THE BROWNS BOARD

Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

Suomi

...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

So there's that.

• Zombo locked and unlocked this topic

Blocking is better in the Pros. Once through the hole, its usually daylight for 10 plus yards because LBs and DBs have to respect the pass.

Schemes are better.

QBs are better at selling play action.

Yeah, defenses are faster and so is Barkley with 4.4 speed. If youre going to use him as a battering ram inside runner 3 yards and a cloud of dust then forget it. Not that type of player.

1 hour ago, Suomi said:

...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

So there's that.

Sounds like Barry Sanders.

I am not pimping Barkley....just saying.

2 hours ago, Suomi said:

So there's that.

Yes the LBs and FSs will rock your world in the pros and they can all run faster than the NCAA dudes.

A friend of mine, grew up two houses from me was a first team All Ohio DE went to a BIG 10 school and found out they were all "All Something" there, the pros are a mega jump from that.

Barkley might work out but teams are more reluctant now to use a top draft pick on such a risky position.....again Trent Richardson. 

53 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

How did the PSU fan like "Paterno" on HBO? :lol:

The Penn State fans in my family won't watch it, because its easier to deny the truth and be complicit I guess. 

i watched die hard last night instead is the paterno movie any good ?

5 hours ago, syd said:

i watched die hard last night instead is the paterno movie any good ?

Watched it last nite... Not bad... a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about the whole thing.

The whole thing that freaks me out about that whole news.. Was how suddenly Paterno and his wife passed so suddenly afterword... Its almost uncanny..... Would love to read both autopsy reports on them.. I just find it too convenient.. They're deceased.

Yup, I want Chubb.

However, in Barley's defense, he's been compared to Marshall Faulk.  Well, Faulk wasn't a 'move the pile 4 yards' type of back either.  But he could run, make people miss and catch.  Kinda' like Duke.  We can pick up a RB later.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Watched it last nite... Not bad... a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about the whole thing.

Is this the one on Netflix? 

I found the outpouring of love toward Paterno that came from Penn State fans after the allegations very disturbing. 

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Is this the one on Netflix? 

I found the outpouring of love toward Paterno that came from Penn State fans after the allegations very disturbing. 

You'd be surprised how many Americans will continue to love someone in power they support regardless of the avalanche of proof of how morally-bankrupt said person is.

But no, it's not on Netflix, it's on HBO. 

Wow AL Pacino has come a long way since the Godfather.....

Al Pacino‘s performance as legendary Penn State football coach Joe Paterno in the HBO original movie Paterno is awfully impressive. Here he is, playing a guy known for being essentially a pair of sunglasses and a windbreaker jacket for the last 10 years of his career at least, who coached into his mid-80s and whose career was cut short by a sex scandal involving one of his assistant coaches, Jerry Sandusky, who was accused or raping many young boys via his position as a coach and director of a youth camp. As the scandal quickly unfolded in the fall of 2011, Paterno soon became embroiled as he was accused of ignoring evidence and claims that the abuse was happening and either turning a blind eye towards it or enabling........ 

14 hours ago, nickers said:

The whole thing that freaks me out about that whole news.. Was how suddenly Paterno and his wife passed so suddenly afterword... Its almost uncanny..... Would love to read both autopsy reports on them.. I just find it too convenient.. They're deceased.

Careful doing that autopsy on Mrs. Paterno ... She's still alive.

Zombo

--Joe had lung cancer. He spent his final 9 days in the hospital, it wasn't a mystery.

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Careful doing that autopsy on Mrs. Paterno ... She's still alive.

Zombo

--Joe had lung cancer. He spent his final 9 days in the hospital, it wasn't a mystery.

Yep she's still a spring chicken at 78.

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep she's still a spring chicken at 78.

I was under the impression she passed away not long after Joe... I was unaware of the lung cancer.. The same thing took my father back in 08 COPD.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Rutherford B. Hayes?   He is the only guy I know that is close to being from anywhere near the name of Kenya.    He went to Kenyon College.

(so did my son)

He's talking about Barry Soetoro.

21 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

He's talking about Barry Soetoro.

That would be his stepfather's name....but he was not adopted....as far as I know.

But....trivia question:

Which President  WAS born with a different name that was change after adoption?   As far as I know....there was just one.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

That would be his stepfather's name....but he was not adopted....as far as I know.

But....trivia question:

Which President  WAS born with a different name that was change after adoption?   As far as I know....there was just one.

Bill Clinton.. His real last name is Blythe

Archived