THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Hogan Traded

MLD Woody

He'd have been cut & we moved up 17 spots in the 6th round. We got somethin' for nothin', so I can't complain. I'm somewhat surprised we had a taker this soon after putting him on the trading block.

Mike

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Luck Hogan! 

I think Washington has a great QB room now. 

Alex Smith, Colt McCoy and Kevin Hogan. That is a really good room. I think that Hogan is the perfect blend of Smith and McCoy. I'll always be a big Colt McCoy fan. Damn, we could have had that room. I'd be happy with Hogan/Colt/Draftpick - We could have won some games if we built up the team around them. 

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Alex Smith, Colt McCoy and Kevin Hogan.

.....doesn't sound too impressive to me.

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'm getting the feeling that Dorsey wasn't impressed with the QB room that Sashi and Hue put together...

Zombo

How COULD he be?

Mike

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'm getting the feeling that Dorsey wasn't impressed with the QB room that Sashi and Hue put together...

Zombo

I'm getting the feeling that Dorsey enjoys getting rid of Kevin Hogan... 

20 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

That is the understatement of the year thus far. You just moved into first place.:D

53 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

......I think Washington has a great QB room now. 

Alex Smith, Colt McCoy and Kevin Hogan. That is a really good room.....

Yeah all they need is one more to play bridge. :lol:

Actually I was hoping the BROWNS could have got A. Smith in the FA wars didnt, Colt is a swell backup quarterback, Kevin just has to remember to pay attention and bring his helmet to the games with him......hey he might have a shot at being a backup eventually. 

22 hours ago, PoeticG said:

That's not the case AT ALL.

Clearly, Hogan demonstrated all season that he was better than both Kizer and Kessler and they sank him on the depth chart anyway. Cleveland is clueless.

Why would you put up with that? I wouldn't- and I wouldn't expect you to either. He'll go somewhere else to a team that can evaluate and develop talent.

And when he's starting and winning games and we've another bust at QB- I'll have the last laugh. 

Laughing now? 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Good Luck Hogan! 

Alex Smith, Colt McCoy and Kevin Hogan. That is a really good room. I think that Hogan is the perfect blend of Smith and McCoy. I'll always be a big Colt McCoy fan. Damn, we could have had that room. I'd be happy with Hogan/Colt/Draftpick - We could have won some games if we built up the team around them. 

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!  Buy that Hogan jersey now- We will take any bets up to the lottery level Hogan can't beat out Alex Smith. 

You are sinking ever farther into the O-Zone Po. With the swap of draft picks- your Hero was worth about a 7th rounder. Andrew Luck he isn't. 

I guess when Dorsey said the Browns needed real players, he was dead serious on trying to find some.... Who would've thought the group of guys responsible for 1-31/0-16 would get massively overhauled?

I'm guessing just about anyone.   

Paid 16M for a QB,still have a 2nd round pick this draft. Kizer got us a player(D.Randle) & minus -29 spots combined in rounds 4 & 5. Kessler gifted us a Jags 7th round in 2019, if Kess sticks.Mighty Hogan a plus +17 in round 6.. quite the QB room?aye Maybe the worst QB room in Browns History or NFL History? Maybe the QB whisper should whisper..  

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Maybe the worst QB room in Browns History or NFL History? Maybe the QB whisper should whisper..  

Just one last person associated with the QBs to clean out. We're taking baby steps on that. 0-8 start should do it. Whisper that Huey.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't think anyone on this board has anything against Kevin Hogan, like no one on here has anything against Josh Allen personally.

But when both of their cheerleader's are such clueless, annoying twits... well... :lol:

BYE FELICIA!

If watching Kizer didn't always feel like nails on a chalk board - I would have understood the hostility toward Poe.  How many times do we need to see a kid swing at a pinata and miss with blindfolds on before we realize there's gotta be a better way to produce some goodies?  We spent all of 2017 investing time, reps and growing pains on an inexperienced/inaccurate QB we weren't even going to keep around for 2018. That rated right up there with trading for/signing Brock O for 19 million $ with zero intentions + zero reasons for keeping him.

Let's do the Queer Eye for the Wrong Guy math here:                                                                                            Waste 2nd round pick on Kizer + waste 3rd round pick on Kessler + waste 19 million $ on a former Denver 2nd round pick (Brock O) = Finding what family history on this board traces all the way back to Cupid through Kevin Hogan (not to be confused with Ancestry.Com or the Incestry.Com that Ghoolie uses to find all his Hershey Highway buddies in black and gold)

I'll fess up here and say I enjoyed the trend of seeing Hogan outplay Kizer and Kessler at every opportunity. The 2017 preseason numbers/ratings favoring Hogan were posted as well as the regular season numbers/ratings leading up to the forgettable start Hogan had.  In the end, Hogan only really cost us the NFL equivalent value of a Walmart Cola before we got that money back moving up in round 6 from pick #205 to pick #188 of the 2018 draft.

