THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowboys Releasing Dez Bryant

darren15

5 minutes ago, darren15 said:

1 year deal .... ?

Gordon, Bryant, Landry, Coleman and Janis ?

Belichick will be all over this .....

We have the cash, stay tuned. Picking up Dez would blow Ghoolie's no talent argument out of the water.

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

The Browns would have more firepower than Cincinnati and Baltimore.

We may already.  I guess we would have to compare.

The area in which the Browns have always "lacked power"  have not really been the WR/TE/RB.....but the QB.

54 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Would it?  You are assuming that Dez still has talent.   Well.....maybe he would be better than Higgins or Louis.

A little deeper digging Gip.  Bryant is 29, last year 69 receptions 838 yards, 6 TDs. Made $13 million. Could be the Cowboys are doing the Belichick "declining skills" number on Dez. We're not going to pay him $13 million for that kind of production. 

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Would it?  You are assuming that Dez still has talent.   Well.....maybe he would be better than Higgins or Louis.

I don't think that anyone cuts a Dez Bryant unless there are underlying physical, mental, cap or legal issues in some combination. 

And yes the BROWNS have nowhere to go but up and have made some good moves so far with a loaded draft yet to come. With Pittsburgh getting aged a bit they should finally become more competitive in the AFCN.

I was seeing this coming. He has been paid way over his production latest years...

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Doesn't really fit our plan. Plus, he'd never come here.

Money changes everything...

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I don't think that anyone cuts a Dez Bryant unless there are underlying physical, 

heard a Drew Pearson interview today that Drew stated, Dez had a foot injury that over time compensating that injury flared up a knee...We have a better Dez..Gordon..stay clean & find someone that can put the ball in same area code..Pass on Dez.. Jerry Jones may want to find the nearest strip club till the smoke clears in Dallas...stupid to cut Dez now missing 1st cycle of FA money:blink: (take care of your own? Ha! Ha!)

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

We may already.  I guess we would have to compare.

The area in which the Browns have always "lacked power"  have not really been the WR/TE/RB.....but the QB.

I recall the days of Nothcutt, Quincy Morgan and Kevin Johnson. 

The luck on QB has to change sometime and I like Dorseys chances.

Archived