THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkley at 4 Dorsey don’t play that game

Babernakle

All signs turn to Darnold at 1.  Now browns fans keep your mouths shut and let him set for a year.  Onto pick 4.  Dorsey has never picked a running back that high.  Unlike he changes his was that work.  More than likely it will be what is the most pressing need between dB which would be fitz or de which would be chubb.  Most likely Barkley will go to Denver if they don’t trade out of the 5 spot.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The Tower of Babernakle???

Maybe I should go use my Mod powers and change was to ways. Gosh, rough crowd when he misses a "y". Make you guys happy?  :)  

4 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

I think the browns are trading down at #4. 

They're in a situation where they can have their cake and eat it too.  (draft a QB that won't play AND a blue chipper that WILL play)

DON'T put the cake in the freezer and trade down.  PICK the blue chipper and eat the cake!  Please!

12 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Get your popcorn ready, because I think the browns are trading down at #4. 

For what more draft picks? They're loaded with picks now that they will have a tough time finding spots for. Quality not quantity in 2018.

Maybe trade up? Dump some of the 10 left?

......oh yeah congratulations again on the Miracle on the Hardwood tournament,  exciting finish, tour was already planning his victory speech and parade .   :lol:

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

I think the whole "Dorsey doesn't draft RB's that high" is overused. He's also never had 2 picks in the top 4 not has he had a chance to draft a back like Barkley. 

He sure has had the opportunity to draft a back like Barkley, not top 10 in stats and became "THE GUY" after a good workout at the underwear olympics

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Allen at #1. Trade #4 to Buffalo for #12 and #22 plus several more picks  .  The Browns will have 2 starters from day one and a QB that will sit and learn for a year.

Or Allen @ #22 where he belongs. We can trade up into the round to get there. Keep #4.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or Allen @ #22 where he belongs. We can trade up into the round to get there. Keep #4.:rolleyes:

That would be the appropriate way to acquire Allen...

17 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I dont think we take a corner that early ........

9 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I dont think we take a corner that early ........

RB for one of them at least. most think were trading at least one of them?33 or 35(up or down). maybe a falling LT(C.Williams)/FS(Reid)/DT(hurst)

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Certainly reasonable. I still see the trade down at #4 as viable as it can land you in the primo DB and LB value area.

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Saquon Barkley spotted wearing Giants hoodie ahead of draft

https://search.app.goo.gl/JvAik

Shared from my Google feed

Thank God.. He has bust , written all over him...

He'll be trading that blue in for orange in about a week- don't you worry about that ;) 

Hearing it was a gift from the Giants, looks like a little false hope that he'll fall all the way to #2 :) 

36 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

He'll be trading that blue in for orange in about a week- don't you worry about that ;) 

Hearing it was a gift from the Giants, looks like a little false hope that he'll fall all the way to #2 :) 

You mean as in bronco orangeYou mean as in bronco orange

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Got $100 that says the Browns don't take him at #1. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Got $100 that says the Browns don't take him at #1. 

Thatta boy!  My biggest worry with that scenario of Barkley 1st is it would allow the FO the chance to say we didn't take Allen 1st overall.  Then we gag watching 2 way better QBs than Josh Allen get drafted prior to hearing his name selected by the Browns at #4.  This allows a few teams drafting after us to take much better QBs as well.  IMO, Allen at #4 is a much bigger Russian Roulette than Barkley at #1.  Having said that, the Silly Season Sensation has been destroying every defense without pass rushers, DBs and LBers he's faced indoors this off season.  Now, he's the next Kyle Boller moving on up because of how far he can throw the ball in spite of disappointing completion percentages.

We can't keep messing up these 2 picks in round 1.  The last time we got both picks right was in 1978 with Ozzie Newsome and Clay Matthews. Coincidentally, the 80s became the the decade we made the playoffs most frequently in the last 40-50 years. 

On 4/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, Westside Steve said:

Saquon Barkley spotted wearing Giants hoodie ahead of draft

https://search.app.goo.gl/JvAik

Shared from my Google feed

Well, he's from the Bronx, soo...

Hey, if the Giants take him at #2, good for the Giants, good for Barkley ... Not bad for the Browns. That leaves one of the Top 3 QBs on the board when we are at bat and we control the market. We could theoritically trade down for more draft collateral and still get Chubb who could be our BPA all along...

Zombo

16 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well, he's from the Bronx, soo...

Hey, if the Giants take him at #2, good for the Giants, good for Barkley ... Not bad for the Browns. That leaves one of the Top 3 QBs on the board when we are at bat and we control the market. We could theoritically trade down for more draft collateral and still get Chubb who could be our BPA all along...

Zombo

It's all smoke and mirrors from here on out to draft night. They are all playing the silly season game trying to outfox all the guessers from rival draft teams.

Archived