Sign in to follow this  
DieHardBrownsFan

RIP Gunny

Too bad. I liked him in Full Metal Jacket. Did a better D.I. than Jack Webb did in The D.I. Ironically neither ever was a Gunny though Ermy received an honorary promotion to Gunny in 2002 by the Marine Corps Commandant. He was a marine however and served a full Vietnam tour.

sad. I had fun watching his shows on the outdoor channel.

and yes, the left blackballs, character assasinates, and financially ruins the opposition.

In the least, they just bitch and bitch and bitch.

From the article:

"Do you realize I have not done a movie in five to six years? Why? Because I was totally blackballed by the ... liberals in Hollywood," he alleged. "They can destroy you. They're hateful people [who] don't just not like you, they want to take away your livelihood ... that's why I live up in the desert on a dirt road ... I don't have to put up with their crap."

Sounds like hoorta - my conservative politics got them bringing it up a bunch of times on the Browns forum. Lefties all. ('oh, they say they are "independents") lol

He was awesome on the History Channel show "Mail Call". One of my staple shows growing up

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Sounds like hoorta - my conservative politics got them bringing it up a bunch of times on the Browns forum. Lefties all. ('oh, they say they are "independents") lol

But cal you are so much fun to bedevil, tamaters and all. BTW when do those things come in full production for you? Seems to me that's when everything will really get busy. How many to a plant on average? I used to go into my grandparents veggie garden and pick green beans and cream peas (and then shell those). Cream peas are great after cooking to add fresh finely cut up garden tomatoes & onions and a little vinegar. You ever had those?

• Lady Cream pea AKA: Lady Finger Pea, Rice Pea, Catjang Pea Southern Peas

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But cal you are so much fun to bedevil, tamaters and all. BTW when do those things come in full production for you? Seems to me that's when everything will really get busy. How many to a plant on average? I used to go into my grandparents veggie garden and pick green beans and cream peas (and then shell those). Cream peas are great after cooking to add fresh finely cut up garden tomatoes & onions and a little vinegar. You ever had those

Well,

A. Fun, mebbe - like "lord of the flies" fun. but, I deserve a bit of it so...

B. if it wasn't for the weather, I could have tomatoes by June, but it isn't safe to plant them until about Memorial Day. I planted Memorial Day weekend, and it frosted the next day, no predictions, nothin. Hit a lot of folks, lost most of my sunsugar cherry tomatoes, and they were all sold out when I went over to Medina way and went to a giant garden plants place. Didn't even go to the farmer's market. Had enough Brandywines and Rutgers for blt's... and most of my ground cherry tomatoes were frosted out. The wind changed from the west, to from the north overnight, and wham. The end of June seems to be when the garden goes full bore. 

I used to go way out in amish country, and get a gallon of bacillis whateveryoucallis - harmless, organic, bacteria - except it kills tomato hornworms. They get any bigger and I'm gonna shoot em. But they had to stop selling the bacillis stuff because obaMao's restrictions rules redtape and bs. They don't have a phone - but a gov official came out there and threatened to shut them down and prosecute them if they kept selling it. ya, you can buy it in garden centers - about 12 bucks a freaking pint.

C. I made creamed peas I grow - they are excellent. I also love wilted lettuce salad, with the bacon, vinegar, etc. Had dehydrated cherry tomatoes last year - like raisins over the winter. Use my juicer to make a mix of spinach, apples, parsely, ... and drink that - and add spinach juice to my omelets. Green healthier scrambled eggs.

D. Have two apple trees - in yard - Red Northern Spy, and a Newtown Pippin - which was George Washington's favorite apple, and two big pear trees, and one macintosh apple tree. Oh, yeah, I have to cut all the dead branches out of the blackberry bushes, didn't do that last year.

E. I also grow sugar snaps - I grow so organically, I can eat the cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas right off the vine. Well, you have to watch out for the occaisional liberal/marxist birdpoop....

You need to meet my first cousin in Virginia. He was raised on a farm near Waco, got a good degree and spent a career in hospital administration. He bought a farm and has now "retired' to grow all kinds of veggies/fruits and recently put out grape vines to start making homemade wines, jams, jellies, etc. Has tons of peach and apple trees and God knows what else. Think I'll email him and find out what all else he raises now. Haven't gotten an update recently. His brother was a off-shore salmon fisherman along southern Alaska and now is retired to a small island on the Washington coast where he also has an extensive veggie garden. All I'm good at is growing and mowing weeds. My wife likes to keep the flower beds up and I make a point not to interfere. I was able to bring our St. Augustine grass back from the major drought down here about 7 years ago. Had almost nothing and now it covers 90% of the property. I have some kind of wild grass growing beyond the back wrought iron fence and get to watch deer, wild turkeys and an occasional coyote. Deer just love that wild grass and will soon be bringing the new fawns up. My St. Augustine took over a good sized patch of really excellent bluebonnet wildflowers I had. I keep the seeds and plant them every fall, but only a few came up this year where dozens of main plants used to grow. That grass spreads really fast so I guess I can't complain.

the bluebonnet wildflowers are beautiful. medians, fields...

careful with the seeds though: ( I wonder if this is bad for honey...)

https://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=lute

Benefit

Use Ornamental: Wildflower meadow, Showy blooms ornamental, Easily grown
Use Wildlife: Bees
Warning: Plants in the genus Lupinus, especially the seeds, can be toxic to humans and animals if ingested. Sensitivity to a toxin varies with a person’s age, weight, physical condition, and individual susceptibility. Children are most vulnerable because of their curiosity and small size. Toxicity can vary in a plant according to season, the plant’s different parts, and its stage of growth; and plants can absorb toxic substances, such as herbicides, pesticides, and pollutants from the water, air, and soil.

10 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnP17YCFs8I&sns=em

This cracked me up pretty good.

OMG. LOL. LOL LOL Used to have one of our TI's in basic do stuff like that - and he would do it on purpose, and catch me grinning and I'd have to give him fifty. He would laugh, then other guys would have to give him fifty... I felt like gomer pyle in the marines with Sgt Carter giving him crap.