Jump to content
Ghoolie

Tyrod Tarkenton

Recommended Posts

Based on continuing behavior, the Browns seem set to repeat the same blundering horse-schidt that has produced 1 - 31 during this " This is what a rebuild looks like".

Nobody here can challenge me on my continued statement that the Browns organization purposely abstains from adding top-tier talent. They refuse to participate in acquiring the best QB, WR and RB prospects, shunning the most crucial playmaker positions, for the utilitarian, drone-like OL and DL positions. Additionally, it is not-debateable that Hue Jackson continues to hold all authority when it comes to choosing the QB for the team.

It is clear that Jackson wants a black Tarkenton to run the Browns. He "fell in love" with RG 3, mandated we draft DeShidt Kizer, and now has selected BT3 for our QB.

Will the Browns draft BT4 in 2018? The odds are pretty good that they will. Say Hello to Lamar Jackson. How this comes about? Hard to pinpoint, but the logic is clear.

1) The Browns do not take #1 #1 QBs

2) The Browns believe Carlos Hyde is their answer at RB.....(Love OSU guys, but this guy is a 3d back) They won't do the right thing and take Barkley.

3) The Browns are likely to waste the #1 pick on Chubb, trade down to get BT4, and focus on their fetish of the OL and TL. 

In life, you will find that people who win big, risk big. This is not the Browns. Haslam and company have no balls. They are not going to face ridicule for taking risk in the hope of advancing big time. THey play it safe, they don't risk money and they don't risk having to explain their draft picks. Myles Garrett is a prime example. The only reason he was picked #1 is because if he busted, Haslam could point out to the " experts" who all said he was the clear-cut pick. SO. what do we get? A fukcing Zumba instructor who has one move, who goes after the QB every down, albeit with varying degrees of intensity, while the opposition baits him wide and runs inside of him like nobody's business.

And then, there is butter-fingers poosy boy Coleman.

The best Vet QBs have come and gone. ALL OF THEM............. going to teams that repeatedly get to the post-season................ BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT........................THESE QBS WERE NOT FOR US................. YOU SEE.....THE BROWNS ARE DOING THINGS THAT THE OTHER 31 TEAMS ARE TOO FAR BEHIND TO EVEN UNDERSTAND.

The reason that none of the top Vet QBs did not even interview with the Browns is NOT because they would never play in Cleveland, it is because the powers that be in Cleveland are do not have the determination and balls to fundamentally change the losing mentality that will permeate yeat another NFL draft.

Black Tarkenton #3 and Black Tarkenton #4. That's the future. Book it.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt it. Darnold 1 Barkley 4. Not saying that’s what I want, but what I think will happen. I don’t see your scenario at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether you are right or wrong is for others to debate, however, this website makes for quite interesting reading.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/

Looking at the current SB champions Philadelphia, of all teams in the NFL they rank 3rd highest when it comes to spending on their OL and also 3rd highest on their DL.

They are ranked 26th in spending on RB's and dead last, at 32nd, on WR's. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is funny, but Taylor is an improvement because of ball security. He is only a temp solution until the new QB is ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Dorsey picked Lamar Jackson then I would buy into the BT4.

But he wont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not totally fair Tom. The "earth moved" for Huey on 7th (shoulda been and now is to the Jags) rounder Kessler. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK... Who had afternoon of March 28 in the pool?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody here can challenge me on my continued statement that the Browns organization purposely abstains from adding top-tier talent. They refuse to participate in acquiring the best QB, WR and RB prospects, 

Yet...the last time they drafte the RB.... in round 1,  they took the highest rated RB:  Richardson

And, I believe, the last time they took a WR...they took the #1 rated WR:   Coleman

These guys were considered THE BEST prospects at their positions the year they came out.  They were the first RB and the first WR off the board in those respective draft years.

So...you are obviously WRONG....they do "participate" in acquiring the best WR and RB prospects  (perhaps not QB).....the problem is that they have chosen what is considered the best.....but those guys were failures.    

