THE BROWNS BOARD

Sam Darnold

hoorta

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Let's hope this is total bullish!t. I sure hoped that Haslam had learned by now to STFU. Guys like Dorsey and Wolfe are going to bail fast if this is true. If it's true this motherfocker has to go. 

Right. Haslam stay away. Hue can bitch but ultimately it’s Dorsey’s decision

1 hour ago, syd said:

Da Smoke Rises around Cleveland

Apparently John Dorsey has ran out of Sashi Brown's office furniture, so lets take out some trees behind the office's of Berra 

21 more days of S M O K E! (about 2:12 from bottom #59 Tank Carder jersey..thats me)

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

That old thread might have accidentally gotten deleted...

Was it Dorsey or Haley that "accidented" it?

I suggest a compromise...

... Rosen.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Was it Dorsey or Haley that "accidented" it?

I suggest a compromise...

... Rosen.

I'll fess up- it was me- I just wanted to delete a duplicate post, (LoB's that thankfully he reposted here)  and hit thread delete by accident. :(  I'm sure now that Po can take his attention off Hogan, we should be good for around 15 pages of Darnold videos before the draft.  :D Three weeks to go, the smoke is  getting thicker by the day...  

And yet, you call ME the Troll when I tell you that Haslam will side with Hue over Dorsey. It's just how it is. If it was not so, Haslam would have given Dorsey the keys to the house and told him to go get a new HC. Around here, people that know Haslam talk about his zeal for Hue and his comittment to give him 5 years. Dorsey is NOT ahead of Hue on the Totem Pole.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll fess up- it was me- I just wanted to delete a duplicate post, (LoB's that thankfully he reposted here)  and hit thread delete by accident. :(  I'm sure now that Po can take his attention off Hogan, we should be good for around 15 pages of Darnold videos before the draft.  :D Three weeks to go, the smoke is  getting thicker by the day...  

I brought it back and capped it.

Always fun to save these predraft threads...

Zombo

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I could live with Charlie Casserly's mock 2.0. Darnold #1, Chubb #4 and trade up to #32 for Sony Michel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000924464/article/charley-casserly-mock-draft-20-bills-trade-up-for-josh-allen

So we trade up one spot to get the RB we can probably get at 33 ?   Notice 5 of his 1st round picks are already picked by me in our draft :) ?

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

And yet, you call ME the Troll when I tell you that Haslam will side with Hue over Dorsey. It's just how it is. If it was not so, Haslam would have given Dorsey the keys to the house and told him to go get a new HC. Around here, people that know Haslam talk about his zeal for Hue and his comittment to give him 5 years. Dorsey is NOT ahead of Hue on the Totem Pole.

If you state it nicely that line of thinking makes sense. But MHO is Dorsey was brought in because Haslam thought Sashi was doing a lousy job in the draft and player acquisition department. That wasn't Hue's idea to bring in Taylor. If you insist then Dorsey and Hue are on the same level in the power structure, and if John doesn't have final say on who we draft and trade for, Haslam still doesn't know what he's doing.

The other way of looking at the reason Jackson is still around is Jimmy knew sending Hue out the door would send a bad message to any potential replacement, two years to produce, or your fired. So Hue LOL, gets three. If there's not dramatic improvement this year Hue is as good as gone. I won't put a number on how many wins that is, but it had better be more than a couple. :)

Dorsey was already around and in one ear as a "consultant". Hue got in Haalam's remaining ear. Sashi did not waste two high picks on a QB with weeks left on his contract. End of story...

From jiggins at the end of the old thread...

You see where the Browns were "very impressed" with Josh Rosen?  It's certainly no surprise, as me and you definitely expected him to be sharp intellectually and of course the golden arm.  Again, I'd be COMPLETELY happy if we drafted him, but I don't know if he's the type of QB Hue Jackson wants in Cleveland.  If Tyrod Taylor's arrival is any indication, I'd say we want somebody a bit more athletic than Josh.  This isn't to say Josh can't move AT ALL, but he's not the athlete Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen are either.  I really believe Hue Jackson loves the read-option, maybe not like EVERY PLAY, but he definitely likes to run variations of it throughout the game, and I don't know if Rosen can really perform in that role.  Now, I also don't believe Hue loves the read-option SO much that he'd draft Lamar Jackson #1 overall (like some silly article said yesterday), but I could see us taking Lamar Jackson as a SECOND QB if he should fall.

Being impressed by Rosen is no surprise.

I don't think Hue has a voice in player decisions let alone a major one.

While he's a good QB, I think the biggest attraction with TT was that we could make him come to CLE on an outsized contract we can afford and be a bridge. I'm not hearing about any effort to sign him to an extension. If he's a one-year rental, then his style is not going to determine who we chose.

