THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Exec says THIS scenario where Browns trade out of one isn’t crazy

LionOfBuddha

Apparently the Patriots are in love with Sam Darnold. If we were to trade #1 to the Pats:

Browns get:

Patriots two first rd picks (23 and 31)

Patriots two 2nd rd picks (43 and 63)

Patriots 2019 1st rd pick

Rob Gronkowski

Patriots get:

1st overall pick 

It would leave us with 3 1sts, 5 2nds, the best TE in the league, and another 1st next year. And we’d still get a top QB at 4.

Colin Cowherd poses this scenario, and got a text from an Exec saying it’s not that crazy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So the Patriots want Darnold and we are choosing among all the rest left by the NY teams?

The Patriots only want Darnold. We seem to be high on 3. Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield. Getting THAT haul, and still getting our 1A or 1B may be worth it.

25 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

The Patriots only want Darnold. We seem to be high on 3. Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield. Getting THAT haul, and still getting our 1A or 1B may be worth it.

I'd jump on that deal IF the Patriots were desperate enough to do it......but Tom Brady is getting old!

This is similar to the Dallas - Minnesota deal for Herschel Walker except they're going for an unproven rookie. I'd guess it will never happen. 

Gronks not going anywhere.. Belicheck's not REACHing anywhere near any of these QB's..If ya look at the amount of key roster positions the Pats have lost, adding in a ageing HOF QB. Bill is simply setting up for all these non-QB position talents to tumble down the board. Now for my mad Hoodie :ph34r: look..before the next media turd falls from the sky

1 hour ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Apparently the Patriots are in love with Sam Darnold. If we were to trade #1 to the Pats:

Browns get:

Rob Gronkowski

Patriots get:

1st overall pick 

It would leave us with 3 1sts, 5 2nds, the best TE in the league, and another 1st next year. And we’d still get a top QB at 4.

Colin Cowherd poses this scenario, and got a text from an Exec saying it’s not that crazy

MHO? Pound Salt Bill- you too Colin. That 2019 first will be in the low 20s. We've done the quantity for quality exchange too often, and it's bit us squarely in the azz.  I'll let you guys look up the sort of garbage we wound up with trading out of Julio Jones or Carson Wentz. 

Just now, Zombo said:

Didn't their QB just throw for 500 yards in the Super Bowl?

Ours just went 0-16 ... how bout We fall in love with Sam Darnold?

Z

Yes nearing the end of his GOAT NFL QB career.

Now you don't think the Patriots would be fibbing to us.....they wouldn't do that right? :lol:

38 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

In that scenario,

Is the QB you WANT at #4  or the QB THATS LEFT at #4 ? 

Or does any team grab Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Barkley or other really good players out there?

If for example the BROWNS take #1 Chubb then at most two quarterbacks might be gone before #4. I'm sure 98.6% of America thinks the BROWNS will pick a quarterback first.

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Going to be a long 2-1/2 weeks...

How about 4 months of this stuff!!   

"And the Cleveland Browns are on the clock"......

screaming-woman.jpg

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Remember when Ditka traded the whole Saints draft for Ricky Williams? 

This is on that level of crazy.

Ricky wearing the wedding dress and Herschel paving the way for Dallas to regain that "America's Team" crap......oh yeah should be an interesting draft!

As crazy as this deal sounds....it is indicative of what teams are willing to do to get 'that' QB...the one that will give them a chance to be super bowl contenders / winners.  (wouldn't it be nice for Darnold to sit behind Brady for a year or two). 

Dorsey, DO NOT be bamboozled like your predecessors.  Pick the best QB at #1 and best non QB at #4 and you're on your way toward winning the draft.  -  DO NOT help the Patriots.  Help YOURSELF!

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Or does any team grab Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Barkley or other really good players out there?

If for example the BROWNS take #1 Chubb then at most two quarterbacks might be gone before #4. I'm sure 98.6% of America thinks the BROWNS will pick a quarterback first.

At this point it would be crazy not to take your preferred QB at #1.  Sure, you can give me the argument 100% certain the Jets are taking a QB with their pick.  So it could be either\or at #4. You also have to consider what the Jets gave up to move into the #3 slot. Apparently Dorsey turned the same (or possible better) offer down to stay at #1. That should tell everyone- the #1 pick isn't for sale, short of something beyond insane. MHO, the Patriot's potential offer isn't even close yet. We're not staying at the top to draft Barkley or Chubb, one of which will be guaranteed to be there at #4. 

49 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I could see us making that trade for #4 but not for #1. 

But then it wouldn't be nearly worth it to the Patriots. The best they could do is make the trade for number 4 and we guarantee them were not taking the guy they want. Unless that's the guy we want.

WSS

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

At this point it would be crazy not to take your preferred QB at #1.  Sure, you can give me the argument 100% certain the Jets are taking a QB with their pick.  So it could be either\or at #4. You also have to consider what the Jets gave up to move into the #3 slot. Apparently Dorsey turned the same (or possible better) offer down to stay at #1. That should tell everyone- the #1 pick isn't for sale, short of something beyond insane. MHO, the Patriot's potential offer isn't even close yet. We're not staying at the top to draft Barkley or Chubb, one of which will be guaranteed to be there at #4. 

Probably true 1. QB 4. ? probably Chubb

I've never seen such division on the order of R1 quarterback position.  

17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But then it wouldn't be nearly worth it to the Patriots. The best they could do is make the trade for number 4 and we guarantee them were not taking the guy they want. Unless that's the guy we want.

WSS

Agree. I'm simply saying if the guy they want is there at #4 charge them out the butt and take all those picks. 

What I don't understand is people on here who think the Browns should just take a QB at #4 when it seems like just about everyone has at least one QB they love and one QB they want nothing to do with...

Yet the Browns are supposed to look at Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield and say: "Eh, whichever one is left will be fine..."?

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What I don't understand is people on here who think the Browns should just take a QB at #4 when it seems like just about everyone has at least one QB they love and one QB they want nothing to do with...

Yet the Browns are supposed to look at Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield and say: "Eh, whichever one is left will be fine..."?

Remember too now is when teams do their best to disguise their true intentions in most cases.

I wonder if there will be a fury of trades and moves right through day 1......exciting huh.  :huh:

On 4/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, LionOfBuddha said:

Browns get:

Rob Gronkowski

Patriots get:

1st overall pick 

The Browns are set at TE.  I'd pass on Gronk because he's not guaranteed to ever play again. Add this year's third and next year's second and I'd THINK about trading the Browns 1.4

Perhaps the Pats should consider making that offer to the 49ers for Garoppolo.

I'd like to know how many teams have called Dorsey asking if they could have our #1 pick?  And what ballpark they're offerings are in...

That would give me a pretty good feel for how valued this year's top QB really is.  

We DO know that the Jets made quite the trade just to be in position to pick one of the top THREE QB's.  They don't even know which one (or two) will be gone.

.......can you even imagine how deflated all of us QB hungry Browns fans would be if they actually traded the #1 pick away?  And then we go ahead, at #4, and pick the QB that the other three teams threw overboard?  I'd be too embarrassed to go to work.  (luckily, I've scheduled that Friday off)  :)

Archived