But...its not just them:

The best receivers so far that came out of the draft that Coleman went in were two 4th rounders;  Pharoh Cooper and Tyreke Hill, and a 2d rounder: Michael Thomas

In the year that Richardson came out....the best RBs that year were actually the guy picked #31:  Doug Martin....and a guy picked in the 6th round:  Alfred Morris.

Point is that the Browns DO participate in choosing the best prospects....it just that those prospects miss.   

And all you are doing really is just second guessing and griping about those mistakes.....just as we all are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Goolie

Whats going to happen when the Browns start turning heads this season? Dorsey is building quite a team here. There already was untapped talent on the roster and the FAs all look to improve the squad. If the Browns do nab Barkley, mark me down for 8 wins if you care to bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one hell of a belly laugh from this thread.. Thanx LoL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Whether you are right or wrong is for others to debate, however, this website makes for quite interesting reading.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/

Looking at the current SB champions Philadelphia, of all teams in the NFL they rank 3rd highest when it comes to spending on their OL and also 3rd highest on their DL.

They are ranked 26th in spending on RB's and dead last, at 32nd, on WR's. 

 

NE spends the least, they have the most SB in the last 12 years. The OL is a waste of money. Paul Brown knew it and only once used a #1 pick for a lardass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

This is funny, but Taylor is an improvement because of ball security. He is only a temp solution until the new QB is ready.

Boo, when your hand slips off of your Sock and bashes into the shower door when jacking off, do you, after icing down your thumb go right back to jacking off in front of the shower door? Or do you change things up?

RG3 was supposed to be a temp solution.

Tyrod is Black Tarkenton. He has no weapons, and Hue Jackson is not an aggressive play caller. TieRod will be placed into a lot of obvious passing downs, he will be forced out of the pocket, not that he operates out of the pocket, and like RG 3, he is going to get murdered. he "new" QB is going to get thrown into a schidtpile. This is the same schidt over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need skill players to win this game. You need guys that go above and beyond the average and do the extraordinary- putting the team on their back and refuse to be denied. 

We will take Barkley #1. Believeland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

<<Hey Goolie>>

That's Ghoolie to you :-)

<<Whats going to happen when the Browns start turning heads this season?>>

They have already turned heads. Away that is, from the stench.

<<Dorsey is building quite a team here.>>

Oh, fukck yeah he is. He is continuing the fine tradition of acquiring second tier players and promoting the idea that they are all untapped diamonds in the rough.

<<There already was untapped talent on the roster and the FAs all look to improve the squad. >>

Every team has untapped talent. You dickheads say this each and every year. As if somehow, our untapped talent is miraculously going to contribute more than the untapped talent of the other 31 teams. Seriously, each off-season you guys make up these same goofy  fantasy  fukcing scenarios in which the Browns are going to gain ground on the opposition because all our sencond-tier players are magically going to contribute and become overachievers. It's bullschidt man. Some really good Veteran QBs came available over the past yer............... the Browns didn't compete for even one of them. And now? Now we have dickweed Taylor? Another guy who jumps around nervously in the pocket like a nipple in a pan full of hot grease? C'mon man. We haven' added one single player that scares anyone.

They should draft Barkley, but they wont. He will go #2.

 

10

 

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

 

 

 

 

If the Browns do nab Barkley, mark me down for 8 wins if you care to bet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You need skill players to win this game. You need guys that go above and beyond the average and do the extraordinary- putting the team on their back and refuse to be denied. 

We will take Barkley #1. Believeland. 

I hope you are right. He is a fortune changer. Guys like Barkley make ordinary teammates play better, and give everyone an opportunity to make plays by drawing the attention of the entire opposing game plan. As it is, +9the opposing coaches don't have to plan for schidt.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boo fagley said:

If Dorsey picked Lamar Jackson then I would buy into the BT4.

But he wont.

Dorsey is not picking the QB. Dorsey answers to Hue Jackson, Hue has the ear of Haslam. That's just how it is.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Hue Jackson is not an aggressive play caller.

Haley will be calling the plays from HIS offense.

Hue wanted McCaron.  Dorsey selected the placeholder that HE wanted.

