THE BROWNS BOARD

The run game and blocking

LondonBrown

Landry is a good blocker, we signed TE Darren Fells and today FB Vitale and WR Matt Hazel, supposedly a powerful blocker, signed exclusive free agent deals. 

To my untrained eye these moves and deals suggest they’re going to try and establish the run much harder this year. 

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Landry is a good blocker, we signed TE Darren Fells and today FB Vitale and WR Matt Hazel, supposedly a powerful blocker, signed exclusive free agent deals. 

To my untrained eye these moves and deals suggest they’re going to try and establish the run much harder this year. 

Either that or they want to start a helluva flash mob Conga line.

24 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

So it is Barkley? :)

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

So it is Barkley? :)

Not if Dorseys track record with drafting backs at Chiefs is anything to go by 

2013 - Knile Davis (3rd round)

2014 - DeAnthony Thomas (4th round)

2017 - Kareem Hunt (3rd round) 

10 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

no third round pick, unless they trade back. I would expect #64 being the RB though this year

I'm thinking 33 or 35 and if we really want him, a jump up into the 1st for Michel. I predict the top 3-4 RB's are gone by the start of round 2. Just too many good ones that teams now know can really impact a team a la Fornette, Elliot, Peterson, etc.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm thinking 33 or 35 and if we really want him, a jump up into the 1st for Michel. I predict the top 3-4 RB's are gone by the start of round 2. Just too many good ones that teams now know can really impact a team a la Fornette, Elliot, Peterson, etc.

If all those RBs do go in the lower first....that means that good players at positions of need for the Browns may be there at the top of round 2:  OT, DB, WR, OLB, DT.

Possibly so Gip. But Denver made a decision today that leads me to believe they think they have figured out the first 4 to be taken. They just dropped CJ Anderson. Why would they do that unless they know Barkley is dropping to them? I figured that out myself and then checked the internet and found this article that came to the same possible conclusion.

https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-release-rb-c-j-anderson-saquon-barkley-replacement-154444136.html

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Possibly so Gip. But Denver made a decision today that leads me to believe they think they have figured out the first 4 to be taken. They just dropped CJ Anderson. Why would they do that unless they know Barkley is dropping to them? I figured that out myself and then checked the internet and found this article that came to the same possible conclusion.

https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-release-rb-c-j-anderson-saquon-barkley-replacement-154444136.html

I was under the impression that it was more of a money dump....that Anderson would have been due some kind of big bonus that Denver did not want to pay.

Denver would look pretty silly if that is why they did that....but then the Browns take him out from under them.  Well...John Elway always looked pretty silly anyway.....though he didn't play silly.

Releasing CJ cleared $4.5mm in cap. Not a lot until you consider they were only less than $11mm under the cap.

But they did not need to clear that space today, just by June 1, so it'd make more sense to keep CJ if Barky really is their focus.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Releasing CJ cleared $4.5mm in cap. Not a lot until you consider they were only less than $11mm under the cap.

But they did not need to clear that space today, just by June 1, so it'd make more sense to keep CJ if Barky really is their focus.

Maybe they just didn't want him.   That happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived