THE BROWNS BOARD

Jeff Janis Signed.

darren15

On 4/2/2018 at 1:09 PM, LaDexter said:

Then again, one team spent a First Round pick on Cam Erving and failed to notice he was an OT, not an interior OL....

and, now, who needs an OLT and who isn't a Brown....???

Nice going, Hue....

It didn't matter where the Browns played Cam, he usually ended up on his back faster than a crack whore.

Jeff Janis will be playing some "smear the queers" defending kick/punt returns in the always lucky #13 unie Jersey.. Who've been Janis'd

3 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Don’t be surprised when he becomes the #3 receiver like Jordy Nelson and Can’t catch Coleman gets traded on draft day.

He'll be a special teamer.

But you're probably right about Coleman being traded. Ricardo Louis, a draft pick and Richard Higgins will probably fill out our receiving corps.

Zombo

8 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Wow.... just wow...

The fact that Janis has played NFL football for 4 years as a WR... yeah, he has no idea what's the difference between man and zone.... OK....zzzzzzz

Roll coverages, keys, combo coverages, pattern matching, half field and switches, primary, secondary... I could keep going.     This is where I end the conversation.  Your education on the position sounds like it came from Madden. 

22 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Like I said initially, there are those who understand, think, and ask questions, and those who parrot and insist whoever they parrot "knows best."

Jeff Janis has demonstrated excellent ability to tackle, turn, track the ball, high point, and there wasn't a corner in the NFL who could cover him.  The only thing that stopped Jeff from becoming a great NFL receiver is a pair of hands that caught nothing but floaters in college and cannot reliably catch a zipped pass.  For one game, his hands worked.  For the rest of them, that is why Rodgers didn't want him on the Pack.

An NFL receiver is well schooled in the variety of coverages NFL secondaries use.  They also know a thing or two about route trees and what NFL receivers do....

But until a "guru" says that, parrots won't accept it.... and the Browns may very well waste a chance to develop a db prospect here with unlimited upside.... only to insist that a failed WR remain a failed WR because that's what the parrots are parroting...

I can't tell you I've watched the guy but like I said earlier, I'm not against the little experiment to see what happens while he remains a special teams ace.    Dude could be the next Jason Sehorn for all I know,  but there is a difference between identifying individual coverage and adjusting offensively when compared to having to play at an elite level defensively and every bit as fast while working on a side of the field he hasn't seen in at least 10 years.    My point is that he isn't here to be a difference maker on the field offensively himself, he's here mainly to help with imparting knowledge to other young offensive players.    But there is zero indication our coaching staff intends to use him this way so the argument is pretty moot.    I"m just here to highlight the short-comings of your argument like he should be plug and play.

That said, You've yet to refute ANY of my points since you spouted out "ZOMG IT"S JUST ZONE OR MAN" which I clearly identified as cowpoop.   All you've done is talk about tropical birds.  I'm not insisting anything, and I'm one of the few on this board that could give a rat butt about what somebody paid to entertain but not educate me has to say (ESPN)  But coming from someone who played/plays DB - it's far more cerebral than many give credit for.  That's why I get pretty passionate when dumbasses (like yourself) relegate it to just the physical aspects.    

1 minute ago, LaDexter said:

You have the reading comprehension skills of a tropical bird and the honesty of Algore.

It takes no intelligence at all to be a parrot.  One thing about parrots, they get really mad when whatever they parrot gets questioned....

I don't care if you question me or anyone else for that matter, just make sure you come back with something that actually argues my point(s).   

1 - Jeff wasn't signed for anything more than offense and special teams

2 - Cool concept and idea, it would be fun to watch but I'd be willing to bet damn near everything I own it doesn't happen so you're arguing something beyond hypothetical.  His roster spot will again fall to his contributions on offense and special teams.  

3 - Playing DB is much more difficult than how you have tried to simplify it.  

Are we in agreement on these things? Yes or no?

2 hours ago, LaDexter said:

So it is oh so very important to never look at him at db in the offseason.

Thanks, POLLY

Aaaaaaand ignore.     Get at me when you want a conversation.  Given your posts on the poli board, that appears unlikely. 

Archived