THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Schedule Thread

The Gipper

Well these motherShmuckers in the NFL Office could not have screwed me over worse. Any game that I had a thought of going to as a road game is almost 99% off the board.  If they had just switched the Houston in the New Orleans game that would've been perfect but no Shmuck no. I can't do New Orleans in mid-September.  I have conflicts and other issues. I thought about Denver in like mid October but Shmuck now they put Denver in the goddamn winter. The only possible  trip would be Houston but that would add three whole days to my Louisiana track/trip which I did not want to do so I may not be going . Shmucking Shmucktard's

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never predict records or game results, but am damn glad we open with the Steelers at home. A win in THAT game would just be more meaningful...far more so than JUST a home opener win against any other Team.

Mike

8 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

am damn glad we open with the Steelers at home. A win in THAT game would just be more meaningful..

Mike

Corey Coleman actually catches the game winning TD, woof

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Well Bob, I guess miracles CAN happen.  :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd rather we win big as opposed to depending on Coleman!

Mike

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

at Denver game.. is a Saturday game at 4:30.. TV by NFL Network..seems rare. or network moveable in week 15? 

I'm pretty sure they did this last season too ( for the Saturday games).  

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I thought about Denver in like mid October but Shmuck now they put Denver in the goddamn winter. 

Denver's weather is weird. 

They could have a foot of snow during a late October game, but have 65 degrees for a playoff game in January. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man, it does not look promising for Hue to still be the head coach after the bye week.

The NFL might agree.. after bye Hue week.. 6 games remain with only 2 at home...Hue who?

So our best shot at getting a win is week 11, and I'm not even sure about that one...

Us Playing Pisspuke is an almost must win after the last 2 seasons and all the promises from the front office and other personal so the 1st game is going to say a lot and if we don't win Hue mite as well just give it up then. Many people are over the Browns after 1 win in 2 seasons and kept the coach, so if we go in to week 1 and kick some butt against a team many would like to see #^^& then that mite get people who were on the fence to come on back. I don't care about any other game as much as I do about the 2 against Pisspuke. I live way to close to that nasty Sheet city and even find myself at the Pisspuke airport 2 or 3 days per week (sometimes 6 days) And when I don't have to go to the airport itself I am still very close to the city.

Looking at what our next week opponents are doing? 1.) We get Pittsburg coming off 2 Bye weeks. one a long off season bye. At Pitts. week 8. Pitts. Bye is week 7.(insert flip bird emoji here) 2.)Playing week 3 TNF we get 10 days prep to go to Oakland week 4.(hey Chuckie, can we leave Hue a QB coach?) 3.) The following week we get Ravens at home after Ravens play at Pitts. on SNF. 4.) during our bye week ,Cinn. will be at Ravens 5.)Going to Houston(again) we get Houston on a short week after a MNF game at Houston with Titans. 6.) Week 15 on a Saturday in Denver on NFL network..beware of Flex NFL scheduling?... once again, somehow our schedule appears to carry more weight than the Ratbirds & Ben'sGals..  Go Browns!!  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

WHY? They gave the Steelers a bye the first game... 

Because the opener at home vs. Pitt is the one the browns want to win really really   bad....and they almost did.

Funny how in the opener Pitt won because of a magnificent catch by A. Brown toward the end of the game....and the other game the browns wanted to win really really bad, the season finale ..... how Pitt won because of a stupid drop by a wide open Coleman toward the end of the game.

What a complete shock that we got completely screwed yet again.  Pittsburgh game 1?  At the Saints game 2?  I mean, REALLY?!!!!

30 minutes ago, hish747 said:

How does an 0 and 16 team get the the 5th hardest schedule when New England gets one of the easiest??? 

WhatTheMuthaSchmuckingPhuc!

I mean, schedules are predetermined years in advance. The schedule breaks down to 6 games in division, 4 playing an NFC division (NFC South), 4 playing AFC division (AFC West), and the remaining two are the equal teams from the other AFC divisions (so this year, Jets and Texans)

So really it's just luck of the draw, but it can't be stated enough that the AFC north has been the best division in football over a decade too. NFC south has been extremely competitive too the past 3 years.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Because the opener at home vs. Pitt is the one the browns want to win really really   bad....and they almost did.

