THE BROWNS BOARD

Giants at #2

darren15

What the Giants do at 2 will determine which direction the draft goes...they could either

1) Draft a QB

2) Draft Barkley

3) Draft Chubb

4) Draft Nelson

5) Trade Down with either Buffalo or Arizona.....more likely Buffalo

Those are the 5 most likely scenarios

So the million dollar question ......if you were the Giants GM what would you do ?

12 minutes ago, darren15 said:

So the million dollar question ......if you were the Giants GM what would you do ?

If the QB that I like is there...I would draft him.  If not, I would listen to trade offers.  Otherwise I would draft the player that makes the most sense for my team (not studied enough on the Giants to know which player that would be).  -  The Jets would be hoping that they draft a non QB.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

If the QB that I like love is there...I would draft him.  If not, I would listen to trade offers.

Yup... with the minor correction I inserted, this is what I've said all along.

NYG had a perfect storm of suck in 2017 to land as low as they did. Eli is nearing the end of his career. You use this unhappy circumstance to grab his replacement, but without reaching.

If QB love is not there at #2, trade down with the Bills and shore up your OL. You are likely be passing on Nelson, but Hernandez is a very, very nice consolation prize at OG at #12. From there another OL is likely not in the BPA mix at #22, but will be at both 2nd round picks (the existing NYG at #34 and the Bills' 2nd at #53).

The only draw back to them trading down is that it eliminates our prospects of doing the same.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

trade #2 to the browns at #4 :) winning!! Small price to pay to a team NOT really needing a QB but a RB or DE

There's no sense- zero for the Browns to trade up, regardless what the G-men do. Their realistic options- QB, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, trade down. We know the Jets are taking a QB. Meaning Barkley or Chubb will be there at #4. Both if they trade down.

H, what upgrades our depth chart best? imo, it is if Chubb falls to us at #4 not Barkley.Ward or trade back may be choice with Chubb gone.RB & OL traititional are the ones to slide..Giants have done nothing to replace JPP at DE..tick tock

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The only draw back to them trading down is that it eliminates our prospects of doing the same.

But it leaves Chubb there.  (and Barkley, if they've got their heart set on him)

13 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

H, what upgrades our depth chart best? imo, it is if Chubb falls to us at #4 not Barkley.Ward or trade back may be choice with Chubb gone.RB & OL traititional are the ones to slide..Giants have done nothing to replace JPP at DE..tick tock

I agree the Giants may well be seriously interested in Chubb.  Question is how much is he worth to the Browns?  Draft value chart says not even our pick at the top of the second round is enough to get it done. Not worth it in my book. Best hope is Buffalo sells the ranch to move up to #2.  

22 minutes ago, Orion said:

But it leaves Chubb there.  (and Barkley, if they've got their heart set on him)

True...

I'm still down with Ward at #4 if we stay there and I've finally distilled my "why" down to a single thought...

There are positions you can fill by committee... and those you cannot. Shutdown corner is one of the "cannots".

I have a hard time believing they won’t take a QB after they didn’t take the Jets deal which was a pretty good haul to move back to 6.  At 6 they could’ve had Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley.  All the OBJ stuff is not giving the impression that the franchise feels like going “all in” to compete this year.  Maybe they are absolutely in love with Barkley or Chubb, but I agree with others that they are not projecting themselves to be in a position like this to get a highly rated QB again.  It’d be really surprising if they didn’t take one this year. 

16 hours ago, darren15 said:

What the Giants do at 2 will determine which direction the draft goes...they could either

1) Draft a QB

2) Draft Barkley

3) Draft Chubb

4) Draft Nelson

5) Trade Down with either Buffalo or Arizona.....more likely Buffalo

Those are the 5 most likely scenarios

The Giants will take Barkely if the Browns pass on him.

20 hours ago, darren15 said:

What the Giants do at 2 will determine which direction the draft goes...

I ask myself what is the most important position in the NFL today and when will I ever be in a better position to draft one based on the history of the franchise counting on me. Then my annoying alarm clock wakes me up to the memory of needing RoyceRolls to remind me of this when I got guilty of Overthinking 101 in Silly Season just a few weeks ago.

Anyway, why does the team drafting at #2 determine the direction of the draft more than the one drafting at #1 and #4?  The Giants just sucked bad enough to go grocery shopping when they are hungry enough that everything looks delicious (especially QB considering how infrequently that franchise is ever near the 1st or 2nd pick overall).  That just gives them a better poker face than the Jets at #3.  If Cleveland drafts a QB at #1 - what does that do to the supply of the biggest demand in the draft?  It determines when the run on the supply of top QBs begins.  It means the next 2 teams with QBs old enough for grandchildren, draft a QB in the top 3 slots of the draft where you do that kind of thing.  Jed Clampett reminds us you can strike oil without the paralysis of over-analysis.

