THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Hogan Traded

MLD Woody

7 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Who the Shmuck is Stanton... an old nobody. Great sign. 

...can't argue that.  But he was brought here to be backup to TieRod.  They don't want #1 pick to have to play at all this year.

Was it Dorsey who drafted Hogan?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Orion said:

It was obvious he had no future here.  They traded for TieRod.  They signed Stanton.  They're going to draft the future QB.  Where was that going to leave him?  He absolutely should request a trade......or to be released.

I get the Tyrod Taylor signing. He's won more games but that's because he's actually been allowed to play. Hogan said last season that he saw things during the Texan's game that he hadn't seen before. He just has to get some real game experience and have somebody to throw to that would actually start for any other team in the league outside of David Njoku as a rookie. 

But, it's cool. If Cleveland is blind enough to overlook Hogan's potential, given the QB hellhole we've been in for the last 20 years... Good for him- let him leave, they deserve every last punchline they'll inevitably receive. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

But, it's cool. If Cleveland is blind enough to overlook Hogan's potential, given the QB hellhole we've been in for the last 20 years... Good for him- let him leave, they deserve every last punchline they'll inevitably receive. 

Enjoy being a fan of his new team.    Don't let the door hit you in the ass here on your way out.   If you're lucky, he'll end up in the same place as your other boyfriend Barfley ends up.

Guess you aren't that confident in his ability to be a starter since you ignored my bet offer.   Typical troll.  All talk....no balls.

Oh no- You are stuck with me for the long haul, sorry about your luck. 

BTW- Who's your pick at #1? 

Whoopie Goldturd is also demanding that men get erections when looking at her.

WTF? Hogan? Only in Cleveland, only in Cleveland.

23 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Oh no- You are stuck with me for the long haul, sorry about your luck. 

BTW- Who's your pick at #1? 

Sorry about my luck?   You're the one who's now rooting against the Browns because your boyfriend will get traded or released, which we all told you would happen as soon as Taylor and Stanton were brought in.   You're also the one who looks like a fool for making asinine statements like "Hogan is better than Flacco" and "Hogan will be a starter this season" and "I have inside info that Barfley is the #1 pick" but doesn't have the balls to back it up. 

My pick at #1 would be Mayfield but I think it's going to be Darnold.  I'd be happy if it's Rosen or either of the other two I just mentioned.  I'll be disappointed if they take Allen but I'll hope I'm wrong about him.

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

That's not the case AT ALL.

Clearly, Hogan demonstrated all season that he was better than both Kizer and Kessler and they sank him on the depth chart anyway. Cleveland is clueless.

Why would you put up with that? I wouldn't- and I wouldn't expect you to either. He'll go somewhere else to a team that can evaluate and develop talent.

And when he's starting and winning games and we've another bust at QB- I'll have the last laugh. 

Yeah Po- we know Hue was tanking games on purpose, not putting your guy in.  Mark already bet you Hogan won't start anywhere, but you're still living in the Po fantasy world. Hogan has been evaluated by both the Chiefs and Browns- but you think he should go for the trifecta. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Who the Shmuck is Stanton... an old nobody. Great sign. 

An old nobody Hogan was smart enough to realize he couldn't beat out.  You must think Andy Reid is dumb too- they cut Hogan in KC.  If Kevin had shown any hint of starting material, the Browns wouldn't have wasted a draft pick on Taylor. Hogan will soon follow our other similarly talented former third string quarterback Connor Shaw into oblivion.  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah Po- we know Hue was tanking games on purpose, not putting your guy in.  Mark already bet you Hogan won't start anywhere, but you're still living in the Po fantasy world. Hogan has been evaluated by both the Chiefs and Browns- but you think he should go for the trifecta. 

An old nobody Hogan was smart enough to realize he couldn't beat out.  You must think Andy Reid is dumb too- they cut Hogan in KC.  If Kevin had shown any hint of starting material, the Browns wouldn't have wasted a draft pick on Taylor. Hogan will soon follow our other similarly talented former third string quarterback Connor Shaw into oblivion.  

I'm telling you...he's just a troll.  He doesn't believe any of the bullshit he posts.  It's just for attention.   

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Kevin Hogan

Saquon Barkley

Josh Gordon

David Njoku

Jarvis Landry

Corey Coleman

I could coach that team to 8+ wins. The only guy on this list that Hogan got to play with was Njoku. With another offseason of development and the pieces around him... You are stupid if you don't think Hogan could win with a supporting cast like that.

No, we think you should become a fan of whichever teams Hogan and Barkley wind up on. It won't be the Browns. 