Funny how in the opener Pitt won because of a magnificent catch by A. Brown toward the end of the game....and the other game the browns wanted to win really really bad, the season finale ..... how Pitt won because of a stupid drop by a wide open Coleman toward the end of the game.

True, even though I hate your team.

I'm just not a fan of inter-division opening games, no matter who is involved. I'd rather see all teams play a game or two before entering into divisional play.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man, it does not look promising for Hue to still be the head coach after the bye week.

Agree... I don't think 2-8 at the break is going to cut it.

On a positive note... "2-8 at the break" does have a rhythm and flow to it.

In doing some review of matters.....the only road game that I would have an interest in attending would be the Houston game on Dec. 2.   

But only if a crew from the Board here is also going to be attending, so we could meet up. 

That is when I had hoped they would schedule the Saints game, and when I would like to do one of my "Discover America" trips that would take me to New Orleans/Lafayette/Shreveport/Jackson Miss.....a trip that has been on my "bucket list" for some time now.  Adding the game in Houston would just add a couple of days to that trip.  

In fact, Houston may be a good spot to fly in and out of, as I may be able to get a direct flight for less $$. Plus, maybe my daughter could come over from San Antonio and we could go to the game together.  I think she styles herself a Texans fan now somewhat.

As I said, I know a group is likely to go to New Orleans for the Sept. 16 game.  That is just not doable for me.  I will have been coming off another trip just before then....plus, I really want no part of the 90+ temps and humidity in N.O. that time of year.  (I guess I could tolerate it....if not for my conflict). 

I know some are going to Tampa.  Again, not doable for me, for other "political" reasons.  The wife wants to do a trip to the Naples area sometime...and I would want to reserve any SW FLA trip for her, and she can't make during the school year.

Some of you may be wanting to go to Denver....but if I did Denver, I would also want to see a lot of the rest of Colorado and spend a week doing that. But December 15 is too close to Xmas, and it is basically winter by then.

So....it looks like HOUSTON or Bust.

Let me know if any of you are also thinking along those lines. 

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

The overseas wankers are leaning towards the thursday night Jets game but planning and discussion is ongoing. 

Too bad they did not also schedule a home game for the previous Sunday......then they...and you could have come in for 2 games back to back.    But, again, no....the NFL is not going to do the Browns or their fans....any favors when it comes to the schedule.  Not at all.

Heard a couple comments abut the Raiders travel requirements for the 2018 season...

• They log the most miles of all teams... not unusual for them to be at or near the top.
  • In just their travel for the London game they will log more miles than 5 teams will the entire season. Three of these teams are in the AFCE: Pats, Jets and Bills.

Also the networks are looking forward to big things from SF who have been scheduled for more Night games than any other team. I believe the total was 5.

It looks like I have enough Skymiles to even get a free flight to Houston on the dates I would travel.....so that helps a lot budgetwise.

Before I would commit to booking that flight, like I said, I would want there to be a few of us going.   I had to pay cancellation fees last year, and don't want to do that again.

31 minutes ago, hish747 said:

So what your saying is...even the fates are against us. Thanks, I feel worse now... :-o

Hey, I've been half joking, half serious that based on the incredible failure this organization has been that it's time to start sacrificing chickens at mid field. It's only stupid if it doesn't work as I like to say.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

It looks like I have enough Skymiles to even get a free flight to Houston on the dates I would travel.....so that helps a lot budgetwise.

Before I would commit to booking that flight, like I said, I would want there to be a few of us going.   I had to pay cancellation fees last year, and don't want to do that again.

Probably will make the trip again Gip. The Space City BB set things up pretty well.   I'll assume they're booking the same hotel, if it was any closer to the stadium, it would be in the parking lot. Was pretty reasonable too. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Probably will make the trip again Gip. The Space City BB set things up pretty well.   I'll assume they're booking the same hotel, if it was any closer to the stadium, it would be in the parking lot. Was pretty reasonable too. 

If you would want to room up together for a couple of nights, I can get a Hampton nearby for like only between $49.00=$69 a night plus tax.  That is, if my daughter does not want to come over.

19 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, I believe that. I also believe that Stormy Daniels is on her way over to sit on my face.  

Archived