THE BROWNS BOARD

John Dorsey - - - Chuck Noll

Orion

New Steelers coach Chuck Noll gathered his players and told them that he was hired to figure out why Mr. Rooney's team always lost.  Noll told the team that he looked at all of the game tape and knows why they lose all the time.  He said, "It's because of you guys".  He told them that they're just not very good.  They can't run fast or jump high and that frankly, he was going to have to replace most of them.

Now, Dorsey came in and said that the previous regime didn't get us any 'real football players'.  And the first thing he did was to trade for some.  -  Well, actually, the first thing he did was to get rid of that dopey WR we signed last year...but that was addition by subtraction.

Obviously I cannot say that Dorsey will be like Noll and that now that Dorsey is here the Browns will be winning multiple super bowls.  Heck, he hasn't drafted a player for the team yet.   And we have no idea how the guys that he traded for that are in the last year of their contract will work out for us and whether we can resign them or not.  But he sure as heck has been proactive in acquiring a QB that doesn't throw it to the other team all the time...and a WR that actually catches the damn ball.  He's signed a DB so that Peppers won't have to be playing goalie instead of being up closer to the LOS where he belongs.

The team is better right now than it's been in some years.  It's ALMOST like there's light at the end of the tunnel.  It's almost like we can have hope for the future.....instead of thinking, as I remember thinking, "We're phucked.  We've got a GM that doesn't believe in drafting WR's because they don't handle the ball enough."   

We needed someone to come in here...that actually KNOWS what he's doing and knows what it takes to become a successful football team.  

Haslam did something right.  He got rid of Sashi and immediately hired Dorsey so that he could have a whole month to watch the team play REAL football games.  And watch the players in the locker room and on the practice field.  He's primed..

Dear football Gods.......whaddaya say......ONE TIME....

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Keep Jimmy out of the draft room and tell Uncle Fester to shut the duck up!!!!!

Let Uncle Fester keep pretending he actually has a say in player selection. It makes  for a great smokescreen because you know he has nothing to do with it, but maybe other GMs do. Just keep talking like it counts.

45 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let Uncle Fester keep pretending he actually has a say in player selection. It makes  for a great smokescreen because you know he has nothing to do with it

^^^

Traded Day 2 picks for vets going into last year of their current contract... (none signed to extensions as of yet).

Traded away vets for Day 3 picks... released some deadwood.

Overpaid for middle-of-the-road UFAs...

Not seeing anything new so I've no issues restraining my enthusiasm until I see a little thing I like to call "The Draft" and the product on the field.

14 hours ago, Orion said:

New Steelers coach Chuck Noll gathered his players and told them that he was hired to figure out why Mr. Rooney's team always lost.  Noll told the team that he looked at all of the game tape and knows why they lose all the time.  He said, "It's because of you guys".  He told them that they're just not very good.  They can't run fast or jump high and that frankly, he was going to have to replace most of them.

Now, Dorsey came in and said that the previous regime didn't get us any 'real football players'.  And the first thing he did was to trade for some.  -  Well, actually, the first thing he did was to get rid of that dopey WR we signed last year...but that was addition by subtraction.

Obviously I cannot say that Dorsey will be like Noll and that now that Dorsey is here the Browns will be winning multiple super bowls.  Heck, he hasn't drafted a player for the team yet.   And we have no idea how the guys that he traded for that are in the last year of their contract will work out for us and whether we can resign them or not.  But he sure as heck has been proactive in acquiring a QB that doesn't throw it to the other team all the time...and a WR that actually catches the damn ball.  He's signed a DB so that Peppers won't have to be playing goalie instead of being up closer to the LOS where he belongs.

The team is better right now than it's been in some years.  It's ALMOST like there's light at the end of the tunnel.  It's almost like we can have hope for the future.....instead of thinking, as I remember thinking, "We're phucked.  We've got a GM that doesn't believe in drafting WR's because they don't handle the ball enough."   

We needed someone to come in here...that actually KNOWS what he's doing and knows what it takes to become a successful football team.  

Haslam did something right.  He got rid of Sashi and immediately hired Dorsey so that he could have a whole month to watch the team play REAL football games.  And watch the players in the locker room and on the practice field.  He's primed..

Dear football Gods.......whaddaya say......ONE TIME....

Orion, with all due respect, your post is a steaming pile of bullschidt. At the expense of using my time up on this idiotic issue, I am going to repost a few past topics for you to show you just how nonsensical and unrealistic your thoughts are. Each and every year, I go to war with guys like Gipper, Flugel, and Hoorta, who ASSURE me that the team is better.............. they point to new players they believe are upgrades, the draft picks that are SURELY going to bring us BIG BANG, and the new personnel who are FINALLY the brain trust we need.

Let me explain to you why this team is not better, and in fact may be worse than the 2017 version.

1) All I have heard from you dickheads for 10 years is how Joe Thomas is the most important player on the team. Blah, blah, blah, he keeps our QB safe, he is a HOF player, he is invaluable................ So now he is gone...........and what? None of you fukcers are following suit and worrying that the Offense is now diminished.