Dorsey isn't even taking time out of his busy draft evaluation days to see if he can sucker some team into giving him a bag of Doritos for Kevin. He's leaving that up to Hogan's agent to do the calling.  If you haven't been following the latest trends, it's around 99% certain the Browns are drafting a quarterback at #1, the only question that remains is which one.  

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'm telling you...he's just a troll.  He doesn't believe any of the cowpoop he posts.  It's just for attention.   

Mark, I honestly think Po actually believes the stuff he's spewing. Look at his sig line- he's living in some alternate reality. 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Mark, I honestly think Po actually believes the stuff he's spewing. Look at his sig line- he's living in some alternate reality. 

Po is not a troll. The guy believes in Hogan. He is no more a hysterical fan than anyone else here. People have their favorites, and each has facts, observations and beliefs that they personally believe are football reality. Blast the guy about Hogan, but it isn't like anyone else we had was any better. I personally think Hogan smells like Zombo, but Po is an okay dude.

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

No, we think you should become a fan of whichever teams Hogan and Barkley wind up on. It won't be the Browns. 

Dorsey isn't even taking time out his busy draft evaluation days to see if he can sucker some team into giving him a bag of Doritos for Kevin. He's leaving that up to Hogan's agent to do the calling.  If you haven't been following the latest trends, it's around 99% certain the Browns are drafting a quarterback at #1, the only question that remains is which one.  

Larry, let's combine some thoughts, tame the BS and as we do every once in awhile, get back to football.

In 2017, I think you will agree with me that while we can debate whether or not Garrett was the BPA and right choice, there was also a certain logic for the Browns to take him because the general consensus on Myles at least guaranteed the team that if he busted, they would not face ridicule, because as you pointed out, everyone was (save me) wanted Garrett.

So, given the reality that not only do we need a top QB prospect, there is again pressure to the extent if the Browns don't take a QB at #1, there will be a lot of second-guessing, and god forbid ridicule if we again suck and have no QB. SO the psychological and analytical "pressure" if you will, seem to come as close to a guarantee as there is, that we will take a QB at #1. WHich one? I don't know, and wouldn't blast whoever of the top 3 we take. They all seem to have great upside.

WIth Hyude and Duke aboard, Barkley would seem to be not only unlikely but even to me, a Barkley supporter, idiotic, like self-immolation.

My curiosity then is what they do at #4. I don't think you will find it trolling to express the question of would the Browns actually pay a #1 and #4 salary this year? DePo likes acquiring more picks, and finding value lower down the ladder. Who would the Browns take at #4 if, say, they took Rosen at #1? The giants are insane if they don't take Barkley, so a QB goes at #3, and the Browns are back on the clock. There isn't a WR who deserves the #4, and some are saying Fitzpatrick is our #4. Chubb will be available. 

SO, I am okay with a QB and CHubb. I think a QB and a trade down will be a downer, and a mistake.

24 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, let's combine some thoughts, tame the BS and as we do every once in awhile, get back to football.

In 2017, I think you will agree with me that while we can debate whether or not Garrett was the BPA and right choice, there was also a certain logic for the Browns to take him because the general consensus on Myles at least guaranteed the team that if he busted, they would not face ridicule, because as you pointed out, everyone was (save me) wanted Garrett.

So, given the reality that not only do we need a top QB prospect, there is again pressure to the extent if the Browns don't take a QB at #1, there will be a lot of second-guessing, and god forbid ridicule if we again suck and have no QB. SO the psychological and analytical "pressure" if you will, seem to come as close to a guarantee as there is, that we will take a QB at #1. WHich one? I don't know, and wouldn't blast whoever of the top 3 we take. They all seem to have great upside.

WIth Hyude and Duke aboard, Barkley would seem to be not only unlikely but even to me, a Barkley supporter, idiotic, like self-immolation.

My curiosity then is what they do at #4. I don't think you will find it trolling to express the question of would the Browns actually pay a #1 and #4 salary this year? DePo likes acquiring more picks, and finding value lower down the ladder. Who would the Browns take at #4 if, say, they took Rosen at #1? The giants are insane if they don't take Barkley, so a QB goes at #3, and the Browns are back on the clock. There isn't a WR who deserves the #4, and some are saying Fitzpatrick is our #4. Chubb will be available. 

SO, I am okay with a QB and CHubb. I think a QB and a trade down will be a downer, and a mistake.

