THE BROWNS BOARD

Brandin Cooks traded again...

LondonBrown

Goes to the Rams along with NE’s 6th round pick in exchange for the 23rd pick and the Rams 4th rounder. 

Pats have two firsts and two two’s now, do they fancy moving up for a QB...?

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wow... now we have to redo our draft! :)

Rams are wheelin' 'n' dealin' this offseason.

Indeed. They are basically going all in for the next couple seasons. I wonder if they'll be in salary cap hell.

What’s odd about the two Cooks trades is he’s still on his rookie deal so wasn’t costing the Saints or Patriots much at all 

You would assume the Rams are going to pay him having given up a first in the last year of his deal

Belicheck "them's the team rules" but this is getting very Bill'ish..Former brown Johnson Bademosi stepped in for a un-announce game suspension of Pro Bowler Malcolm Butler.:huh: may have cost 51 other Pats a SB ring?(repeat..May have!) M. Butler is out at Pats. Bademosi is now in Houston..AFC title game vs. Jags, Cooks gets 8 targets,6 catches=100 yards.Cooks in SB,gets 2 targets,1 catch=23 Yards..them's the Bill brakes..swim in it, chowder heads..   

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Belicheck "them's the team rules" but this is getting very Bill'ish..Former brown Johnson Bademosi stepped in for a un-announce game suspension of Pro Bowler Malcolm Butler.:huh: may have cost 51 other Pats a SB ring?(repeat..May have!) M. Butler is out at Pats. Bademosi is now in Houston..AFC title game vs. Jags, Cooks gets 8 targets,6 catches=100 yards.Cooks in SB,gets 2 targets,1 catch=23 Yards..them's the Bill brakes..swim in it, chowder heads..   

He also got knocked out early in game

12 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

He also got knocked out early in game

good to know someone was watching the SB.. actually sober;)

38 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

good to know someone was watching the SB.. actually sober;)

Don't drink, so yeah I was lol 

5 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

Now they will trade Gronk the 2 1sts and a 3rd for Clevelands 4th.

If the Pats wouldn't trade us Garropolo for one of our seconds- we're not dealing with them for our #4. :) Nah the #23 and #31 aren't close to fair value for the #4, throwing in the third rounder, that gets you to the Colts at #7. But I doubt any team drafting in the top 10 will be interested in moving down that far. 

Personally- not interested in Gronk, though reportedly a 4th round pick might do it. He's only been healthy 2 (& his first 2 BTW) out of his 8 seasons. Availability is the best ability. 

8 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

They ain't tradin' up for Barkley...

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

3:09 PM - 3 Apr 2018

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

They ain't tradin' up for Barkley...

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

3:09 PM - 3 Apr 2018

Silly season speculation Tour.....  the Pats would have to give up something crazy. (see below).  

Just perusing the draft order- who are the teams high up enough that they could trade with to snag Rosen? G-Men? Nope. Jets? Nope. Browns?  LOL both firsts and Brady- then we can talk.  :lol::lol::lol:  Also you have the possibility the Bills and Dolphins may try to trade up. After that it's 

Denver Broncos
6. Indianapolis Colts
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Oakland Raiders

Pats now have two firsts and two 2nds in this draft, h.

Also have a 40-yo starter and no future, franchise QB.

Bill Belichick demands a lot from players, so someone who needs to be “challenged intellectually” and asks questions in order to understand things shouldn’t be a concern for him. There’s a line there somewhere, as Belichick or offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels won’t want to be questioned at a lot of turns. But Rosen’s intelligence and related curiosity will be shaped into strengths within the Patriots’ structure, better than anywhere else in the NFL right now.

https://fansided.com/2018/04/03/new-england-patriots-josh-rosen-nfl-draft/

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Conspiracy time.  Patriots are pumping Darnold, mayfield,  barkley, and Allen to get Rosen to fall. Patriots then make a deal and move up,  get the Josh to learn from the best. 

Now is the time when teams really start with the fake news, rumours, everybody’s guess time.

High stakes poker, this should be an exciting draft R1 and R2 this year......I just wish they were on the same day.

