THE BROWNS BOARD

Inside Info about a Divided Browns Org on our QB? Interesting stuff from a guy who (says he) knows a guy...

Tour2ma

On 4/17/2018 at 4:02 PM, Tour2ma said:

Hue... lol... still thinks he's getting in on the decision... that he'll be brought into the light.

And exactly how does Hue know how Dorsey operates?.

But despite the (now) overwhelming evidence- in a large part supplied by Jackson himself, a certain troll still thinks Hue is the one calling the draft shots. :lol:

EDIT: And if that's not enough...  https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Hue-Jackson-leaves-little-doubt-as-to-whos-leading-the-Browns-in-the-upcoming-NFL-Draft-117435973?utm_source=Scout Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180418_102626_Cleveland Browns&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=CA-1F-A7-07-02-43-35-CA-71-7D-7D-AF-89-03-3E-6C180418_102626ClevelandBrowns

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, darren15 said:

Betting odds on 1st pick ...Darnold still odds on despite rumors

• Sam Darnold (QB) -300
  • Josh Allen (QB) +175
  • Saquon Barkley (RB) +400
  • Josh Rosen (QB) +1000
  • Baker Mayfield (QB) +3300
  • Bradley Chubb (DE) +3300
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB) +6600
  • Field (Any Other Player) +3300

Mayfield and Rosen seem like good bets.....

Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wanna bet?

Whoa I'd back off those odds and try the even up stuff...... +400 could get expensive -but- still probably safe.

MY BEST BETS Rosen +1,000 or Mayfield or Chubb a big +3,300. :D

19 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm sure different folks in our FO and on our staff have "known" who they want at #1 for months. Very similar to folks here in that regard. The difference is that they've had new data to consider from visits and workouts... data to which we are not privy. Our last real data was provided by the Combine. Most Pro Days flew by unnoticed.

But sure... they are doing the same for pick #4, #33, etc... plus they've been feeling out deals and running scenarios. While knowing their own mind is job one, knowing the minds of 31 other teams, at least to the extent that we are not blindsided by a pick or deal, is just as important and more difficult.

Do we really need to find a long term answer at RB this draft? Is there a position that matters less and is less secure from a longevity standpoint than RB?

That's a fair point about the RB position.  I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State.  Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks.  If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list.  But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact.  To be honest, I think we'll move down to the 3rd round with one of those picks because we gave up our 3rd round for Tyrod, but still...finding a RB makes some sense to me.  That being said, I'm not going to be too upset if we DON'T draft one, either.

The guy I like, Derius Guice, won't be available in the 2nd round from what I'm hearing.  He's the "downhill" type back with a nasty attitude that I've been desperately wanting on our team, but I'm guessing somebody else will somewhat reach for him and he'll be gone long before the draft gets back to us.  On paper, the guy from San Diego State appears interesting, but I don't know much about the guy.  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Call Vegas now and put $1,000 down on your guy if you want to lose money fast...  

He's been offered nearly $1000 in bets here and he doesn't want any part of it.  Even friendly bets have been offered that he won't take.  Seems he's not as confident about his boy as he wants us all to believe.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

He's been offered nearly $1000 in bets here and he doesn't want any part of it.  Even friendly bets have been offered that he won't take.  Seems he's not as confident about his boy as he wants us all to believe.

Because in his heart he knows  Barky aint coming here.  So....he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money.  I guess.

15 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

Because the summing of the addition of two individuals with 1 in 32 odds to "the field" with 1 in 32 odds does not keep the field's odds at 1 in 32.

The field's odds would rise to 3 in 32 or ~ +1000.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

...he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money.  I guess.

Wanna bet?

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's a fair point about the RB position.  I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State.  Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks.  If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list.  But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact.

Agree... and I have no issue with spending a 2nd round pick on one of the RB prospects.

I simply would not package picks to move up in a class where the talent roll off is so gradual for a given position as I see it being in this RB class.

55 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wanna bet?

No....because neither am I stupid with my money.  

Besides, what would be the bet?  That we don't draft Barkley?   But...OK.....I will go for the bet with a hot fudge sundae on the line. I say no we don't...not with one or four.  You say we do with either one?  

And you know....I still have not gotten my pitcher of Margaritas from Stan over my Trubisky bet last year.

22 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

They have specific odds, remember those numbers can change up to the event.

Everyone else not mentioned are the field.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, Tour2ma said:

Well...  there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news for either the Rosen or Allen lovers...

Another mock (CBS Sports) with this brilliant (not) insight.  The Browns will draft Josh Allen at #1 because last year Dorsey drafted another cannon arm quarterback in Pat Mahomes....  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Another mock (CBS Sports) with this brilliant (not) insight.  The Browns will draft Josh Allen at #1 because last year Dorsey drafted another cannon arm quarterback in Pat Mahomes....  

Mahomes completed over 65% of his passes the last year with improvement every year over his 3 years there against better competition. Only thing they have in common is the cannon.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

I've heard that one a couple of times in different places.

Speaking of Radio Silence...

Simms & Lefkoe @SimmsAndLefkoe

Browns GM John Dorsey is keeping his intentions for the #1 pick a secret from everyone, including Owner Jimmy Haslam, until the night before the NFL Draft. According to Simms and @SI_PeterKing

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I've heard that one a couple of times in different places.

Bucky Brooks, Walter Football other offenders in that regard. "Dorsey likes big, big armed QBs". Right, just like Tyrod Taylor. :)

Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.

I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.

That exacta comes from Spanish? Because if so, it should be "exactamente" (exactly).

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Where'd he say anything about Ward? Tea leaves said Ward was a strong consideration: multiple pre-draft visits w/ Ward, DB overhaul underway, and Dorsey asking for more speed on defense.

And one thing remains true, if this is true, Hue Jackson still can't pick QBs: Kessler, washed up RG3, Kizer, and now Rosen.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You want to ask him who he's got in the Exacta in the Derby?  If I head to Northfield or Thistledown that day...it would be good to know!!:lol:

4 hours ago, Mike H said:

Where'd he say anything about Ward? Tea leaves said Ward was a strong consideration: multiple pre-draft visits w/ Ward, DB overhaul underway, and Dorsey asking for more speed on defense.

He put up a poll a week or so ago over on Football'sFuture.com covering all the combos of the top five QBs with Barkley, Chubb and Ward... 15 pairings in all. When I voted there were around 50 votes and he was the only one to cast his vote for Mayfield - Ward.

Weeks prior to that he was alerting our deep interest n Ward at 4.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No....it is more  exactamundo.     Is that Spanish?  Or Italian?

Exactamente is Spanish for sure. Esattamente is Italian.

Therefore Exactamundo is either Texmex or Spanglish.:P

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Exactamente is Spanish for sure. Esattamente is Italian.

Therefore Exactamundo is either Texmex or Spanglish.:P

Actually....it is "Italian"....as apparently it is a slang term that was originally used by one Arthur Fonzarelli.

2c6cb038_resized_the-fonz-meme-generator

Archived