If the Giants go QB like the Jets will as well, Buffalo's increasing panic with paranoia of Arizona trading up to ruin their plan puts us right back in charge determining the direction of the draft at #4.   Think about the history of Pat Shurmur (outside of Cleveland) in terms of the nice job he's done with QBs.  Sam Bradford was Rookie of the Year in St Louis while Case Keenum had the breakout year in Minnesota. Isn't that what helped make Shurmur the leading candidate for the Giants' HC job?  The last time the Giants had the 4th overall pick, they drafted Philip Rivers and traded him to SD in exchange for 1st overall pick Eli Manning and other picks.  The last time they had the 1st overall pick in 1992 - they drafted Dave Brown.  They drafted Phil Simms with the 7th overall pick in 1979. The only time I remember them not going QB up near the top of the draft was with Lawrence Taylor at #2 overall in 81. IMO, Chubb is not close enough to that level of talent to hold off the temptation of grabbing their pick of the QB litter. 

Now onto #4.  When Elway (in possession of pick #5) has been all over the place looking at QB prospects, who really thinks his insatiable appetite to correct the QB position slams the brakes on at Case Keenum?  Does even the top rookie QB drafted match his salary within the rookie salary cap structure?  That puts us right back in dictating this draft mode IMO. 

The Browns are the key to this whole draft. If they leave Darnold on the board, the Giants jump right up there and take him. Jets definitely go QB so that puts us right back in the driver's seat @ #4. We threaten Denver with a trade down to another QB needy team and Denver does not want to miss on Josh Allen who is most likely still on the board. They take the bait and give us an extra pick down the road to move up one spot and we still have a choice of our BPA @#5, whomever that might be.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The Browns are the key to this whole draft. If they leave Darnold on the board, the Giants jump right up there and take him. Jets definitely go QB so that puts us right back in the driver's seat @ #4. We threaten Denver with a trade down to another QB needy team and Denver does not want to miss on Josh Allen who is most likely still on the board. They take the bait and give us an extra pick down the road to move up one spot and we still have a choice of our BPA @#5, whomever that might be.

That's similar to where I was going Aggies. If we start the run on QBs at #1 overall -  the reply I expect from the New Jersey Giants "what happened to the Cleveland Browns that always overthink the draft?"  They're rarely drafting up this high in a draft that gives them somewhat of a multiple choice of QB faves (also with the possibility we didn't pick their fave to your point).  It's also possible the Jets still have a QB they really like left on the board at #3.

Now, we have our choice of #1 DE, #1 RB, #1 Corner, #1 Safety, #1 Offensive Guard, #1 DT or taking the best trade offer between Buffalo, Denver, Arizona or anyone wanting the 4th best QB in what's being coined by many as a nice year to find a QB.   Going any position other than QB at #1 removes this option. It doesn't matter if the next John Hannah is on the Giants' doorstep, the guy who takes him at #2 overall for that franchise and fan base will be rooming with Jimmy Hoffa.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

... and Denver does not want to miss on Josh Allen who is most likely still on the board.

I'm trying to picture a QB room with both Lynch and Allen in it. Too bad they've already parted ways with Osweiler. :blink: Keenum's level of play might suffer simple thru the gravity of suck.

And then there's the forgotten man... my 2017 darkhorse QB and the Draft's Mr. Irrelevant, Chad Kelly... who has been quietly rehab'ing his injury without incident.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But they would be smarter to take their quarterback of the future and not Mr. merengue.

Black Tarkenton wold fit the Giants. The 1,2 and 3 guys are not going to sit for a year or two while Manning masturbates

Apparently we are duping the Giants into trading up by using some Jedi mind-sh!t... the payoff is in the one-line, 4th paragraph.

This has to be the bottom...

Cleveland Browns ultimate plan to draft Josh Allen with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft

The Cleveland Browns have been reportedly zeroing in on quarterback Sam Darnold with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Though, is there an ulterior motive to these rumors?

The 2018 NFL Draft is just one month away and the speculation as to what the Cleveland Browns will do with the first pick is ramping up. We’ve heard about general manager John Dorsey‘s appreciation for quarterbacks Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold.

However, in the last week of March, everything is pointing towards Darnold as their guy. However, is Cleveland pumping out these rumors with hopes the New York Giants trade up for the No. 1 overall selection?

It is certainly a possibility.