I mean which is it, dude? Are skilled players not as important as OL, OR as Ghoolie has taught, OL men don't mean a Shmucking thing? You can't have it both ways, dude. If JT is SOOOOOOO irreplaceable and SOOOOOOOO important...............why aren't you jackoffs clamoring for the Browns to use  #1  #1 on an OL? 

2) You guys are creating a pretend narrative like you are playing Ken and Barie about " Oh, don't worry, Dorsey has made it clear to Hue"  or " This is a clear sign that Dorsey is..." But it is BULLSCHIDT dude. Already Hue Jackson is 2 - 0 versus Dorsey. You guys just refuse to be realistic about it. Haslam told Dorsey EMPHATICALLY............ the HC choice is the owners call, and that Dorsey would NOT be Hue's boss. Now, you can slice this any fukcing make-believe way that you want, but Dorsey got put in his place from DAY ONE...............

Blabber on all you want about how authoritarian he is, but, he is not, he and Hue both report to Haslam................... HOWEVER..................... Haslam has NOT given instructions to HUE about the limits of his job description.........he HAS given Dorsey a directive about the LIMITATIONS of his job. You can fight it all you want, but Hue Jackson sits a wee bit higher up on Haslam's scale of hierarchy.

Also, Tie Rod Taylor is HUE's choice, not Dorsey's. Dorsey is known for drop back, thinking, pocket passers. Taylor is a black Tarkenton. He is a Hue type player.

3) You guys are fukcing morons if you think Haslam is going to all of a sudden "stay out of the draft room". He forced Manziel on the team, and he will force his will on Dorkey, just as he did Sashi.

4) Talent level is not why the Browns went 0 - 16. They played physically equal to almost every team they played. I have taught you guys each and every year that the biggest problems the Browns have are discipline, passion, focus and respect for the Browns. When I told you Williams defense would be no more effective that Hortons, you thought me to be nuts. Yet, even with the addition of our homosexual Zumba instructor, Williams defense fared no better. Just as I predicted.

Hue Jackson and Greg Williams are two peas in a pod. They are not leaders, they are " one of the boys" and they think speaking in euphemisms will deliver wins.

A simple, glaring example. Coleman drops passes. He dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have most likely given us a win against the Steelers. The Browns have done absolutely not a fukcking thing to eliminate that weakness. Joe Montana could have thrown the same pass, and he would have turned up a loser. The Browns make mistakes, they are clumsy, lazy, unattentive, lackadaisical, undisciplined, non-physical, careless, and penalty prone. The SAME EXACT leader who delivered this shidt the past two years is going o deliver it to you again.

Taylor, like RG 3, is going to get hurt early. If you believe all the bullschitd on this board about JT, with him out of the picture, Black Tarkenton is going to take even MORE hits than ever before. If the Browns wanted a run-first QB, why would they have let Kizer go? He is faster, younger, and more durable than the older Tie Rod. Taylor will go down, I promise you, and when he does, this "The Browns are better this year" falls apart. The team STILL has no QB philosophy. This is a glaring problem that will contine to keep the Browns in the 4 or less wins category. Sign Tie Rod, build an offense around his running style and then what.................... plug in the pocket passer that you drafted?

This team is a wreck, and Dorsey is a lame duck,  he is a media talking point, and nothing more. Hue is the problem, and Hue still runs the team.

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Orion, with all due respect, your post is a steaming pile of bullschidt.   -blah blah, etc., etc..

I knew the name Chuck Noll would bring you out of the woodwork.

The OL will most probably not be as good without Joe Thomas.  Hopefully it won't be pathetic.

Hue wanted his own Bengals QB McCaron........but Dorsey didn't want to clog up the QB position for multiple years with him so he brought in TieRod to man the position while his REAL QB learns the NFL QB position (see draft pick #1 overall).

Our D WAS in fact improved last year under Williams - although he played D mostly with 10 guys and Peppers down the other end of the field playing goalie.

Haslam in the draft room?   Yup, that's a problem.  I was hoping he'd be in jail by now.

Hue is still the HC?  Yup, that's a problem.....but I'm hoping that it's somewhat mitigated by the fact that Haley will be running the offense with mostly HIS offense.  (Haslam just does NOT know when to fire HC's)

To me, Dorsey has done things to better the team.  So I'm looking at the future with THAT in mind.  If he starts doing stupid things then obviously the future might be looked at differently.  But until then, there's reason for hope.  But it's a free country and people are allowed to view things negatively if it floats their boat.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

<<I knew the name Chuck Noll would bring you out of the woodwork.>> 

HOF Browns Player. Bednarik knocked him out cold, like I will knock out Zomlow the Drunk

<<The OL will most probably not be as good without Joe Thomas.  Hopefully it won't be pathetic.>>

You can't have it both ways. If JT is a HOF player, then the OL should be horrible in 2018. You don't lose Jim Brown and not notice it. You don't lose Marino and not backslide. I maintain that JT was a hyped up bag of schidt. you cannot point to one single improvement the O made with him, nore one single degradation once he got hurt. JT is a meaningless player.