Who was the hollow dome in KC that drafted this church mouse quiet but highly controversial Kevin Hogan anyway?   What a beyostard!  Can you imagine if he was in charge of drafting us the solution at QB?  Oh wait, he IS in charge of that.  The good news is some drafts are better than others; while grabbing a veteran FA QB that wins more than he loses via 90+ passer ratings and low turnover volumes can also be good news.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ditto Steve- I wish him well wherever he winds up. If he plays his cards right, he could be a long term backup in the league- like Colt McCoy. Honestly, Kev may not even be as good as Colt.  It's just Po's creepy obsession with him that's disturbing. When he compared him to Joe Flacco- there's something wrong there. 

:lol:  Not for nothing Larry - but have you seen Joey Bottaflacco play after he held a salary cap hostage?  And he's had better WRs than the junior varsity caliber WR Corps we've been looking at for way too long. 

Looks to me like if he had been here, I could only think of the sound of Pink Floyd with these edited lyrics "All in all he's just another name on the shirt."

17 minutes ago, Flugel said:

:lol:  Not for nothing Larry - but have you seen Joey Bottaflacco play after he held a salary cap hostage?  And he's had better WRs than the junior varsity caliber WR Corps we've been looking at for way too long. 

Looks to me like if he had been here, I could only think of the sound of Pink Floyd with these edited lyrics "All in all he's just another name on the shirt."

I don't get the big deal with Flacco.. Hes very average to me...

12 hours ago, Flugel said:

If watching Kizer didn't always feel like nails on a chalk board - I would have understood the hostility toward Poe.  How many times do we need to see a kid swing at a pinata and miss with blindfolds on before we realize there's gotta be a better way to produce some goodies?  We spent all of 2017 investing time, reps and growing pains on an inexperienced/inaccurate QB we weren't even going to keep around for 2018. That rated right up there with trading for/signing Brock O for 19 million $ with zero intentions + zero reasons for keeping him.

Let's do the Queer Eye for the Wrong Guy math here:                                                                                            Waste 2nd round pick on Kizer + waste 3rd round pick on Kessler + waste 19 million $ on a former Denver 2nd round pick (Brock O) = Finding what family history on this board traces all the way back to Cupid through Kevin Hogan (not to be confused with Ancestry.Com or the Incestry.Com that Ghoolie uses to find all his Hershey Highway buddies in black and gold)

I'll fess up here and say I enjoyed the trend of seeing Hogan outplay Kizer and Kessler at every opportunity.

Ah yes.... I'll never forget Hogan's one start... 1 TD 3 INTs... and 140 yards passing.... 113 net after subtracting his 4 sacks.

You go off the rails from time to time, Flugs, but rarely like this.

Osweiler was all about the 2nd round pick... which we still have BTW. And I am pretty sure that we did not know we weren't going to keep Kizer when we drafted him. In fact to find a lower cost QB bust than Kessler in a draft of ours you have to go back to Luke McCown in 2004.

Higher cost than Kizer? I'm sure you can rattle three relatively recent ones of the top of your head.

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ah yes.... I'll never forget Hogan's one start... 1 TD 3 INTs... and 140 yards passing.... 113 net after subtracting his 4 sacks.

I wouldn't expect any fan that cornered himself into over-protective mode for Kizer to want to forget the loss we had the only time he didn't start.  Here's some starts I'll never forget in the 15 games Kizer lost while he led the NFL in turnovers as someone hoping we had a better alternative than forfeit:

vrs Balt Kizer threw 0 TD 3 INT plus lost a fumble 

vrs Balt in the rematch Kizer threw 0 TD 2 INT and lost a fumble.

vrs TN  Kizer  threw 0 TD 2 INT

vrs NYJ Kizer threw 0 TD 1 INT and lost a fumble

vrs Jax Kizer threw 1 TD 2 INT and lost 2 fumbles

vrs Chi Kizer threw 0 TD 2 INT

vrs IND Kizer threw 2 TD 3 INT

vrs Cin Kizer threw 0 TD 1 INT

Here's the 2017 comparison:

Kizer 15 Games  0-15 rec 53.6 comp%  6.1 avg  11 TD 22 INT 38 sacks for 226 yds 60.5 rate

Hogan 4 Games 0-1 rec  61.3 comp%  6.9 avg  4 TD 5 INT 6 sacks for 35 yds 71.9 rate

Go ahead and slap a Kizer is wonderful tuxedo on this and splash all the cologne you have to on it.  

