THE BROWNS BOARD

Building the Browns 2018: Episode 4

MLD Woody

It's draft time which is our time. Just keep on adding the players and we'll get there. With so many coming back from injuries and a totally new QB room plus what should be the best draft in Browns history, this will be a really great year to be a Browns fan. And down the line we will see that last year was also a great draft. It just takes time to develop a team out of great players in the NFL. As our weaknesses get filled we will become a force to prepare for or suffer the consequences of taking us too lightly. It's happening guys. Enjoy the ride!:D

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's draft time which is our time. Just keep on adding the players and we'll get there. With so many coming back from injuries and a totally new QB room plus what should be the best draft in Browns history, this will be a really great year to be a Browns fan. And down the line we will see that last year was also a great draft. It just takes time to develop a team out of great players in the NFL. As our weaknesses get filled we will become a force to prepare for or suffer the consequences of taking us too lightly. It's happening guys. Enjoy the ride!:D

Add to all of that a Hard Knocks appearance and we just might begin the climb out from rock bottom. 

Enjoyed both episodes.

It is fun to embrace this team at this point in time, coming off 0-16 with a new GM in charge ... Truly a new beginning and not a reboot.

Got a feeling this is going to be fun year and one of my favorite Browns eras coming up...

Zombo

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

I think we might be 4-12 this year. :P

We'll see how the draft goes before I think about the win record, but the major upgrades at QB and WR, bringing in a real free safety and having Garrett healthy and ready for his second season has us looking a LOT better already.

We won't be a joke.

Zombo

14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We'll see how the draft goes before I think about the win record, but the major upgrades at QB and WR, bringing in a real free safety and having Garrett healthy and ready for his second season has us looking a LOT better already.

We won't be a joke.

Zombo

We already are a joke with a joke of a HC at the helm.. Puhleeze man... Again,,, Garrett and Healthy are complete strangers.. Let me know when they hook up...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

We already are a joke with a joke of a HC at the helm.. Puhleeze man...

You're just small-minded man.

This team is being positioned for success.

Zombo

Just now, Zombo said:

You're just small-minded man.

This team is being positioned for success.

Zombo

Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

Fine, sit back and enjoy ...

Zombo

On 4/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, nickers said:

Well that's the Ghoolie attitude, we've sucked for 20 years no difference now. I think there is a difference. Won't fully buy in until after the draft though. We've upgraded QB, brought in a pro bowl WR, and dumped malcontents  (Britt). Get most of the draft right things will be better for a change.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well that's the Ghoolie attitude, we've sucked for 20 years no difference now. I think there is a difference. Won't fully buy in until after the draft though. We've upgraded QB, brought in a pro bowl WR, and dumpt malcontents  (Britt). Get most of the draft right things will be better for a change.

Again.. Seeing with thine own eyes is believing.. Tie Rod Tarkenton isnt the answer...

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Enjoyed both episodes.

It is fun to embrace this team at this point in time, coming off 0-16 with a new GM in charge ... Truly a new beginning and not a reboot.

Got a feeling this is going to be fun year and one of my favorite Browns eras coming up...

Zombo

I get that feeling a lot as well and then.....WHACK, I remember that the Browns head coach is Hue Jackson

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Again.. Seeing with thine own eyes is believing.. Tie Rod Tarkenton isnt the answer...

Not saying he is- but sure is an improvement over Kizer...  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not saying he is- but sure is an improvement over Kizer...  

I've been saying this for a while now, and I truly believe Tyrod has a chance to be here for a few years. Yes, he's on a 1 year deal, but let's say lightning strikes and Tyrod plays like he normally does, and the Browns win something like...6 games. I realize that sounds like blasphemy after rolling out the freaking bagel last season, but hear me out. Browns win 6 games, lose a handful of others by the skin of our teeth, and are essentially in the wildcard hunt deep into November. Does anyone REALLY see us throwing in a QB with essentially zero NFL experience in 2019? Immediately after we possibly win some games and deliver some FUN to the fans?! Not only that, but we're still so young. We could start BUILDING something. Tyrod is 28 years old. Browns offense is starting to put together some legit pieces. 

Something people need to remember is that Tyrod is a WORKER. He's apparently a terrific human being and is literally the first person in the building and the last one out. There was a recent clip of Tyrod walking into the facility and it was flat out DARK out, lol. There was nobody else around. 

My biggest concern has nothing to do with the offense, which sounds crazy considering we were borderline anemic last year. I think we'll be good enough with the ball, but I'm worried about defense. Can Gregg Williams adjust his perpetual blitzing tendencies and get his young guys to play better quicker than last year. We need QB pressure without sending more than 4. Is Jamie Collins healthy? Can Randall be effective at FS? Will Peppers remove his head from his azz now that he's at SS? Can Garrett remain healthy all year? (Myles looked like King Kong in that Adidas shirt he was wearing this week...Jesus) Can Schobert continue to develop and improve against the pass? In fact, all of our linebackers need to improve there. Can we find a way to get more freaking turnovers? That's so big in the NFL, and now that we'll HOPEFULLY have an offense that doesn't turn it over as much, every turnover we force could be important. And what about the red zone? I think we got A LITTLE better as the season went on, but we were still awful, and we started out so miserably. 

I've got plenty of concerns about the Browns, but Tyrod isn't one of them. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what he brings, and I'm thinking Browns fans are going to be THRILLED about having a first class individual at QB who doesn't turn it over and will keep us in games. 

15 hours ago, nickers said:

He's not supposed to be "the answer". That's why he's a bridge QB for the rookie they are drafting. 

I am predicting that after the draft, no matter which qb the browns take #1, they are going to sign TT to a 2 year extension putting him in Cleveland for 3 years. That will give whomever is behind him a chance to develop and potentially overtake him. My guess is it's a 2 year deal with a Team option for a third, $25 mil in guarantees up to about $40 mil if they win the super bowl, he's mvp, etc. This gives him some insurance with the ability to groom the future while still making cash

This QB room has all the signs of being built right. Tyrod can focus solely on game week preparations. Drew Stanton coming from Carson Palmer,Matt Stafford & Andrew Luck teams can certainly help in molding our new drafted QB..The biggest goal is Dorsey hitting the right rookie QB in this draft..I like what we did getting Tyrod..But I've also seen teams strapping themselfs suddenly into QB cap hell paying a QB..than try it with a much of high draft picks all coming off their rookie deals..Taylor is only 28..If or when he turns Cleveland around? His price won't be so cheap..Sure we got Cap..Find the right rookie QB on a 4-5 year rookie deal? than surrounding that QB with talent.. sounds like the right ticket to punch.. 

Here's episode 3! 

This team is poised to BREAKOUT this year. The pieces are in place. The metal of this team has been forged in the fires of NFL hell. I'm VERY optimistic for this year. Anything less than .500 would be an extreme disappointment. 

Archived