THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Schedule Thread

The Gipper

I know that the Schedule will be released in like 2 and a half weeks......but I thought I would get a thread started and ready for it.  Here are the Browns opponents this year:

I am going to suspect that the schedule makers will do the Browns no real favors by  giving them some potentially winnable games to start off with.  Of course, who is to say what a winnable game is.    They will probably start off with the Steelers/Ravens/Bengals as two of the first 3 games....and also 2 of the last 3 games.   But....FYI....I am of the opinion that none of those teams is by any means "unbeatable" by the Browns.  The Browns have not beaten them the last few years....but often as not it has been close, and the Browns shoot themselves in the foot in those game.  They have not really been "hammered" by their AFCN opponents.

The other thing they will probably do is to put the away games in Tampa and Houston and New Orleans in September when it is as hot as hell fire and as muggy as a sauna in those areas.    But, I hope not.  I am hoping they put New Orleans in like early December...in which case I would seriously consider going to that game.  (as I also would combine that with a week long tour of Louisiana).  

Given Global Warming....ALL three of those  areas  could possibly be affected by hurricanes.   That was one of the factors (not the only one) why I canceled my trip with you all to Houston last year.  So...I would like to see The Big Easy game  be scheduled after hurricane season....and not to have had that area affected.  The other areas I might consider doing a road game on is Denver or Oakland.  No sauna baths or hurricanes to deal with in those areas.....and I do have "Bucket List" trips that could take me in and out of those towns.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I know that the Schedule will be released in like 2 and a half weeks......but I thought I would get a thread started and ready for it.  Here are the Browns opponents this year:

I am going to suspect that the schedule makers will do the Browns no real favors by  giving them some potentially winnable games to start off with.  Of course, who is to say what a winnable game is.    They will probably start off with the Steelers/Ravens/Bengals as two of the first 3 games....and also 2 of the last 3 games.   But....FYI....I am of the opinion that none of those teams is by any means "unbeatable" by the Browns.  The Browns have not beaten them the last few years....but often as not it has been close, and the Browns shoot themselves in the foot in those game.  They have not really been "hammered" by their AFCN opponents.

The other thing they will probably do is to put the away games in Tampa and Houston and New Orleans in September when it is as hot as hell fire and as muggy as a sauna in those areas.    But, I hope not.  I am hoping they put New Orleans in like early December...in which case I would seriously consider going to that game.  (as I also would combine that with a week long tour of Louisiana).  

Given Global Warming....ALL three of those  areas  could possibly be affected by hurricanes.   That was one of the factors (not the only one) why I canceled my trip with you all to Houston last year.  So...I would like to see The Big Easy game  be scheduled after hurricane season....and not to have had that area affected.  The other areas I might consider doing a road game on is Denver or Oakland.  No sauna baths or hurricanes to deal with in those areas.....and I do have "Bucket List" trips that could take me in and out of those towns.

I hate arguing with fellow fans, but sadly, Cincy has beaten us silly since we thrashed them on a Thursday night game down there in 2014. And the Ratbirds, Squealers pretty much have had their way with the Browns despite a few close games. Let's hope it starts to turn around in 2018....I bet the Browns haven't won 10 division games total since 2008.

I like the schedule. The NFC South games could be brutal, but hey, it beats the AFC South matchups (I just can't get into Jax, and Tenn in particular, hate it when they're on the home schedule). 

I'm with you on potential road trips to T Bay, new Orleans, and possibly Houston. Depends on where they line up on the schedule. 

I do anticipate a division game being on a Thursday night, on the road this season.  

Well let's see what the vegasinsider.com future odds look like today 3-27-2018, believe it or not the BROWNS  odds have improved from the original numbers.

Can they win 3 or 4 games? Probably. More? Maybe.

ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/19)
Team Odds
Philadelphia Eagles 9/2
Green Bay Packers 6/1
Minnesota Vikings 6/1
Los Angeles Rams 17/2
San Francisco 49ers 10/1
Atlanta Falcons 12/1
New Orleans Saints 12/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/1
Seattle Seahawks 15/1
Carolina Panthers 18/1
Detroit Lions 30/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1
New York Giants 35/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
Washington Redskins 40/1
Chicago Bears 50/1

ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/19)
Team Odds
New England Patriots 12/5
Pittsburgh Steelers 5/1
Houston Texans 10/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 10/1
Oakland Raiders 13/1
Los Angeles Chargers 14/1
Denver Broncos 15/1
Kansas City Chiefs 16/1
Baltimore Ravens 18/1
Indianapolis Colts 20/1
Tennessee Titans 25/1
Buffalo Bills 40/1
Cincinnati Bengals 45/1
Miami Dolphins 50/1
New York Jets 50/1
Cleveland Browns 55/1

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well let's see what the vegasinsider.com future odds look like today 3-27-2018, believe it or not the BROWNS  odds have improved from the original numbers.

Can they win 3 or 4 games? Probably. More? Maybe.

ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/19)
Team Odds
Philadelphia Eagles 9/2
Green Bay Packers 6/1
Minnesota Vikings 6/1
Los Angeles Rams 17/2
San Francisco 49ers 10/1
Atlanta Falcons 12/1
New Orleans Saints 12/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/1
Seattle Seahawks 15/1
Carolina Panthers 18/1
Detroit Lions 30/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1
New York Giants 35/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
Washington Redskins 40/1
Chicago Bears 50/1

Team Odds
Pittsburgh Steelers 5/1
Houston Texans 10/1
Oakland Raiders 13/1
Denver Broncos 15/1
Kansas City Chiefs 16/1
Baltimore Ravens 18/1
Indianapolis Colts 20/1
Tennessee Titans 25/1
Buffalo Bills 40/1
Cincinnati Bengals 45/1
Miami Dolphins 50/1
New York Jets 50/1
Cleveland Browns 55/1

Did they miss an 0 off the end of the Browns odds ?

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Did they miss an 0 off the end of the Browns odds ?

You do not see the wild 200/1 or 500/1 or more odds like they used to many years back from the Vegas books, too much parity and the "worst to first" stuff going on.

They have odds on almost anything you might want to bet on, Oh MLB STARTS TONIGHT!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/futures/

ODDS TO WIN 2018 AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT (11/1/18)
Team Odds
Houston Astros 5/2
New York Yankees 3/1
Cleveland Indians 13/4
Boston Red Sox 6/1
Los Angeles Angels 12/1
Minnesota Twins 12/1
Toronto Blue Jays 17/1
Seattle Mariners 25/1
Baltimore Orioles 90/1
Chicago White Sox 100/1
Oakland Athletics 100/1
Tampa Bay Rays 100/1
Texas Rangers 100/1
Detroit Tigers 250/1
Kansas City Royals 250/1
ODDS TO WIN 2018 AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL (9/30/18)
Team Odds
Cleveland Indians, want to bet against the TRIBE?  2/11
Minnesota Twins 7/2
Chicago White Sox 30/1
Kansas City Royals 60/1

14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'm planning on Tampa, New Orleans, and an early season game in Cleveland.

I hereby challenge Ghoolie to fisticuffs at all three locations.

Zombo

Better look out I hear the ghoul is in training.....

6a4c4a734769337719641b1a8d203561--badass-pictures-nice-people.jpg

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'm planning on Tampa, New Orleans, and an early season game in Cleveland.

I hereby challenge Ghoolie to fisticuffs at all three locations.

Zombo

Tampa is a lock Z, other away games I'm considering are New Orleans, Denver, and a return to Houston. Depending on finances, and what time of year the games are. The last Bucs game in October was the hottest game I've ever been at- 95 in the shade.  Tour got kidnapped by the relatives last year, and I never had the chance to meet up with him. 

Tentatively planning for all 3 Gulf Coast games and some close by games we can drive to. 

Not exactly an 0-16 schedule, some tough teams HOWEVER maybe steal a few in their division? 

4-12 maybe, 6-10 with my brown & orange glasses on. GO BROWNS! 

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Not exactly an 0-16 schedule, some tough teams HOWEVER maybe steal a few in their division? 

4-12 maybe, 6-10 with my brown & orange glasses on. GO BROWNS! 

By August 8-8?;)

anyone care to explain why we get the joy again of going to Houston? we passed on D. Watson at #12. Now we may pass on a non-Watson team gift at #4 pick, from Houston to trade down to Bills at #12 & 22 again? am convinced, just to avoid all the picks with 2's in them :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Just did a couple seasons ago.   Browns lost in OT to Peyton

Yeah, looked it up and its pretty much split 50/50. Not sure why it seems like we always play them there.

Our track record vs them is awful, though. That I do know. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to remind you all that there is a thread here already started on the Schedule.   As I see that they released the pre-season schedule.....but not the regular schedule.  As I noted elsewhere....I think they want to give a week's head start on selling tickets to these worthless preseason games.

So I suspect that the real schedule will likely come out about a week from today.....which is one week before the draft.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, mjp28 said:

ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/19) - on 3/28/18
Team Odds
Pittsburgh Steelers 5/1
Houston Texans 10/1
Oakland Raiders 13/1
Denver Broncos 15/1
Kansas City Chiefs 16/1
Baltimore Ravens 18/1
Indianapolis Colts 20/1
Tennessee Titans 25/1
Buffalo Bills 40/1
Cincinnati Bengals 45/1
Miami Dolphins 50/1
New York Jets 50/1
Cleveland Browns 55/1

Hey the BROWNS are moving up, no longer the dead last pick - 4/11/18

Team Odds
New England Patriots 11/4
Pittsburgh Steelers 6/1
Houston Texans 8/1
Los Angeles Chargers 10/1
Oakland Raiders 12/1
Denver Broncos 14/1
Baltimore Ravens 16/1
Kansas City Chiefs 16/1
Indianapolis Colts 20/1
Tennessee Titans 20/1
Cincinnati Bengals 40/1
Cleveland Browns tied with CINCI in their division?  Nice to see.   40/1
Buffalo Bills 50/1
Miami Dolphins 50/1
New York Jets 50/1