Hue likes to sprinkle in RO. We saw that with Opie in Cinci which used sparingly... once or twice a game... was quite effective. But he can be sated with RPO and Rosen is as capable as anyone than perhaps Mayfield in running that. Hue doesn't show any sign of understanding the RPO well enough to feature it.

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

......I don't think Hue has a voice in player decisions let alone a major one.

While he's a good QB, I think the biggest attraction with TT was that we could make him come to CLE on an outsized contract we can afford and be a bridge. I'm not hearing about any effort to sign him to an extension. If he's a one-year rental, then his style is not going to determine who we chose.

Hue likes to sprinkle in RO. We saw that with Opie in Cinci which used sparingly... once or twice a game... was quite effective. But he can be sated with RPO and Rosen is as capable as anyone than perhaps Mayfield in running that. Hue doesn't show any sign of understanding the RPO well enough to feature it.......

Has anyone really heard lately that Hue was in charge or heavily consulted in any of the recent decisions?

I'm sure behind the scenes he is in meetings or asked for input on the team decisions -BUT- I think he is not pulling the decision making levers.......

.......UNLESS he's been delegated out of these duties OR he is on a short leash himself?  He is the head coach BUT what was it Bill Parcells said about shopping for the groceries?

Hmmmmmm. :huh:

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Has anyone really heard lately that Hue was in charge or heavily consulted in any of the recent decisions?

Hue himself has said he hasn't even been in the conversations lately...

All the BS about "travel and schedules" preventing them from getting together, but how they'll "get together at some point between now and the start of the Draft" and even how "we might not know until Draft Day".

The dude is on the outside looking in... but Dorsey has soaped the windows.

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

......The dude is on the outside looking in... but Dorsey has soaped the windows.

LATEST TRADE RUMOR JUST IN.....

Hogan and Hue traded to yet unknown team for a 2021 7th round pick and a box of Nike shoes.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

LATEST TRADE RUMOR JUST IN.....

Hogan and Hue traded to yet unknown team for a 2021 7th round pick and a box of Nike shoes.

I was hearing 7th and one year supply of Rogaine.

53 minutes ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Agree with Darnold at #1 and Allen at #4.  Bust insurance.  Take the safe bet and the project.

Taking 2 quarterbacks is nuts.

3 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Agree with Darnold at #1 and Allen at #4.  Bust insurance.  Take the safe bet and the project.

I am trying to imagine any QB pick at #1 overall where I'd sleep better with Allen as insurance... -_-

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Taking 2 quarterbacks is nuts.

Actually Tom, you have to deep dive and start reading those draft mags. No problem doing the Redskins thing and drafting a guy like White, Benkert, or Lauletta in the 5th round. :D

redskins thing was... took RG3 at #2.Cousins in 4th.Had Rex Grossman & vet QB John Beck,which Beck was soon released..If we draft a QB at #1 & #4? Moving one or both to PS can't happen. So your eating 2 inactive spots of 7, weekly. Game week practice reps seem tough to get for 2 getting paid rookie QB's. Taylor starts, Stanton active back-up, a Rookie QB needs to sit inactive. not seeing the value here when the goal stated was to sit a QB for a while.(not saying that happens either) we need starter talent at pick 4 on the field. now, Benkert or Lauletta to PS..is a very likeable plan..(Kevin White or Kyle Lauletta seem very much like a Belicheck pick:P)     

If we do take two quarterbacks, I think it will be at #1, and it will be later in the first round (if we trade up a tad) or with #33. I seriously doubt we'd go QB at 1 and 4, but I COULD see us grabbing one Lamar Jackson if he is available later in the first. I sincerely believe our interest in Lamar Jackson is real. Now, I don't think it's "#1 real" like some crazy writers recently said, but I KNOW Hue Jackson loves read-option wrinkles, and nobody runs that formation like Lamar. Even as a rookie, Lamar would let you create a small package of plays that revolve around the shotgun, read-option formation. Even if it's one formation that has 3-5 variations, it's still enough to warrant the opposing defensive coordinator spending some time preparing for it. Can you imagine getting inside the red zone and then trotting out Lamar Jackson? Perhaps not the red zone, but more like inside the 10. He'd be a nightmare. And it'd be a great way to get him just a little experience on a weekly basis. 

Do I think we'll do it? Not really. But think about this....if we make a trade with Buffalo and move down to 12 and 22 (after presumably taking a QB at 1), then it's possible Lamar plops into our laps at 22. We could theoretically draft a QB at 1, take a CB/S at 12, Lamar at 22, and then play around with the other picks Buffalo would most certainly give up to move up to 4. That would give us the flexibility to move back into the first round to basically guarantee we'd get the RB of our choice (other than Saquon, obviously). 

Archived