THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Preseason

Canton Dawg

we do own a championship belt for this? right..Kizer must have packed it to GB ;) bring on them 4 wussie teams..do we play any of these teams in the regular season?   

I wonder who WE will pick in round 1.....and who the G-MEN will pick right behind us?   Could two rookie QB's be squaring off against one another?  (probably NY will trade out)

No Bears game this year.

Why would they announce the preseason games....and not the regular season games?  It is so much horseshite.   It can only be because they think they can get people to buy tickets to these worthless pre season games that they come out with this stupidity....and not just release the schedule all at once.

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I suspect that they are cranking up the ticket sales efforts for these games.

51 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Because otherwise no one would pay any attention to the preseason schedule?

Cheap pub and about the only effort they make since preseason tix are part of season ticket packages. They can be had for pennies on the dollar thru any resale site.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Cheap pub and about the only effort they make since preseason tix are part of season ticket packages. They can be had for pennies on the dollar thru any resale site.

OK....but what is the team selling them for?   If they can be had for pennies on the dollar on resale.....someone first had to buy them for 100 pennies on that dollar.  Yes....the season ticket holders.   But how many more single game tickets do they have to sell over and above those?  While I am sure that is not a big portion of their revenue....still, the team will grub for that money.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

OK....but what is the team selling them for?   If they can be had for pennies on the dollar on resale.....someone first had to buy them for 100 pennies on that dollar.  Yes....the season ticket holders.   But how many more single game tickets do they have to sell over and above those?  While I am sure that is not a big portion of their revenue....still, the team will grub for that money.

My brother is a season ticket holder for the panthers, so of course it's a YMMV situation. For them though, they aren't paying anywhere close to regular season ticket prices for preseason games. I think my brother pays something like $22 bucks a ticket for otherwise $80 seats. Typically he goes to one (closest to the 3rd preseason game) and gives one away for a gift or charity donation. Cost of doing business.

Honestly, I kinda enjoy hitting up a preseason game. It's still live and in color NFL football action for pennies on the dollar as noted. It's also WAY more relaxed to visit an opposing stadium being nowhere close to Cleveland. I've never had a bad time, I'd almost say I enjoyed it more in some respects.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would they announce the preseason games....and not the regular season games?  It is so much horseshite.   It can only be because they think they can get people to buy tickets to these worthless pre season games that they come out with this stupidity....and not just release the schedule all at once.

Maximum publicity Gip, maximum publicity. Need something to fill up another day on NFLN.   

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

As a season ticket holder, a few years back the Browns listened to the griping and seriously dropped the prices on preseason games. My tickets still average out to $95 bucks. The way it's evened out is regular season games like the Steelers (this year probably Chiefs and Falcons) will be "premium" games those tickets will list at more than $95.  

Almost no one is going to buy a preseason ticket at face value. Browns preseason you can get in the building for $5 on StubHub. A few years back up in Detroit, I got best seats in the house 50 yard line row 30 for I think it was $30. 

39 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

My brother is a season ticket holder for the panthers, so of course it's a YMMV situation. For them though, they aren't paying anywhere close to regular season ticket prices for preseason games. I think my brother pays something like $22 bucks a ticket for otherwise $80 seats. Typically he goes to one (closest to the 3rd preseason game) and gives one away for a gift or charity donation. Cost of doing business.

Honestly, I kinda enjoy hitting up a preseason game. It's still live and in color NFL football action for pennies on the dollar as noted. It's also WAY more relaxed to visit an opposing stadium being nowhere close to Cleveland. I've never had a bad time, I'd almost say I enjoyed it more in some respects.

I have heard that that may be an unusual situation.....that most teams.....even to their season ticket holders, sell these seats to the preseason games for the same price as regular season games.

Maybe someone here who is a season ticket holder can clarify that.

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Maximum publicity Gip, maximum publicity. Need something to fill up another day on NFLN.   

As a season ticket holder, a few years back the Browns listened to the griping and seriously dropped the prices on preseason games. My tickets still average out to $95 bucks. The way it's evened out is regular season games like the Steelers (this year probably Chiefs and Falcons) will be "premium" games those tickets will list at more than $95.  

Almost no one is going to buy a preseason ticket at face value. Browns preseason you can get in the building for $5 on StubHub. A few years back up in Detroit, I got best seats in the house 50 yard line row 30 for I think it was $30. 

OK,   I assume that you have gotten info from them on what a seat will cost you for regular season, and for preseason.  Or, do they actually charge more for different regular season games, as you suggest?  Or, do they just sell you "packages"  that do not have a specific cost for each game....just a cost for the whole package?

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK,   I assume that you have gotten info from them on what a seat will cost you for regular season, and for preseason.  Or, do they actually charge more for different regular season games, as you suggest?  Or, do they just sell you "packages"  that do not have a specific cost for each game....just a cost for the whole package?

The tickets have actual prices on them. Don't quote me on exact- ranging from $50 preseason to $120 for the Steelers game. We get (actually got) a bill months ago for what the total cost was- $95 average, $950 per seat. We won't have actual tickets in hand until the first week in August, or last week in July. They now let you pay for your season tickets in 5 easy monthly installments... Recommitting early put you in the drawing for incentive perks- like all expenses paid to an away Browns game, or Super Bowl tickets. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The tickets have actual prices on them. Don't quote me on exact- ranging from $50 preseason to $120 for the Steelers game. We get (actually got) a bill months ago for what the total cost was- $95 average, $950 per seat. We won't have actual tickets in hand until the first week in August, or last week in July. They now let you pay for your season tickets in 5 easy monthly installments... Recommitting early put you in the drawing for incentive perks- like all expenses paid to an away Browns game, or Super Bowl tickets. 

OK....but you STILL had to pay basically  $50.00 for a preseason game.  And someone said that they are turned around and sold for 5 bucks?  That is still a hell of a loss.....and a hell of a price to pay for watching practice.

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, that's the same for my brother. Honestly, that was based on two full seasons ago so it may have gone up, but there was a clear discrepancy between the two. Looking at it now it probably was closer to what you're saying though. Only difference is there's no price variation per ticket in the regular season, but he gets a flat bill and a breakdown of the cost.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK....but you STILL had to pay basically  $50.00 for a preseason game.  And someone said that they are turned around and sold for 5 bucks?  That is still a hell of a loss.....and a hell of a price to pay for watching practice.

It's the price you pay for being a season ticket holder, you don't have a choice. At least this year the 4th preseason game is on the road- where the starters play one series, or not at all. Way back- say in the 60s preseason games were optional. Just another way to extort $$$ out of your best fans, like those $10 beers at the game. 

Archived