THE BROWNS BOARD

Inside Info about a Divided Browns Org on our QB? Interesting stuff from a guy who (says he) knows a guy...

Tour2ma

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"Attention Wal-Mart shoppers! QB special on aisle #4!"

Have concussion thinking of getting concussion well on aisle 5 you have a Rosen ( you might love him more than he loves you ....).....come along to our surf shop and pick up a Darnold, security is an issue so bring an ID, you miss Johnny ? ...you miss Johnny ?, don't worry we now have the Baker  action figure in our toy section .....it likes the limelight just like Johnny and acts similar (* will only work in New York and LA ) .... need to build up your arm strength come to our supplements department and pick up an Allen....( * may cause drowsiness and cause inaccuracies ...please read the label ) oh and you can get a Lamar in the clearance aisle ....( he was in the QB aisle but was then moved to the WR aisle, TE aisle and RB aisle) before he was clearanced out ....and finally our staff member Poetic will be offering tasty treats called Saquons in our deli ..........happy shopping 

13 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Exactly. I had a dream (nightmare?) we took some obscure guard from Washington State at 1. Lmao 

That is not the nightmare.   The nightmare is that whatever QB we take will end up being  Leaf/Russell/Akili/Quinn level competent.  In which case we would have been better off keeping Kizer.  

THERE is your nightmare!!

9 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

This picture gives this scenario a lot more credibility. Look who is directly to the left of Dorsey, yeah that’s Scot McCloughan

58C8BE9A-03D9-4E01-BD95-26C61B0E53EC.jpeg

I see what look to be a couple of young kids to either side of him....who are they?   Interns?  Coffee fetchers?  Is so...where is Hue?

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I see what look to be a couple of young kids to either side of him....who are they?   Interns?  Coffee fetchers?  Is so...where is Hue?

Hopefully they lock Hue out indefinitely!

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Thinking about what he's done facing the wall in the corner. 

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Although I'm often wrong about my own predictions, my b.o i. always cautioned me that what he'd tell me in terms of rumors has a chance of being misinformation put out by other teams to hide their true intentions. However, the vast majority of things he told me that I posted on this forum came true.

For example, for those people that actually paid attention to my posts on the old forum before last year's draft, you'd remember that based on what my b.o.i. heard at the combine I posted "the Bears will look to trade up for Trubisky with either the Browns at 1 or San Fran at 2." At the time, only 3 people responded to that post.

I also posted that "Sashi Brown was seen twice via my b.o.i.'s team spycraft department, 1st with Rick Smith of the Texans, and 2nd with Ryan Pace of the Bears at a private membership only room at a Wine & Cigar lounge in Indy" and... "Dont be surprised if we trade one of our picks to the Bears or Texans." That post received 2 responses and came true regarding the draft.

Teams have 10s and even 100s of thousands of dollar budget for their "spycraft" depts that includes things you wouldnt even believe all in order to propel the interests of their million dollar cash cows.

Here's where I checked out mentally.  "I know a guy.  A guy says this.  I was right about this last year.  No one believed me.  Only three people posted.  My guy knows things.  I know this because of that.  I don't want to name drop, but I'm totally going to sorta name drop about just enough that you can't track it down.   But no one wants to listen to me.  But even my predictions are going to be so vague that no matter who they draft I can twist it to make it seem like what I said was accurate.  The only real thing I'm going to have a hard time defending is if they do draft Darnold but I left myself outs there too."

Look maybe the guy is legit.  I doubt it.  I doubt a fired personnel guy has quite that much insight and is just telling his brother in law things off the cuff.  This screams fanfiction, look at me, I want to feel important too type of garbage.

11 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Can tell over text if that’s sarcasm or not. Is there really a guard prospect from WSU?

It was sarcasm, but I'm pretty sure WSU has Guard's... they just won't send them to the border.

**rim shot**

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

If McCloughlan is the ginger, and he is with a name like that, he is actually behind Dorsey at the Kid's table.

Bingo... with Elliot seated as Dorsey's left-hand-man.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

...where is Hue?

Out giving interviews to the Press about how involved he is in the draft process.

Betting odds on 1st pick ...Darnold still odds on despite rumors

• Sam Darnold (QB) -300
  • Josh Allen (QB) +175
  • Saquon Barkley (RB) +400
  • Josh Rosen (QB) +1000
  • Baker Mayfield (QB) +3300
  • Bradley Chubb (DE) +3300
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB) +6600
  • Field (Any Other Player) +3300

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Betting odds on 1st pick ...Darnold still odds on despite rumors

• Sam Darnold (QB) -300
  • Josh Allen (QB) +175
  • Josh Rosen (QB) +1000

Where did you get your odds from?

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

One of the more basic ways for teams to get inside info is to recruit disgruntled "soon to be fired" scouts and personnel staffers away from another team while they are still employed and possibly privy to strategic information. ALL teams try to do this. The best and smartest teams top execs leave scouts & even key personnel staffers in the dark on real rankings and strategy for fear of info leaking out. The elite top execs only inform the owner & a select few before the draft. Smart top execs run disinformation campaigns and put up false rankings in plain view of scouts and staffers so the disinfo will leak to teams giving them an advantage to operate under the veil of confusion.

Even after stating this, we are supposed to believe that a scout from another team knows everything about who likes who in the Browns organization.  Unlikely

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sent to "The Pit of Misery"  DILLY DILLY!!!!!!