<Hue wanted his own Bengals QB McCaron........but Dorsey didn't want to clog up the QB position for multiple years with him so he brought in TieRod to man the position while his REAL QB learns the NFL QB position (see draft pick #1 overall).>

This is TOTAL horseSock. DOrsey had nothing to do with this. Sashi and the FO fukcked up and were not timely with their offer. THe offer was already put together and approved. It was simply not formalized in time because of FO ineptness. Yes, Hue wanted AJ. Hue ALSO wanted TieRod.........look bro, this is the THIRD Black Tarkenton we have attianed. You simply do not bring in a run-first QB when your intention is to turn the team over to a drop back passer. THere is no documentation that Doresy overrode Hue. The evidence shows just the opposite. Dorsey likes pocket passers, Hue doesn't...............WHO WON Orion? Who won?

<Our D WAS in fact improved last year under Williams - although he played D mostly with 10 guys and Peppers down the other end of the field playing goalie.>

NOT SO. It was more aggressive and blitzed more, but it fared no better than Hortons. Every opponent got the best of our D.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

<Haslam in the draft room?   Yup, that's a problem.  I was hoping he'd be in jail by now.<<

Hue runs the show. Haslam wants blacks running the show. Hue, and Black Tarkentons will continue to be the story. Dorsey will be gone in 2 years. He  best not give Hue problems

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Hue is still the HC?  Yup, that's a problem.....but I'm hoping that it's somewhat mitigated by the fact that Haley will be running the offense with mostly HIS offense.  (Haslam just does NOT know when to fire HC's)

To me, Dorsey has done things to better the team.  So I'm looking at the future with THAT in mind.  If he starts doing stupid things then obviously the future might be looked at differently.  But until then, there's reason for hope.  But it's a free country and people are allowed to view things negatively if it floats their boat.

11 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You can't have it both ways. If JT is a HOF player, then the OL should be horrible in 2018.

C'mon man.  Do the guzintas.  The OL is a FIVE man operation.  The loss of ONE piece should not in and of itself turn the unit into 'horrible'.  (unless he's replaced by Cam Erving)

guzintas...one guzinta two...two guzinta four....

Marino played QB - a whole different story (and I thought you hated Marino...couldn't you think of someone you liked?)

Jim Brown played RB....back when defensive players were players that weren't good enough to play offense.  And it's apples and oranges comparing an OLineman to a skill position that handles the ball.  The OLineman enhances the skilled position players' abilities.  Or hampers their abilities if they suck (like the Giants OL of last year).

1 hour ago, Orion said:

C'mon man.  Do the guzintas.  The OL is a FIVE man operation.  The loss of ONE piece should not in and of itself turn the unit into 'horrible'.  (unless he's replaced by Cam Erving)

guzintas...one guzinta two...two guzinta four....

Marino played QB - a whole different story (and I thought you hated Marino...couldn't you think of someone you liked?)

Jim Brown played RB....back when defensive players were players that weren't good enough to play offense.  And it's apples and oranges comparing an OLineman to a skill position that handles the ball.  The OLineman enhances the skilled position players' abilities.  Or hampers their abilities if they suck (like the Giants OL of last year).

So what you are saying....... is what I have been saying all along. Offensive linemen ARE a dime-a-dozen. The loss of a HOF caliber OL is NOT that big of a deal. So dude, if the LOSS of JT is not that big of a deal................ then the SIGNING of JT was NOT that big of a deal.

You can't have it both ways. For 10+ years I had to hear how great JT was and what a difference maker he is. SO if we lose him, then the impact has to be equally dramatic.

Look man, if you add 5 pounds of sugar to a recipe it makes the mix sweet. If you take the 5 pounds away, then the mix is not sweet.

For fukc sake, WHICH ONE IS IT................ did Joe Thomas make a HUGE impact or not? If he did, then losing him will diminish the team in the same amount that he ENHANCED IT. i If, losing him results in the Browns winning 10 games next year then CLEARLY what I have maintained all along is indeed 100 CORRECTAMUNDO. Offensive linemen are interchangeable, they don't make much of a fukcing impact, and when you lose them, you don't really suffer that much.

If the Browns win some games, and JT is gone, then ABSOLUTELY everyone here has to agree with me, AND PAUL BROWN......you do not waste a fukcing #1 pick on a lard asss OL who doesn't measurably affect the team when he plays, or when he retires.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

For fukc sake, WHICH ONE IS IT.

Before we signed JT we had a 7th round pick of the Falcons manning the LT position.  Our QB's were getting pounded since the team's return.  Ask Tim Couch.

LT is arguably the most important position on the OL...protecting the QB's blind side.  JT did a great job over.  NO, the LT (OL in general) doesn't throw TD passes, catch the ball and/or run with it.  It is NOT JT's fault that the Browns were totally inept at drafting talented skill players.  THAT has been the problem.  THAT is why our team has sucked all this time.  Don't blame the HOF LT.  He was only ONE first round pick.  And it was a HOF pick.  Blame the OTHER picks.

Your football team will NOT improve if you make as many LOUSY first round picks as the Browns...CONSISTENTLY, YEAR AFTER YEAR.  But don't blame the one GOOD pick.

Archived