkenton.

Can you imagine how many coffees Dorsey has to fetch.

7 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Do you think if you keep repeating the same thing enough, people will care about what you say?

26 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Lol dude, they’re not taking Lamar Jackson. Obviously their #1 guy isn’t Darnold so they’re comfortable moving to 2. They’re picking a QB at 2, and it’s not going to be Lamar. It’s probanly going to be Baker Mayfield.

And check Dorsey’s history, he doesn’t fetch coffee for anyone. He literally wasn’t liked at Kansas City because he didn’t  tell anyone who he was going to pick. He does what he wants, he gives no Shmucks

2 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

This makes zero sense from the browns perspective. Why would they make this trade? There is almost no value to it.

If Darnold isn’t their #1 guy, they move to 2 and still get their QB. They get the Bills #1 pick next year, and probably some additional picks. 

16 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If the Browns truly don't want Darnold and they were actually offered this, they'd be complete idiots to pass it up. 

Are you sure about that D Bone?

The Browns would go from #1 and #4 this draft to #2 and #12... and get Buffalo's 1st rounder next season. Let's say they have a normal Bills 7-9 season... which puts the pick around #12-15 or so.... So #1 and #4 or #2, #12 and #12-15. 

I think I'll go with the quality over the quantity, especially considering the Browns already have three 2nd rounders. 

The browns lose too much value in this trade for it to be worth it. If they want to play the board fine, but they can easily get more than that for the number one pick. Plus, they already turned down the jets offer. If they want to trade #1, ok. But they better be getting more than the #2 and #12 picks and a 1 next year. It better be #2, both 2nd rounders from Buffalo and next year's number 1

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you sure about that D Bone?

The Browns would go from #1 and #4 this draft to #2 and #12... and get Buffalo's 1st rounder next season. Let's say they have a normal Bills 7-9 season... which puts the pick around #12-15 or so.... So #1 and #4 or #2, #12 and #12-15. 

I think I'll go with the quality over the quantity, especially considering the Browns already have three 2nd rounders. 

I quickly read the trade at us falling back to 2, while still having 4 plus gaining 12 and the 1 next year...... Guess I failed reading comprehension. :wub:

1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

This makes zero sense from the browns perspective. Why would they make this trade? There is almost no value to it.

Agree I don't see where this works out in the Browns favor will you get the number to you go down to 12 and 22 and the Shmuck was the number one next year Jesus Christ almightyAgree I don't see where this works out in the Browns favor will you get the number to you go down to 12 and 22 and the Shmuck was the number one next year Jesus Christ almighty

Let's clarify those Browns go from number one to number two then they go from  number four to number 12. And then all they get for making those moves is the number one next year ? What horse shite is that? They should get number two number 12 and number 22 for all that. Not something next year

The Giants would be the real winners here.  Move 2 spots and get #22 for it.  The Browns would move back 9 total spots for a 1st next year.  Thats not even close to fair.  It would make the #2 pick worth more than the #1.  And the world would laugh once again.

1 hour ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Lol dude, they’re not taking Lamar Jackson. Obviously their #1 guy isn’t Darnold so they’re comfortable moving to 2. They’re picking a QB at 2, and it’s not going to be Lamar. It’s probanly going to be Baker Mayfield.

And check Dorsey’s history, he doesn’t fetch coffee for anyone. He literally wasn’t liked at Kansas City because he didn’t  tell anyone who he was going to pick. He does what he wants, he gives no Shmucks

He is a coffee fetcher. He had to accept a 1 - 31 head coach and was told by the owner that he is not the HCs boss. 

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Agree I don't see where this works out in the Browns favor will you get the number to you go down to 12 and 22 and the Shmuck was the number one next year Jesus Christ almightyAgree I don't see where this works out in the Browns favor will you get the number to you go down to 12 and 22 and the Shmuck was the number one next year Jesus Christ almighty

Ah................. they drafted Winslow, Manzeil, Quinn, Coleman, Willie Green, Two_Tackle-Texac and Crisco Hands Coleman......................WTF made sense in any of that?

Multiple Folks saying #Bills #Giants #Browns working on 3 Team Trade... Browns would slide to 2nd, Bills would land 1st Overall & Giants would slide to 4th or 12th. Heard it from few people.... Browns would be monetizing taking Josh Allen... Remember, it's silly season...

It will only happen if the Browns get screwed, its the way of the world .... I think its cowpoop by the way, 

A year ago, I would have believed something like this with Sashi in charge.  We need a QB (who can sit for a season) and then top of the draft actual talent on the field this season at 4 not a mid first rounder and another pick next year. We need playmakers not picks. If we stay put at 1 and 4, we get our choice of any QB and either Chubb, Barkley or whoever the BPA is on Dorsey's board.  

3 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Exactly. The Browns would get screwed in this situation. Considering the Jets gave up 3 second round picks just to move from #6 to #3. Ahem- draft value chart says the Bills owe  us at least 1,000 points before we even start thinking about it. For us dropping to #2 and #12- in my book, even the both the Bills second round #53 and #56 + their first round next year isn't enough. 

PS- from the Bills perspective assuming they think Darnold is Da Bomb- it's a great deal, and not out of line. Three firsts and two seconds to move up to #1. 

Even if we have Darnold and Mayfield rated the same, losing out on the #4 still isn't worth it. Doubtful the Giants would think moving from #2 to #4 and getting the #22 would be worth their while either. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

He is a coffee fetcher. He had to accept a 1 - 31 head coach and was told by the owner that he is not the HCs boss. 

Nah- Dorsey along with Wolf are just in charge of the draft, they don't give a schmuck what Jackson thinks. Hue is out with Haslam interviewing the Homeless Guy for input. 

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ah................. they drafted Winslow, Manzeil, Quinn, Coleman, Willie Green, Two_Tackle-Texas and Crisco Hands Coleman......................WTF made sense in any of that?

And all the guys primarily responsible for drafting those players are no longer employed by the Browns. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. 

EDIT: direct quote from Hue, Building the Browns Episode 1- just watched it today. "We have a (draft) process led by you (Dorsey)". Sorry Tom, when it comes to the draft, Dorsey is calling the shots, not Hue.  

2 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

We don't know that- and it will take a hell of a lot more than what's rumored the Bills are currently offering to get it done. 

As Hoorta said, looking at the charts we lose a lot of draft value on this trade. 

The only way I see it happening is if we got any interesting Bills' players. And I can only think of Tre'Davious, and he's too young and too promising to be involved in a trade, I think.

8 hours ago, darren15 said:

Remember, it's silly season...

No, actually it isn't.  The 'Silly Season' is a term from Formula 1 racing.  It starts in the latter part of the F1 schedule when drivers are being rumoured for various different rides (teams) for the following F1 season.  We're nowhere near the Silly Season.

BillsMafia:P..can we not post stuff like this right before bedtime? Mafia owes me a nights sleep..Thanks for putting this to rest..am going back to work to sleep <_<

Archived