......edit add, and 35th anniversary of the great 1983 quarterback draft and 20th anniversary of the 1, 2 Peyton Manning,  Ryan Leaf draft, more lessons to be learned? Great deals and busts? Does someone find their franchise quarterback? 

14 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Goes to the Rams along with NE’s 6th round pick in exchange for the 23rd pick and the Rams 4th rounder. 

Am I reading this right? Rams got fleeced.

Zombo

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Am I reading this right? Rams got fleeced.

Zombo

I think Bill pulled the wool over their eyes with this trade ....

14 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Indeed. They are basically going all in for the next couple seasons. I wonder if they'll be in salary cap hell.

Definitely their plan. Assuming they don't have a dramatic drop-off Gurley and Goff alone are gonna demand mega contract in two years time. They've made moves to win the SB, and on paper they're gonna be a tough damn team. It'll be interesting to see how it pays off for em.

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not seeing fleeced here...

Ehhh ... a first and a fourth for Cooks and a 6th?

Understand, Rams need a deep threat for their QB ... but now they've got to pay this guy big time ... the #23 pick was going to be cheap.

But, I'm aware that this is not a wr laden draft, so the Lambs figured they've got to get their guy at any price.

Some thoughts on these teams:

Rams are this year's "Dream Team" ... bringing in lots of big names and spending money Now, while they have Goff on the cheap, which makes sense, those contracts will expire when Goff is up for a big extension and he'll be expected to do more of the carrying then. Strike now while you can ... probably the early favorites in the NFC ... or maybe NFL?

Three things could derail their SB dreams: 1 Goff does not progress into superstardom 2 Bringing guys like Suh and Marcus Peters... great individual talents, but at what price team chemistry? 3 Coaching ... maybe McVeigh gets figured out and has sophomore slump? Maybe the golf course is looking good to 70+ Wade Phillips.

But good on them for going all in.

Patriots are making a lot of bicurious moves. Let the LT walk. Let the RT walk. Let Amadola and Lewis walk, traded the deep threat instead of extending him. Conspiracy theorists unite: Kraft forced the Garrapolo trade on Bill, Bill setting Brady up for failure (looking his age) this year in Machiavellian power move.

Zombo

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ehhh ... a first and a fourth for Cooks and a 6th?

Well for starters it was a 1st and 6th for Cooks and a 4th... picks were scrambled in early reporting. But that's the minor point...

Major Point: Try finding as sure of a thing at WR with your first round pick as Cooks. They are far and few between.

Here's the list since 2000... there are 73 picks... I counted 9 proven studs. That's one in eight... a rate much lower than it is for landing your franchise QB in round one.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2000&year_max=2017&draft_round_min=1&draft_round_max=1&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&pick_type=overall&pos[]=wr&conference=any&show=all&order_by=default

On 4/4/2018 at 2:17 AM, Tour2ma said:

Pats now have two firsts and two 2nds in this draft, h.

Also have a 40-yo starter and no future, franchise QB.

I know that Tour- plus the two seconds. Can we say- no doubt Rosen will go top 10, and probably top 5? The Jets set the bar, giving up the #7 and three second round picks just to move up to #3. MHO- no team in the top 5 is going to be interested in moving down to #23 and #31, certainly not the Browns- they've been burned far too often going that route. My uneducated guess? For the Pats to trade with the Broncos, It would take both firsts, both seconds, and a future first. 

Pats got lucky to get so much for him.  They obviously saw deficiencies in his game, as the Saints did.  Both feeling drafting a young WR or finding another some other way would be a better choice than keeping him and paying him what they might have had to in a year.  Just the fact that they put him on the market, I would have thought would have signaled the Rams that he wasn't worth near what the Pats gave for him a year earlier.  A 2nd rounder would have seemed more appropriate for him to me.

3300 receiving yards and appeared in every game in past three years?

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

For the Pats to trade with the Broncos, It would take both firsts, both seconds, and a future first. 

Could be in that ball park... could be less. Maybe the Jets that overpaid...

Archived