Hurricane Forecast.  Unfortunately, it plays a prime factor in plans.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-04-04-hurricane-season-forecast-atlantic-colorado-state

Also:

- Prediction: 2018 Atlantic Basin Hurricane Season —-
(which includes the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico)
As predicted by Mr. Dilley and GWO – last year (2017) was the costliest year on record for the United States, and one of the most destructive. Mr. Dilley says that “some United States zones are currently in their strongest hurricane landfall cycle in 40 to 70-years.” This is a Natural Climate Pulse Cycle that produced extremely active and dangerous hurricane conditions in some zones back in the 1930s and 1940s – and is now repeating.

Mr. Dilley predicts that 2018 will be somewhat of a repeat of 2017 – and possibly another record breaker. Although it will be strikingly similar to last year- some hurricane landfalls will occur in different locations this year. You can expect 16 named storms, 8 hurricanes, 4 major hurricanes, potential for 4 United States hurricane landfalls – 2 of which will likely be major impact storms. There is the potential for 6 named storms making United States landfalls. On the average, the entire Atlantic Basin has 12 named storms, 6 hurricanes and 2.7 major hurricanes.

The reason for another destructive hurricane season is 3-fold. The ocean water temperatures continue to run warmer than normal across most of the Atlantic Basin (red and orange in the graphic), and especially in the Caribbean region and the Atlantic near the United States. This is very similar to the ocean temperatures of last year, and this will again be conducive for tropical storms and/or hurricanes forming and/or strengthening close to the United States. Mr. Dilley also expects the Bermuda-Azores High Pressure Center will again be in a favorable location – thus allowing more named storms to maintain strength – or strengthen as they move from east to west across the Atlantic toward the United States.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:24 PM, hoorta said:

Tampa is a lock Z, other away games I'm considering are New Orleans, Denver, and a return to Houston. Depending on finances, and what time of year the games are. The last Bucs game in October was the hottest game I've ever been at- 95 in the shade.  Tour got kidnapped by the relatives last year, and I never had the chance to meet up with him. 

I just have to wait for the schedule dates.  I am already doing 5-6 away games when I go to Cleveland, but do plan at least 1-2 real away games.

New Orleans is always doable.  Our favorite American city to visit. Been to 3 games there to this point.  Denver, Houston, and Cincy are other options.  Tampa is as well.  We have a home in Venice, and I have a brother who lives in the TB area, but we go down there 4-5 times a year.  We just spent 5 weeks down there.  It would have to be a late season game.  I don't want to go for a September or October game when it is likely to still be pushing 90 degrees.  No wonder Gatorade was developed a few miles up the road.

15 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I just have to wait for the schedule dates.  I am already doing 5-6 away games when I go to Cleveland, but do plan at least 1-2 real away games.

New Orleans is always doable.  Our favorite American city to visit. Been to 3 games there to this point.  Denver, Houston, and Cincy are other options.  Tampa is as well.  We have a home in Venice, and I have a brother who lives in the TB area, but we go down there 4-5 times a year.  We just spent 5 weeks down there.  It would have to be a late season game.  I don't want to go for a September or October game when it is likely to still be pushing 90 degrees.  No wonder Gatorade was developed a few miles up the road.

As some of you may know I always do a Fall vacation  to see National Park units/scenic drives, etc.   Last year I had planned to combine the Houston game with my trip...but that didn't work out. (did a much shorter/closer trip instead)  This year my preference would be to do Louisiana...and combine it with the Saints games.  But it depends on the time of year.  I don't want to go when it would be like a sauna bath just to go outdoors, or when hurricane season is in bloom.  So, for N.O....it would have to be scheduled from like Mid or late October to early/mid December.  Alternately, I could see doing Colorado and the Denver game. That one would likely have to be in Mid to late Oct.  I could theoretically do Oakland, but I just came back from the Bay Area and don't really want to make that long of a flight out there again so soon. Neither Tampa nor Houston would be options for me.  My wife wants to do a trip sometime to the Fla. Gulf Coast, but works for schools...so I would have to do that trip around her schedule. Hopefully the schedule makers do us all a favor.  Of course, they never do the Browns a favor, do they?  Tampa and N.O. will probably be scheduled in September. Denver in late December.  (OK if you like to ski....I don't).

"The schedule will be announced exclusively on NFL Network during the 2018 NFL Schedule Release Presented by Verizon at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday as part of a two-hour long special. The special will be hosted by Scott Hanson and feature NFL Network analysts Steve Mariucci, Kurt Warner and Maurice Jones-Drew. It'll break down the entire schedule, division by division, analyzing the top matchups and prime-time games, including the 18-game Thursday Night Football schedule on FOX and NFL Network."

On 3/29/2018 at 8:46 AM, Zombo said:

New Orleans, and an early season game in Cleveland.

Works for me... plus Houston of course.

Do you have Backers contacts in NOLA?

Archived