THE BROWNS BOARD

What I would consider a perfect draft

Ghoolie

Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.

My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.

ENough of that schidt already.

25 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I do hate Coleman

...and what we gave Philly for him.    It's sad, but all of the 'top' receivers were lousy that year.  

I agree.  Stay put.  Pick what they think is the best QB and best non QB.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.

My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.

NO one knows who the stars will be 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Who hacked Phoolie's account?

I forgot. I thought I was logged onto my Boo Fagley account, LMAO.

2 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

A perfect draft begins by locking Jimmy and Hue out of the draft room 

FIFY.:D

BTW Tom I have not given up on Coleman yet. Broken hands take time to get back to normal in WR's. Start off the season with some great catches would cure a lot when it comes to regaining confidence. Adding a truly great slot will change all the dynamics in the WR room too.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have not given up on Coleman yet.

He lost us the Steelers game.  

He's not just in my doghouse.  He's BEHIND the doghouse.  

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

He lost us the Steelers game.  

He's not just in my doghouse.  He's BEHIND the doghouse.  

I still won't be surprised if Coleman is an ex-Brown by the time the season starts.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I still won't be surprised if Coleman is an ex-Brown by the time the season starts.

If he isn't some kind of trade bait or whatever the potential combo of Gordon (if still clean) - Landry - Coleman (if there's really a cure for the drop-sies) would be beneficial for the new BROWNS quarterback corp.

If Gordon isn't clean and the drop-sies aren't curable they may be back to Kizer-palooza with no reliable passing game. 

Will the BROWNS get more WR help through the draft?  Not likely with all their current 0-16 needs.

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Will the BROWNS get more WR help through the draft?  Not likely with all their current 0-16 needs.

...I don't think it's a very deep wr draft...and it doesn't appear that we'll be drafting when the better ones will be slotted to go.  Perhaps one is there at the top of round 2 where we have a couple of picks.  But it depends on what we did at #4.  If we took a defensive player then we'd still be looking at a RB for round 2...and perhaps OT, or CB.  Of course if we trade out of #4 and go way down to Buffalo, then a WR might be in play.  But I'd rather not go down there.  I want the best player that doesn't play QB or G.

It's a good WR class. It simply lacks elite talent at the top. There may only be two taken in the first round, but Day 2 will see a bunch go... perhaps a dozen... followed by 18 or so on Day 3. And a couple of those Day 3 guys could end up special, e.g., Dylan Catrell...

Meanwhile back at the Phoolie...

Truly amazes me how a guy who throws more shade around here than anyone starts a "Perfect Draft" thread without the balls to take stand on a single player.

What a fukin' tool...

Did someone say Baker Mayfield? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I may get roasted as this is my first reply on here... However, my perfect 1st round would involve Baker at 1 and then Barkley or Chubb at 4 and possibly trading back into the end of first round if someone appealing slides.  Can you guys really see us going DB/S at 4 with all the free agent DB's we signed?  Most importantly... If we trade down, I'm turning the draft off and going to a bar!!

On 4/13/2018 at 10:35 PM, Ghoolie said:

Yeah, there's a large part of me that agrees with you.  I've been saying for a while now that I'm fairly certain we're trading down from the #4 pick because having the 1 and 4 picks of the first round is simply too much draft capital to play with, and I really believe our GM won't be able to help himself.  My experience with GM's is that they almost have to PROVE they can "get over" on another team, and they need to prove themselves.  Where's the glory in holding still and not shaking and baking?  Sure you get to pick someone at 4, but you don't get to prove that you're smarter than another GM, and that's what drives so many of these guys IMO.  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Sure you get to pick someone at 4, but you don't get to prove that you're smarter than another GM, and that's what drives so many of these guys IMO.  

If he wants to prove he's smarter, then find the best player for the Browns right there @ #4 who turns out to be HOF quality.

11 hours ago, BrandonTaylor said:

I may get roasted as this is my first reply on here... However, my perfect 1st round would involve Baker at 1 and then Barkley or Chubb at 4 and possibly trading back into the end of first round if someone appealing slides.  Can you guys really see us going DB/S at 4 with all the free agent DB's we signed?  Most importantly... If we trade down, I'm turning the draft off and going to a bar!!

Well...if we roast you, then what kind of seasoning would you prefer before we devour you?   A little oregano, paprika, rosemary and thyme?

But, no, no reason to get the spit out for you just yet.  While I am not sure that Mayfield would be the right choice....I am not sure that any of these QBs will turn out to be more than a sack of beans.  And either Barkley or Chubb is pretty much the consensus of whom the Browns should take at #4.....add in Fitzpatrick.

• 2 months later...

My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all.

I just found your post announcing how much you wanted Barkley at #1 overall!  At just 2 weeks away from the draft above - every fan on the board was to understand this was Ghoolie Poker Face for he only has eyes for Barkley.  

Now, where in that post shows me you were all about Barkley at #1 when his name never even surfaced?    You wanted a QB first.  Not much different than the year Zeke Elliott came out - when you wanted Paxton Lynch with our 2nd overall pick (prior to us trading it).  

On 4/13/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ghoolie said:

My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini...

Wait what? How far can Barkley throw and hit JG in stride? 😂

You know Tom as we get older the brain tends to fart more often and we forget what we said. It's not a lie, just a brain fart. I had one someone called me on here a few months back. I'd just forgotten is all. No sin.😁

This doesn't contradict what I said. Shortly after that post,  it was revealed that the Giants were not going to take a QB. That said, things changed. We no longer needed to take a QB at #1  #1 to get one of the top 3.  Since there was no clear advantage to any of the big 3, as long as we got one, we were good. Had the NYG been in the market for a QB, at 4 the top 3 would likely have been gone.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

it was revealed that the Giants were not going to take a QB. That said, things changed. We no longer needed to take a QB at #1  #1 to get one of the top 3.  Since there was no clear advantage to any of the big 3, as long as we got one, we were good. Had the NYG been in the market for a QB, at 4 the top 3 would likely have been gone.

There was no guarantee that the Giants were not going to take a QB.  Also,  Mayfield's agent revealed afterwards that if the Browns didn't select him at #1 then the Patriots were trading with the Giants to select him.  -  Or perhaps the Giants trade with someone else.  Just before the draft the Card's called Dorsey and said that if Mayfield was there at #4 then they would trade with us to draft him.....but ONLY if he was available.

We (you) can believe what we want of that stuff....but the bottom line is and was, that we lost 16 straight football games in 2017 because we couldn't throw a TD pass.  They took what they felt was the best QB in the draft class.  That's what I wanted them to do (except I was hoping for Darnold or Rosen...but that's neither here nor there for the present time).   Is he the correct QB choice?  We'll be finding that out over time.  One thing I know for sure, Barkley probably wasn't going to be throwing many td's for us.  

So yu make my point even more. At 4  2 of the 3 better QBs would still be there.

29 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

So yu make my point even more. At 4  2 of the 3 better QBs would still be there.

We don't know that, here in July 2018.  Because we don't know how good any of 'em are yet.

Archived