THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler traded

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

you can claim the acorn,but does anybody read these golden green nuggets Gumby throws out there,18 hours before it happens? Paul De-pud-Dee-castro.. quit reading my 5th beer post..:P  

lol.... I withdraw my self-nomination. You are now the chosen blind hog...

Walleye are great eating... have a blast.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now for the cherry on top...

Max MeyerVerified account @TheMaxMeyer

Cody Kessler finishes his Browns career as the most accurate passer in franchise history out of all players with at least 90 throws.DZZYet9VMAEhEz7.jpg

11:47 AM - 28 Mar 2018

Details on the trade... the "condition" revealed...

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye

The conditional nature of the #Jaguars trade with the #Browns, per league source: Kessler has to be on the active 46-man roster for six games in order for Cleveland to receive a 2019 seventh-round pick from Jacksonville.

Now I just hope Hue doesn't destroy this year's rookie QB's career and we finally have a proper franchise quaterback, whoever it is.

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I'm confident that Sushi could have reeled in a second rounder

That's the part which should have been in the sarcasm font..

Kessler's skill set remains 7th round / UDFA level.  He barely saw the field last season because he can't make routine NFL throws.  He's not good at all, and Sushi wasted a pick on him.

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

good on you.Sure most remember (as our SoCal fan posted) that Cody had game. Read most of your post on Cody when drafted cause most team local media & football media are  here to sell the game/player..not fans like yourself.thanks for your open honest opinion on Kess

Head to Dads in Alpena,MI. for walleye tourney 4th of July weekend.beautiful lakes & wilderness trails.Worst part of trip is driving, DC than Chitsburg,PA...Sometimes you must feel like a Steeler Fan logging in here? Northern Michigan has some great areas. My Dad loves his wildlife animals showing up for their feeding times 

Don't take I95.  Take I77N then I80W, you will bypass both DC and Shitsburgh.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

DC is a $hitstorm to drive through.

A Primarti Bros sandwich would be hard to pass on though.

They're everywhere now, one is 2 miles from my house in Boardman, OH.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And now for the cherry on top...

Max MeyerVerified account @TheMaxMeyer

Cody Kessler finishes his Browns career as the most accurate passer in franchise history out of all players with at least 90 throws.DZZYet9VMAEhEz7.jpg

11:47 AM - 28 Mar 2018

Great......let us know when he surpasses this record:

The Browns' record with Otto Graham as starting quarterback was 114–20–4, including a 9–3 record in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Details on the trade... the "condition" revealed...

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye

The conditional nature of the #Jaguars trade with the #Browns, per league source: Kessler has to be on the active 46-man roster for six games in order for Cleveland to receive a 2019 seventh-round pick from Jacksonville.

Well....right now the Jags only have 2 QBs on the roster:   Bortles and Kessler.  So...unless they draft like 2 rookies to take his place....or pick someone else up....it looks like a decent chance that we will get a 7th rounder!!.

Which...to me, is just more Trade Bait.

11 hours ago, Nero said:

Now I just hope Hue doesn't destroy this year's rookie QB's career and we finally have a proper franchise quaterback, whoever it is.

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Don’t hold your breath 

Agree... but here's the hope. We have an OC, a QB Coach and a pair of vet QBs now, so maybe, just maybe, they can keep Hue away from our kid.

Won't be easy... as Hue will have a lot of time on his hands... but at least we have the numbers.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Great......let us know when he surpasses this record:

The Browns' record with Otto Graham as starting quarterback was 114–20–4, including a 9–3 record in the playoffs.

Why would I mix in a team stat with a report on a QB?

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Tried them once, and Sheet canned half.  I don't see the hype.

Like many things it's a combo of knowing something exists, but not being able to get it... in a word it's mystique.

Other examples... Coors and In n Out Burger... both were much better before I tried them.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Why would I mix in a team stat with a report on a QB?

I don't know why you would do whatever,  but the  state you posted had  Kessler with the best completion pct. of all those listed....but also an 0-8 record.  I was simply comparing his winning record to that of Otto G.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know why you would do whatever,  but the  state you posted had  Kessler with the best completion pct. of all those listed....but also an 0-8 record.  I was simply comparing his winning record to that of Otto G.

Why?

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Like many things it's a combo of knowing something exists, but not being able to get it... in a word it's mystique.

Other examples... Coors and In n Out Burger... both were much better before I tried them.

Born and raised in SoCal and can not stand In N Out....... now Del Taco on the other hand is a totally different story. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I hate to say it, but Melt falls in this category for me. Its not bad, but for the hype I heard about it for years, I'm a little underwhelmed. 

Melt? Is that the Grilled Cheese thing?

I like my "melt" with a patti in it... Whataburger style... so fine after a nite of imbibing.

29 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Born and raised in SoCal and can not stand In N Out....... now Del Taco on the other hand is a totally different story. 

In n Out was pretty weak IMO... but y'all did give us Jack.

I freakin' forgot about Del Taco.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I like my "melt" with a patti in it... Whataburger style... so fine after a nite of imbibing.

Yeah, Melt Bar and Grilled is a Cleveland restaurant that is branching out in NE Ohio, even one down in Columbus. 

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

In n Out was pretty weak IMO... but y'all did give us Jack.

I freakin' forgot about Del Taco.

Whataburger is one of my favorites. So is Colter's BBQ. I realize they are changed but still they're good.

WSS

Archived