Ok, I'll play nice too. Wish you could show your reasonable side more often. I was seriously considering putting you on ignore. Little to disagree with, EXCEPT. If the Bills offer the G-men the moon (both firsts and seconds, maybe more) a trade is possible- unless they're in the QB market too. Don't forget they had almost as many guys at Darnold's pro day as the Browns, and they've been bringing in all the top QB prospects too.

As to paying both (assuming we draft there) #1 and #4? Easy. This isn't like 10 years ago where rookie contracts were out of control. The Browns have enough cap room to pay five first round salaries if they had the mind to. The problem as I pointed out, will come five years down the road when these guys come off their rookie deals. It's why I was so adamant about not blowing the entire cap going after Cousins. Heck, assuming Gordon behaves, both him and Landry are going to get big bucks next year, Garrett plays up to his #1 billing, Darnold, Rosen or whoever plays like a franchise QB, there went the cap.

Regarding DePo, he has no, zero, none, zilch say in draft strategy this year, and I seriously doubt he had any last year either. He's there to crunch numbers, and tell the other guys from his analytic pov who might be best. Dorsey and Wolf are football guys, they're looking at tape, and are only looking at those numbers to confirm what they're seeing. BTW, the proof of that is Dorsey already burned a third and fourth to bring in Taylor and Landry. If you don't think getting a pro bowl WR for a 4th was a steal, you've been drinking too much Zaya. The Rams gave up a first for a guy who may not even be as good.

Yeah, please no trade down this year, unless the Broncos want to swap picks (unlikely). The top talent is in the first seven slots.

But if some of the rumors are true and Haslam hasn't learned his lesson to not listen to homeless guys- fancies himself another Jerry Jones, and won't let Dorsey and crew do their jobs. We're screwed.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Whoopie Goldturd is also demanding that men get erections when looking at her.

WTF? Hogan? Only in Cleveland, only in Cleveland.

On no!:ph34r: Just add Allen to the T-shirt and THEN say, "Only in Cleveland........once again!":lol:

BTW how many new names on the T-shirt since Manziel? That could be a Gipper trivia question.

So where does Hogan end up? A) Pete Carroll in Seattle would be the easy call.Backup QB in Boykin is out. Russell Wilson is the only QB on the roster. not sure of cap, but won't take much. We could take the Seattle trade up rumors to #18 & throw in Hogan? B.) Where's that McHomo fan? Maybe Andy Reid back in KC likes Hogan more than dilly dilly Dorsey? 

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Po is not a troll. .......says the troll.    :lol:

No actually PoG is alright here.

Thanks to h's use of a quote I got to see Phoolie's one, pure football post for the year. Even as flawed as it was, I can still check that one off the list.

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If Cleveland is blind enough to overlook Hogan's potential...

Not just CLE, but the entire world...

I'll be shocked if a trade partner is found by Hogan's agents, but there could be someone at the end of the waiver wire lineup that'd be willing to give up a 2020, provisional, 7th rounder, I guess.

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks to h's use of a quote I got to see Phoolie's one, pure football post for the year. Even as flawed as it was, I can still check that one off the list.

Not just CLE, but the entire world...

I'll be shocked if a trade partner is found by Hogan's agents, but there could be someone at the end of the waiver wire lineup that'd be willing to give up a 2020, provisional, 7th rounder, I guess.

Correct.

If he had real potential in this current quarterback drought teams would be making inquiries -or- are do ALL of the other 31 teams and their advisors hoping to grab him as a FA or whatever!  

The draft will be here in 21 days we will find out what happens with Hogan.....and the XFL is just around the corner. ;)

Well I always like Kevin Hogan. But the writing's on the wall they have a veteran that's had some success a mentor and they're going to take who they think is the best prospect in the draft. 

That doesn't leave a lot of room for the fourth guy. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I always like Kevin Hogan. But the writing's on the wall they have a veteran that's had some success a mentor and they're going to take who they think is the best prospect in the draft. 

That doesn't leave a lot of room for the fourth guy. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

WSS

Ditto Steve- I wish him well wherever he winds up. If he plays his cards right, he could be a long term backup in the league- like Colt McCoy. Honestly, Kev may not even be as good as Colt.  It's just Po's creepy obsession with him that's disturbing. When he compared him to Joe Flacco- there's something wrong there. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I don't think anyone on this board has anything against Kevin Hogan, like no one on here has anything against Josh Allen personally.

But when both of their cheerleader's are such clueless, annoying twits... well... :lol:

BYE FELICIA!

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Kevin Hogan traded to Redskins

He's worth moving up 17 spots in the 6th rd

Not sure if I under or over estimated his value... :)

Archived