THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler traded

Westside Steve

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Randy Grigson working anywhere? We oughtta be able to get a 3rd rounder from him. Hell, he gave us a 1st for Trent Richardson!  :rolleyes:

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Is Randy Grigson working anywhere? We oughtta be able to get a 3rd rounder from him. Hell, he gave us a 1st for Trent Richardson!  :rolleyes:

Mike

Uhm....he was working for the Browns.  Not sure if he is still here.

OK, in checking, I don't see his name on this list anywhere:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/front-office.html

By the way....what did we get with that first round pick that he gave us?  Probably like Gilbert or Manziel?

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhm....he was working for the Browns.  Not sure if he is still here.

OK, in checking, I don't see his name on this list anywhere:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/front-office.html

By the way....what did we get with that first round pick that he gave us?  Probably like Gilbert or Manziel?

Yeah, he WAS with the Browns. What a great hire that was...Sashi found a FO guy who gave up a 1st for Trent Richardson, & failed to furnish Luck any OL to keep him healthy.

I don't even want to think what we did with that pick.

Mike

7 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Yeah, he WAS with the Browns. What a great hire that was...Sashi found a FO guy who gave up a 1st for Trent Richardson, & failed to furnish Luck any OL to keep him healthy.

I don't even want to think what we did with that pick.

Mike

pretty sure is for jff

Whether you like Kessler , or not.. I say he's getting the shaft. This just solidifies to me that Hue is a cluster fuk that needs to be reigned in. I don' thinkt Kessler is great.. But I think he's gettin chit on pretty good by Ole Huey... And I don't think he's complete chit either.. Kessler just needs to be in a system that works for him...

7 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Something happened to Cody in year 2. His first year for us was solid game manager. If he can get that first year stuff back he's more than adequate as a backup. 

It's called getting the shit beat out of you week after week in year 1.   The dude took a beating as a rookie and played scared shitless (who could blame him) whenever he saw the field last year.

41 minutes ago, Mark O said:

It's called getting the Sheet beat out of you week after week in year 1.   The dude took a beating as a rookie and played scared shitless (who could blame him) whenever he saw the field last year.

I swear any time he'd drop back to pass he'd have half the defense on him in a tenth of a second. 

The dude was solid for a rookie no one really expected anything out of.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who, really, would give anything for him?

Agreed, he'll probably just get cut. I don't trust you anymore Hueless. At best, we might get a seventh round, or a swap of positions in the 6th or 7th round- depending on who (if anyone) is interested. 

13 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Kessler’s problem is he has a head coach that said Josh McCown should retire and thought Deshone Kizer was ready to start

And handed RGIII the starting job for reasons only known to him.

I'm so excited to have him infecting... uh, passing his wisdom to the guy we take with the #1 overall pick. 

maybe started here https://www.mensfitness.com/sports/football/nfl-qb-cody-kessler-lost-body-fat-and-gained-muscle-strict-diet-plan somewhere between losing body fat to toned muscles, Cody seemed heavier footed to carry his mobilability in the pocket.Did it mess with his throwing mechanics also?  Kessler got some starting reps in Camp. but from all reports, Kess passes were either dropped or intercepted going the other way..Who's the qb sitting behind Bortles? take a late Jags 6th or 7th & good luck Kess..(even Zona is worth a phone call,or did we offer a trade of Kess for Stanton before came free?)  

After taking a beating it looks like Kess wanted to bulk up, understandably, too bad it seemed to affect his game.

Kind of like when Quinn started his body building career... 

This proves that what I said all along, Hogan was the best they had last year. They should have played him, he's very cerebral and understands the game. Anybody that believes that the one chance he had at starting was a fair shot is off by a lot. 

Hogan can play. I would say that he is Taylor's equal at this point. Had Hogan been allowed to play, he'd most likely be further along, alas, I digress. 

I see the QBs in this draft ranked as- 

Baker Mayfield

Josh Allen

Sam Darnold

Josh Rosen 

Mason Rudolph 

Lamar Jackson 

A QB room of Taylor/Hogan/Mayfield would be a great mix. But I get the feeling the Jets are going for Mayfield, his attitude fit that team/city well. Broadway Baker

Kessler's a lead-footed rag arm anyway.  Him and Col Hogan are just gonna get cut anyway.   The only way anyone gives us anything for him is if they really kinda' want him and don't feel they'd get him when he's cut.  - And nobody comes to mind.

Hue asked us to trust him on that one.  When Kessler gets cut, or traded for a bag of chips, will a reporter ask him about that statement?  And then maybe following that up with a question about the date for his jumping in the lake?  

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who, really, would give anything for him?

A concussion study clinic

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

After taking a beating it looks like Kess wanted to bulk up, understandably, too bad it seemed to affect his game.

Kind of like when Quinn started his body building career... 

This proves that what I said all along, Hogan was the best they had last year. They should have played him, he's very cerebral and understands the game. Anybody that believes that the one chance he had at starting was a fair shot is off by a lot. 

Hogan can play. I would say that he is Taylor's equal at this point. Had Hogan been allowed to play, he'd most likely be further along, alas, I digress. 

A QB room of Taylor/Hogan/Mayfield would be a great mix. But I get the feeling the Jets are going for Mayfield, his attitude fit that team/city well. Broadway Baker

Colonel Hogan is a camp arm Po- nothing more. You forget already we signed Stanton? Figure it out. Taylor, Stanton, #1 overall qb = no room on the roster for Kevin. No team keeps four quarterbacks on the active roster.  I just checked and your Hero is in luck. He has only 2 accrued seasons, meaning the Browns can still put him on the practice squad.  

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Something happened to Cody in year 2. His first year for us was solid game manager. If he can get that first year stuff back he's more than adequate as a backup. 

He lost Pep Hamilton..  I think thats what happened to him..

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And handed RGIII the starting job for reasons only known to him.

I'm so excited to have him infecting... uh, passing his wisdom to the guy we take with the #1 overall pick. 

OK Dutch now we know what you want for your birthday this year.  :lol:

Seriously though unless there are any additional QB moves in the next 30 days it looks like 1. Taylor 2. Stanton 3. Draftee/Hogan. So it's just a matter of how they want this quarterback situation to look in 2018 and 2019.

Hey maybe a real quarterback succession plan!

Kess may get us from pick 175 to pick 174 if someone wants a camp arm with starting experience.

He displayed good accuracy as a rookie, but doesn't have NFL arm strength or durability, and doesn't elude a pass rush well.

His best hope is to make a roster, win a couple relief games and hold on long enough to have a Drew Stanton-like career.

Zombo

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Kess may get us from pick 175 to pick 174 if someone wants a camp arm with starting experience.

He displayed good accuracy as a rookie, but doesn't have NFL arm strength or durability, and doesn't elude a pass rush well.

His best hope is to make a roster, win a couple relief games and hold on long enough to have a Drew Stanton-like career.

Zombo

With this recent insane quarterback bidding war going on you never know what someone might offer here. 2019 pick? 

The BROWNS really don't need any additional  low level 2018 picks, again stay tuned!

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Sort of agree... some team, a team nearer the top of the league than the bottom, will see "possibilities" for him as a backup with talent around him.

Not going to spend much to acquire him, but a 6th or 7th, maybe a mid-6th for Kess and our 7th, let's them skip the long waiver-claim line in front of them.

Archived