THE BROWNS BOARD

Sam Darnold

hoorta

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Unless there is an onslaught of late free agent additions, I agree, this is still going to be an extremely young team. A good portion of the roster will be made up of guys entering their rookie, 2nd or 3rd season. 

Which is a good thing long term but that's understandably a tiring excuse in Cle.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Which is a good thing long term but that's understandably a tiring excuse in Cle.

If they have been among the right young players to roster, then that's a relatively new approach for us.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

If they have been among the right young players to roster, then that's a relatively new approach for us.

Yeah I hear you, it was the plan when Sashi came in I for one hope we don't deviate from it too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Big lol at this one... wish I'd thought of it.

Darnold, he’s like a cow on ice,’’ Shonka said. “His footwork is all over the place. His feet in the pocket are embarrassing. When you turn the ball over [35 times] in 26 games, you’re intellectually dishonest when you’re talking about bringing in Sam Darnold as your next savior. This guy opens his hands over the ball, it just drops out when he’s in the pocket. If you look at his film, they talk about his accuracy. Actually it’s his receivers making great catches for him, laying out for the ball or going high. I’m not saying he’s never going to be a quarterback, but right now he’s a long way away.’’

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

I've heard if we draft Rudolph he'll fly us to the SB championship in record time.:rolleyes:

His college coach has had good things to say about him

Image result for rudolph the red nosed reindeer in football helmet

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I've heard if we draft Rudolph he'll fly us to the SB championship in record time.:rolleyes:

He wont look out of place with all the other of Hue's misfit toys in Berea 

22 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Allbright has been right.....and wrong before. 

Dip dip dip dip dip dip dip dip

I'm Allbright
Nobody worry 'bout me
Why you got to gimme a fight?
Can't you just let it be?
I'm Allbright
Don't nobody worry 'bout me
You got to gimme a fight
Why don't you just let me be
Do what you like,
Doing it nat'rally
But if it's too easy
They're gonna disagree
It's your life
And isn't it a mystery
If it's nobody's bus'ness
It's everybody's game
Gotta catch you later
No, no, cannonball it right away
Some Cinderella kid
Get it up and get you a job
(Dip dip dip dip dip dip dip dip)
I'm Allbright
Nobody worry 'bout me
Why you got to gimme a fight?
Can't you just let it be?
I'm Allbright
Don't nobody worry 'bout me
You got to gimme a fight
Why don't you just let me be
Who do you want?
Who you be today?
And who is it really

I swear, the lengths people go for journalism nowadays cracks me up, and I don't even mean that in a bad way. I will say it's intriguing that he's following our back-up, cause why else would he do that? Unless he's a super genius who is intentionally doing these little things (signing helmets, wearing orange ties, following browns players) to pressure Dorsey!

10 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I swear, the lengths people go for journalism nowadays cracks me up, and I don't even mean that in a bad way. I will say it's intriguing that he's following our back-up, cause why else would he do that? Unless he's a super genius who is intentionally doing these little things (signing helmets, wearing orange ties, following browns players) to pressure Dorsey!

But are we really sure it's Sam I Am?  Unless Dorsey swore him to secrecy.  :) John supposedly wasn't even going to tell Haslam and Hue until tonight who the pick was.   Ah- 24 hours or so, and the "official' leak will be out.   

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

LOL ....... watch for the tie colors guys if Chubbs is blue he is going to the giants, 

What young kid who is about to be drafted on TV in front of millions of people, wanting to  look as sharp as possible is going to say "Yeah I'm going to wear a brown tie"

C'mon, no one would, unless they know that the brown tie is going to match the hat they put on for the pictures with Goodell. 

Why would Darnold follow Drew Stanton on instagram? If it's no big deal, why didn't the other QBs follow him too?

Why didn't the other QBs sign Brown helmets too when they visited?

Read between the lines, the pick is Darnold. 

38 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

What young kid who is about to be drafted on TV in front of millions of people, wanting to  look as sharp as possible is going to say "Yeah I'm going to wear a brown tie"

C'mon, no one would, unless they know that the brown tie is going to match the hat they put on for the pictures with Goodell. 

Why would Darnold follow Drew Stanton on instagram? If it's no big deal, why didn't the other QBs follow him too?

Why didn't the other QBs sign Brown helmets too when they visited?

Read between the lines, the pick is Darnold. 

It would be the orange tie that would be the telltale sign.

Let me ask you all this. I've made my peace the browns aren't taking Rosen. But most people agree the safest choice in this draft is Darnold. If that's the general feeling like I have, why would you not want that guy? I get it, theres no guarantee on any this stuff but I'm so, so tired of the browns going for the boom or bust. Mayfield and Allen are way in this category I think hardly anyone would disagree there. 

Andy dalton may never win a ring but at least the dude brought stability and wins to the organization. Can you imagine what it would be like having the guy at that position for 7 or 8 years? I would be very surprised if Darnold goes lower than that floor. If that's the case sign my butt up.

Archived