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Hue is out with Jimmy interviewing homeless guys

Or this... ^^^^^

3 minutes ago, LeBrent said:

Even after stating this, we are supposed to believe that a scout from another team knows everything about who likes who in the Browns organization.  Unlikely

Agree... and even the original poster is not claiming the "insight" to be gospel, but he also alludes to the fact that teams vet the rumors they hear. And that's easier as it only takes a "where did you hear that?" response or two. When there are as many people "in the room" as that pic of Dorsey that's floating around, a lot of people come away knowing, or thinking they know, things.

Foremost of the known things would be where division exists and who is on what side. Those are on clear display in the meeting. And that's all this guy is saying his bro-in-law has heard.

What people think they know, but really don't, is what the ultimate decision is... a//k/a about every other report out there.

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Betting odds on 1st pick ...Darnold still odds on despite rumors  (April 4)

• Sam Darnold (QB) -300
  • Josh Allen (QB) +175
  • Josh Rosen (QB) +1000

Earlier odds from March 6 shows how Darnold has moved up and passed Barkley as the favorite #1 pick. Odds although not always  absolutely correct they can pick up on the latest trends. Note too the field went from +1600 to +3300 a significant change and more uncertainty on anyone else slipping in the race.

Betting houses #1 rule they do not like to lose money. ;)

Odds as of March 6 at BetOnline

• Saquon Barkley (RB) +180
  • Sam Darnold (QB) +300
  • Josh Allen (QB) +380
  • Baker Mayfield (QB) +600
  • Josh Rosen (QB) +800
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB) +2500
  • Field (Any Other Player) +1600

Well another opinion this one from vegasinsider.com on the top picks including our BROWNS:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1917597

1. Darnold 2. Allen 3. Rosun 4. Barkley and the rest......

Well...  there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news for either the Rosen or Allen lovers...

On 3/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, Mind Character said:

Good news for you, but sh*** news for me.... Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law about an hour ago... he said the Giants are rebuffing even the Broncos current unbelievable trade offer because their personnel group is operating under belief that the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield at 1.

They will stay at number 2, Select Sam Darnold in a scenario that at the start of the draft season was only thought to be an unattainable fantasy.

The coaches desire for Josh Rosen has apparently cooled due to the neurology review and medical assessment during his private workout and private medical review at the hospital showing he may have some longterm risk having sustained 4 concussions in 3.5 years (2 in high school; 2 in college).

After the interviews and private workouts, Baker Mayfield has won the QB derby.....

Giants personnel group actually thinks the Browns will go 1. Baker Mayfield and 4. Denzel Ward.

At this point, my b.i.l. thinks the top 7 will go: 1. Browns: Baker Mayfield, 2. Giants: Sam Darnold, 3. Jets: Josh Rosen, 4. Browns: Denzel Ward, 5. Broncos: Quenton Nelson or Trade down with Buffalo who comes up to get Josh Allen, 6. Colts: Bradley Chubb, 7. Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley

On 4/11/2018 at 4:33 PM, Mind Character said:

1. The Oklahoma staff firmly believes that Baker is John Dorsey's guy... and that he's been so all along specifically because Dorsey called the coaches and private manager of Mayfield and told him to keep his head down and stay out of trouble more than once.

2. Supposedly, The O-Coaches & Eliot Wolf (Haley, Zampese, and Hue) wanted Rosen but now it's Darnold after private meetings and neurological assessments of Rosen... meanwhile the key Personnel group (Dorsey, Highsmith, McCloughan) all are full on Team Mayfield...

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Taking anyone other than Rosen is just making life harder on yourself than it has to be. 

If the "neurological assessment" causes the medical staff to cross off Rosen, then that's it... life is going to be harder.

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well...  there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news........ the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield at 1

Well, I've been wondering how they were going to Browns it up this year, now I know. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Well, I've been wondering how they were going to Browns it up this year, now I know. 

Hang in there, D... it's still only a "belief".

FWIW the source said that part of the reason for the Mayfield love is that while he was unemployed Dorsey lived in the home of an OU booster in Norman for all six, home game weeks and attended every one of Baker's home games.

Sounds kinda stalker-ish...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

If the "neurological assessment" causes the medical staff to cross off Rosen, then that's it... life is going to be harder.

Unless homeboys brain comes back like Billy Bob's from Varsity Blues then I'm not gonna buy any other reason. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

FWIW the source said that part of the reason for the Mayfield love is that while he was unemployed Dorsey lived in the home of an OU booster in Norman for all six, home game weeks and attended every one of Baker's home games

Dorsey said this in a early presser somewhere maybe around Senior Bowl'ish if my memory is correct? Kind'a figured it would be hard to disrail his train when I heard it..there's smoke then there's somebody truly putting a Browns ball cap on..the giants will hand out their own hats..but not for us.. tick tick tock  

yep..check here it is.. good review again of Dorsey draft outlook/GM speak..hits Rosen with MKC about 3mins in..Mayfield 5min'ish in 

Also am remembering a NFL network guy reporting Dorsey having a long talk with DE Marcus Davenport from Texas San Antonio U during Senior Bowl..great more smoke :rolleyes:  Chief Strategy of Baseball Paul Depodesta meet Morris Buttermaker of Walter Matthau fame..Tanner your moving from 2nd base to playing QB ;)  

Baker Mayfield being compared to Tanner Boyle in The Bad News Bears has to be my favorite moment in the lead-up to this draft. I can't remember who said it, I think it was a draft guy from the NFL Network named Charles something?

Archived