41 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

4 pages and counting on a QB who will not get a season worth of starts in his entire career. 

Et tu Dutch? 

Is your assss bleed from Kevin Hogan or your ongoing feud/frustration with Poe?   All I wanted was to see at least 1 alternative to starting the 0-15 Kizer that led the NFL in turnovers.  You DO understand it was Kizer we wasted the 2nd round pick on right?  15 attempts to square peg a round hole all with the same result.  It's like we watched the first Rocky Movie 15 times in hopes of a different conclusion.  Notre Dame was better after he left just like we're gonna be. 

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Et tu Dutch? 

Is your assss bleed from Kevin Hogan or your ongoing feud/frustration with Poe?   All I wanted was to see at least 1 alternative to starting the 0-15 Kizer that led the NFL in turnovers.  You DO understand it was Kizer we wasted the 2nd round pick on right?  15 attempts to square peg a round hole all with the same result.  It's like we watched the first Rocky Movie 15 times in hopes of a different conclusion.  Notre Dame was better after he left just like we're gonna be. 

It's not really that difficult Flugel, for some reason you are being extremely emotional regarding one Kevin Hogan.

It was obvious that Kizer was/is a project, yet the Browns named him starter from Day 1. That's on the Browns, not Kizer. They kept starting Kizer, though, because they wanted to see what they had in him. I have my doubts about Kizer's future as a starting QB (but he's in a much better place now for his development), but I have zero doubts about the future of one Kevin Hogan. He's a backup QB on a bad team at best. He has no future as a starting QB. 

And I will 100% admit that after seeing one and another stupid, mindless Kevin Hogan post from PoG, I laughed and laughed and laughed when Hogan was sent packing for the equivalent of HALF of a sixth round pick. Maybe you find him entertaining, or cute, but I and many, many others do not. Seeing his boy being shipped away was like Christmas Day. 

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

I wouldn't expect any fan that cornered himself into over-protective mode for Kizer...

Convenient narrative, but of facts not in evidence, my dear Flugsey...

I was not the one to state, "I enjoyed the trend of seeing Hogan outplay Kizer and Kessler at every opportunity." All it takes is one example to dismiss "every" and that's what I did.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's not really that difficult Flugel, for some reason you are being extremely emotional regarding one Kevin Hogan.

It was obvious that Kizer was/is a project, yet the Browns named him starter from Day 1. That's on the Browns, not Kizer. They kept starting Kizer, though, because they wanted to see what they had in him. I have my doubts about Kizer's future as a starting QB (but he's in a much better place now for his development), but I have zero doubts about the future of one Kevin Hogan. He's a backup QB on a bad team at best. He has no future as a starting QB. 

And I will 100% admit that after seeing one and another stupid, mindless Kevin Hogan post from PoG, I laughed and laughed and laughed when Hogan was sent packing for the equivalent of HALF of a sixth round pick. Maybe you find him entertaining, or cute, but I and many, many others do not. Seeing his boy being shipped away was like Christmas Day. 

You're normally one of my favorite smart asses to read and you're a damn good poster most of the time.  That said, which one of us complained about how many pages this thread has after contributing several posts to the length of it?

Try to get your mind off Poe long enough so you don't confuse this "Anything but Kizer fan" as me being anything different than that.  You can get that if you want to.     

If it makes you feel any better I would have held the same regard for Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen DeGeneres as Kevin Hogan as an alternative I'd prefer to the 15 forfeits we got out of the 2nd round QB here.  The sad inconvenient truth is when it all played out, Kevin Hogan had better passing stats than Kizer in pretty much every important passing category there is.  

Believe it or not Dutch, I join you in wanting to improve the QB position.  That said, we didn't just ship away Dorsey's late round QB from KC you are celebrating most.  We also shipped away a 19 million $ QB last training camp and a 2nd round QB and a QB we got at the top of round 3. My inventory shows a sum of 4 QBs this FO is left trying to upgrade while getting lower draft values back in exchange for (Kizer and Kessler); while the 2nd round Brock gets us the last pick of round 2 and the late round Hogan gets us to move up from pick #205 to pick #188.   Wouldn't it be nice if we started selecting the right QBs so we don't have to keep pretending we're all pumped about the lesser exchange values we keep getting back for these bad QB choices?  That's a lot of spinning the wheels only to still need a QB.   That probably brings us to the common ground of being glad we have a more experienced FO in charge this year.

Archived