THE BROWNS BOARD

reddit Prospect Tracker

Tour2ma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tiamat63 said:

Not necessarily - before the heart I said late 1st. 20-25ish.   Not unrealistic to expect him available at 33 or 35

Would you be interested in him there tia?

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

I would consider him at #4...

On 3/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, The Gipper said:

What do you mean NO?

The answer is YES:   A.  Yes...he apparently did have  a heart issue....even if it is supposedly "cleared"  and YES....it could very well affect  where he would get picked. 

He was rated a possible Top Ten pick.   With this info....he may still be a Top Ten pick....Top Ten in the second or third round.

Not all irregular EKGs are significant Gip.   

On 3/30/2018 at 6:23 PM, Nero said:

Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post... :rolleyes:

I hope you got the EKG (electro cardio gram) part.  DRG- Diagnosis related group. (broken arm). PPO preferred provider organization. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Essentially USA privacy rights- you have to have a need to know before they release medical information. I couldn't even reorder my wife's prescriptions without her signing a form authorizing me to do so. Hehe- back in the good old 70s we had a celebrity patient in our hospital- George Carlin was in a car accident, and I mean everyone knew about it,  what room he was in & what was wrong with him. Now, you can get fired for spreading that information. 

46 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Like me some Mo, but he ain't Donald nor Don 2.0.      I'm not going top 5 for Donald Lite either.  

I'm not saying he is. I'm saying a lot of teams are looking for their own Donald. Driving the price up of prospects in the mold of Donald

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken? Ehhhh.......  

How is that relevant? Every draft is different. I'm pretty sure Donald would go at #4 in this draft... not that Hurst is Donald.

I'm fully on record as not seeing elite, non-QB talent at #4 and wanting to trade down. But if I am stuck at #4, a medically cleared Hurst is in my mix. Do I end up taking him there? Dunno... it may come down to the drop off I see to my other candidates at varying stages in the draft, and DT is one of the deeper positions.

Mo Hurst is certainly in the mix.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/1/17185674/with-the-4th-pick-in-the-2018-nfl-draft  Most Bills fan forums think it will take 2 more trades to get a top 4 QB..I'd suggest the Bills get to Colts first.(sure it takes two) I'd let Bills screw Elway #5 from screwing the pooch again at QB, sliding back from #4 to #6 with Bills.most Bills fans like Allen in whether of Buffalo possiblly saving Elway(again) But Am not a big fan, of passing up this kind of falling talent (Ward/Chubb included) due to QB madness. I'd drink a 6 pack sweating it out to pick #12 :). #DorseyDungeonofmisery..    

On 4/1/2018 at 6:02 PM, Tour2ma said:

How is that relevant? Every draft is different. I'm pretty sure Donald would go at #4 in this draft... not that Hurst is Donald.

I'm fully on record as not seeing elite, non-QB talent at #4 and wanting to trade down. But if I am stuck at #4, a medically cleared Hurst is in my mix. Do I end up taking him there? Dunno... it may come down to the drop off I see to my other candidates at varying stages in the draft, and DT is one of the deeper positions.

Fair point that every draft is different and I, like you, don't see that "franchise" level player outside of our first time agreement on a QB.      Chubb, to me, will be a very good player and will sniff a pro bowl or two.  So I realize I have to over pick a tad.  But getting a potential Griffin or as another article referenced, Chris long type - is worth top 5 right now simply because of the strength it adds to our edge rush.

I don't see Mo as worth the... "over investment"  (let's call it that)  

Should we trade down from 4? Shmuck yeah ill be interested.   But before that? Not so much. 

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

1 hour ago, Orion said:

.....so we had Baykrr in for a meeting today.  Wonder how it went.....

We should ask Po... he has a "source"... ;)

26 minutes ago, syd said:

rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

Hey Dutch are you still thinking about a draft questions list?

Pick no, player, team in R1? This might be fun!

49 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

oh excuse me my bad I meant the Browns trading back up into the first round for the Seahawks pick 

57 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Dutch are you still thinking about a draft questions list?

Pick no, player, team in R1? This might be fun!

Yeah, I might still do one. I'll try to think of some questions, see if it works...

First time in a decade or so I didn't do a Tribe one... Doesn't seem like there's an interest on this board for it.

43 minutes ago, syd said:

oh excuse me my bad I meant the Browns trading back up into the first round for the Seahawks pick 

Oh yes, you are right... I forgot about that rumor.

I could definitely see the Browns packaging a couple 2nd rounders to move back into the 1st too... 

The only thing that would surprise me is if they just sit and take five guys at the five spots they are at today in Rounds 1 and 2. 

On 3/29/2018 at 5:31 PM, Tour2ma said:

Brought this to our Board last year and some folks found it to be of interest. Same as last year it's authored by one of the r/browns mainstays, VonJeager.

Here's the link to his spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H5155Pr1saJyf-NXW13zUJJIqhnPT4gzLVE0JOQJmEI/edit#gid=0

Here's the text of his latest update...

=======================================================================================================================

have ya seen any updates from VonJeager,Tour? thanks..can we get better than Rod Johnson at LT depth waiting till 4th round?(no 3rds now) 

Rod "Errrr" Rick.. Johnson.... AKA-- Rod or dik Johnson?....ma ma <<<(she the only one that counts) named Roderick Johnson (we did draft him last season as Myles Garrett ragdoll tackling block) from the school of fan chopping Camella Erving's;) (could ya tell or smell that was going to be a good pick as he sat behind Big Irv? no wonder Sashi last name was Brown :P)

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Rod "Errrr" Rick.. Johnson.... AKA-- Rod or dik Johnson?....ma ma <<<(she the only one that counts) named Roderick Johnson (we did draft him last season as Myles Garrett ragdoll tackling block) from the school of fan chopping Camella Erving's;) (could ya tell or smell that was going to be a good pick as he sat behind Big Irv? no wonder Sashi last name was Brown :P)

shiner dick.jpg

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

shiner dick.jpg

Steeler:  They found his old Center in nascar years later..(formally known as Mike Webster) 

when your 0-16, it's the longest offseason ever..     

54 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

when your 0-16, it's the longest offseason ever..     

I dunno. When your 1-15 only because of a missed FG, that off-season seemed longer somehow. This one at least held promise of a lot of better positioned draft picks.

Archived