Tank Carder Question

Dutch Oven

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Tank-Carder-141005.gif

Tank's finest moment as a Brown:

Tank was NFL Special Teams Player of the Week.

Zombo

Tank was rewarded by his wife with the same powder blue with pink eatable GarTer Belt & panty set..(i'd give the wink emoji but we know what that did to the last women you winked at)

15 hours ago, Zombo said:

Tank-Carder-141005.gif

Tank's finest moment as a Brown:

Blocked punt in 4th quarter with Browns down 28-13, spurs 29-28 victory.

Perhaps the best Browns game in the Haslem era ... Brian Hoyer throws two TD passes to Travis Benjamin to complete the comeback, as Browns score 26 unanswered points on the road to come from 28-3 to 29-28.

It was the largest comeback in league history by a road team.

Tank was NFL Special Teams Player of the Week.

Zombo

Having him injured most of last year was why the Browns special teams were so bad...at least partially why.  Those units lost the Browns a couple of games....or at least one that I know of:  the Green Bay game.

Not to mention that Tank was our starting MLB prior to his injury. It would have been fun seeing what he could do.

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Tank Carder's real first name appears to be "Ricky". 

Not Richard, but Ricky. Dude missed his calling as a Nascar driver. 

Could a TANK turn a Nascar corner? Or does it just take out the wall?:ph34r: No wonder a Tank'ed Carder can only run in the straight away lane on ST returns B)..(Hey Diehard..Have ya ever stole than drove a Tank?)..we got tank questions

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

No, but Jimmy Bob & Billy Bob definitely.

And his sisters Ellie Mae, Joleen, Bobby Jo and Elvira.

Like I don't think figuring out how to contact Tank Carder would be that difficult. We should keep this train rolling and send it to him, I'm sure it'd be a big smile on his face.Like I don't think figuring out how to contact Tank Carder would be that difficult. We should keep this train rolling and send it to him, I'm sure it'd be a big smile on his face.

I'll keep the train rolling. "Battled back from a life-threatening injury at age 13, when he sustained a broken back, broken ribs, a punctured diaphragm and punctured lung after being thrown from a vehicle, which then rolled over him."

So he's also a tough SOB.

• 1 month later...

So with Tank and Joe gone ... which Brown has been on the roster the longest?

I'm guessing Josh Gordon ... although he is still on his rookie deal because he hasn't exactly always be on the ACTIVE Roster.

Zombo

--Or maybe that longsnapper guy?

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

Yep. The long snapper I think

So to answer my own question.

Joel Bitonio and Christian Kirksey are both in their 5th year, all with the Browns.

Gordon is credited with only three years served even though he was drafted in 2012 and Bitonio and Kirksey were drafted in 2014.

"The longsnapper guy" is named Charley Hughlett and has four years experience.

So "technically" Gordon has been a Cleveland Brown the longest ... but NFL offices would indicate Bitonio and Kirksey.

Zombo

On 4/19/2018 at 3:16 PM, hoorta said:

Had to think for a minute, but way back our training camp sensation Ben Gay.....   

Do you recall that same year, the Indians had Coco Crisp. Talk about an ad campaign in the making...Ben Gay & Coco Crisp!

Mike

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

So to answer my own question.

Joel Bitonio and Christian Kirksey are both in their 5th year, all with the Browns.

Gordon is credited with only three years served even though he was drafted in 2012 and Bitonio and Kirksey were drafted in 2014.

"The longsnapper guy" is named Charley Hughlett and has four years experience.

So "technically" Gordon has been a Cleveland Brown the longest ... but NFL offices would indicate Bitonio and Kirksey.

Zombo

Yessir, that Sashi guy did a real thorough job of nuking the roster.  

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Where have you gone, Ryan Pontbriand, Browns nation turns its lonely eyes to you, ooh ooh ooh. 

Boy, that  guy went from "All Pro" to "All Go" overnight, didn't he?

Many people liked Tank.  Me, I thought he was slow.  Not a bad player, but someone I hoped didn't have to start on anything more than special teams.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:46 AM, Zombo said:

RIP

Tank Carder

9/4/2012 -- 6/5/2018

Tank-Carder-141005.gif

We still roster 2 Punters & 2 Fullbacks. Unless Tank's knee still is not right? Why are we cutting a Tank getting paid 790k thru 2019 over even a LB like Bello still on roster? They must like rookie G.Avery alot.. 

Thanks for your service Tank! We loved you like we loved Cribbs. Your name was great, but after hearing Sam Darnolds grand father's name, there is no greater name is sports. If only "finger Hammer" played Safety.

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

We still roster 2 Punters & 2 Fullbacks. Unless Tank's knee still is not right? Why are we cutting a Tank getting paid 790k thru 2019 over even a LB like Bello still on roster? They must like rookie G.Avery alot.. 

I'm guessing it is injury related, otherwise not bring a vet like that into camp to show the youngsters how Special teams is done?

Zombo

On 6/5/2018 at 6:33 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Where have you gone, Ryan Pontbriand, Browns nation turns its lonely eyes to you, ooh ooh ooh. 

I'll still never forget the year that LeCharles got hurt and that jackass from WKNR actually wondered why they weren't using Pontbriand as the center...

Archived