43 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Black Tarkenton would fit the Giants. The 1,2 and 3 guys are not going to sit for a year or two while Manning masturbates

Actually that would be the idea, if the Giants take a QB at #2.  Sit and learn behind Eli- who's rapidly nearing the end of the line. Browns have already told every QB they've interviewed Taylor is starting for the foreseeable future, and if he gets hurt, Drew Stanton gets to show how bad he is next.   Jets will have Bridge-water and McCown ahead of their rookie.  

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Apparently we are duping the Giants into trading up by using some Jedi mind-sh!t... the payoff is in the one-line, 4th paragraph.

This has to be the bottom...

Cleveland Browns ultimate plan to draft Josh Allen with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft

The Cleveland Browns have been reportedly zeroing in on quarterback Sam Darnold with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Though, is there an ulterior motive to these rumors?

The 2018 NFL Draft is just one month away and the speculation as to what the Cleveland Browns will do with the first pick is ramping up. We’ve heard about general manager John Dorsey‘s appreciation for quarterbacks Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold.

However, in the last week of March, everything is pointing towards Darnold as their guy. However, is Cleveland pumping out these rumors with hopes the New York Giants trade up for the No. 1 overall selection?

The way you call the bluff is to let the Browns pick. And if the Browns don't flinch and take Darnold, then the Giants just might make the trade to get him from the Browns. If the Browns flinch and take someone else we will know they just could not play poker with the Giants with the river card left to deal.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This has to be the bottom...Cleveland Browns ultimate plan to draft Josh Allen with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft

LOL, anything that can be speculated on will be speculated on this time of year. The silly season is in full swing. Flip picks in the first, and have the first three picks in the second. Nah, odds of the Giants wanting to trade up are remote at best. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The way you call the bluff is to let the Browns pick. And if the Browns don't flinch and take Darnold, then the Giants just might make the trade to get him from the Browns. If the Browns flinch and take someone else we will know they just could not play poker with the Giants with the river card left to deal.

The Browns are not going to outmaneuver anyone in the draft. DePo, Hue and Haslam run the draft, The Browns have not had a successful draft since they returned in 1999, Not once, Not a single fukcing time have the Browns emerged the year after the draft and had ANYONE say...." Wow, this draft really panned out for Cleveland, they really got the best of everyone".  

Last year, they got snookered into taking a homosexual Zumba instructor so that the Bears could get Trubisky.

The Browns are not just the laughing stock among fans, they are al McFly among the other owners, and media. his franchise is seen as a glory hole. A franchise to be taken advantage of and raped for it's draft picks. Player drafted by the picks Cleveland traded away are doing far, far better than the schidt we got in the swaps. If the Browns do not take Barkley first, they will again be the laughing stock of the NFL when the guy, like Wentz tears it up.

Hue Jackson wants Black Lamarkenton, aka RG4. Watch the Browns fukck this up by taking Chubb #1, trading down and getting RG4 later on. 

LMAO @ this schidt franchise.

Hue Jackson strikes again................ LMAO................ HASLAM LOVES this dumb bastard. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I just noticed the football/dog-Sheet logo on the helmet there Tom. LOL!:lol:

lol

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Black Tarkenton wold fit the Giants. The 1,2 and 3 guys are not going to sit for a year or two while Manning masturbates

Just who do you consider the black Turkington of this draft class. Lamar Jackson he may not get picked until the second roundJust who do you consider the black Turkington of this draft class. Lamar Jackson he may not get picked until the second round

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

The Browns are not going to outmaneuver anyone in the draft. DePo, Hue and Haslam run the draft, The Browns have not had a successful draft since they returned in 1999, Not once, Not a single fukcing time have the Browns emerged the year after the draft and had ANYONE say...." Wow, this draft really panned out for Cleveland, they really got the best of everyone".  

Last year, they got snookered into taking a homosexual Zumba instructor so that the Bears could get Trubisky.

The Browns are not just the laughing stock among fans, they are al McFly among the other owners, and media. his franchise is seen as a glory hole. A franchise to be taken advantage of and raped for it's draft picks. Player drafted by the picks Cleveland traded away are doing far, far better than the schidt we got in the swaps. If the Browns do not take Barkley first, they will again be the laughing stock of the NFL when the guy, like Wentz tears it up.

Hue Jackson wants Black Lamarkenton, aka RG4. Watch the Browns fukck this up by taking Chubb #1, trading down and getting RG4 later on. 

LMAO @ this schidt franchise.

Hue Jackson strikes again................ LMAO................ HASLAM LOVES this dumb bastard. 

Drafting Berkeley would be like drafting Trent Richardson all over again useless useless uselessDrafting Berkeley would be like drafting Trent Richardson all over again useless useless useless

Archived