The game is Pass & Rush The Passer.   QB dejour #1 and Chub at #4.   Then get the RB in this RB heavy draft.  Then WR, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey is not picking the QB. Dorsey answers to Hue Jackson, Hue has the ear of Haslam. That's just how it is.

Kessler is holding for you on line one.Kizer is holding on Line 2. And AJ McCarron (that now can afford 2 phones) is holding on lines 3 & 4.. Hue is 1-31.. Haslam fired his long pal Sashi over Hue..strike two..Hue ain't got dic in Haslam's ear..    

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You need skill players to win this game. You need guys that go above and beyond the average and do the extraordinary- putting the team on their back and refuse to be denied. 

We will take Barkley #1. Believeland. 

I bet you $100 that the Browns do not take Barkley #1 overall.

Oh wait, your guarantees are nonsensical rants. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they take Barkley at 4 I won't be able to fault them much because at least they'll be trying to fuel the offense.  But I feel the pass rusher is the more important position.  Whenever the really good pass rusher is on the field, the QB knows it.  It's always there in his mind...and it can make him throw early or give up on a play.  

Barkley, by most accounts is the best RB in the draft.  But I just don't think, in today's NFL, that the drop-off from him to the next tier RB's in this draft makes enough of a difference to pass up taking Chubb.  (plus, I'm not certain that Garrett doesn't really need Chubb on the DL in order  to be effective)

It's all about the QB.  On offense, how do you get a good one and make him effective. - And on defense, how do you make him less effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Orion said:

If they take Barkley at 4 I won't be able to fault them much because at least they'll be trying to fuel the offense.  But I feel the pass rusher is the more important position.  Whenever the really good pass rusher is on the field, the QB knows it.  It's always there in his mind...and it can make him throw early or give up on a play.  

Barkley, by most accounts is the best RB in the draft.  But I just don't think, in today's NFL, that the drop-off from him to the next tier RB's in this draft makes enough of a difference to pass up taking Chubb.  (plus, I'm not certain that Garrett doesn't really need Chubb on the DL in order  to be effective)

It's all about the QB.  On offense, how do you get a good one and make him effective. - And on defense, how do you make him less effective.

I don't get the Chubb love around here. Ogbah is just as effective and I've got a lot of respect for Nassib as well. Both guys are expected to make a huge jump in their second year of Williams' scheme. We also have a legit starter at QB in Taylor and a young guy hungry for reps in Hogan. We have 2 really good WRs and some young ones with talent. We also have 2 pretty solid TEs. What we don't have is a RB like Barkley. Lock him down with the first pick and watch NY cower from the #2 spot- They've been spoiled so long at QB in NY they don't know which of these QBs is the best. Pat Shurmur picked Brandon Weeden didn't he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

and I've got a lot of respect for Nassib

...I don't.  But he's tall, so sometimes he's able to jump up and block a pass.  Otherwise, he's blocked and will get you 1.5 tackles a game.  (was a little better at setting the edge last year...but if we draft Chubb, Nassib may not make the team)

And TieRod is a place holder...and Hogan is gonna have to compete with Darnold (or whoever) for a roster spot.  - I wonder how that'll work out?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey is not picking the QB. Dorsey answers to Hue Jackson, Hue has the ear of Haslam. That's just how it is.

I dont believe that Hue is making all these moves at all. Sashi was fired for Kizer and Hue is still around. You dont need Dorsey if Hue is calling the shots as GM.

Hue has about 7 weeks starting September to save his job before he is calling the Mayflower moving company.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Every team has untapped talent. You dickheads say this each and every year. As if somehow, our untapped talent is miraculously going to contribute more than the untapped talent of the other 31 teams. Seriously, each off-season you guys make up these same goofy  fantasy  fukcing scenarios in which the Browns are going to gain ground on the opposition because all our sencond-tier players are magically going to contribute and become overachievers. It's bullschidt man. Some really good Veteran QBs came available over the past yer............... the Browns didn't compete for even one of them. And now? Now we have dickweed Taylor? Another guy who jumps around nervously in the pocket like a nipple in a pan full of hot grease? C'mon man. We haven' added one single player that scares anyone.

They should draft Barkley, but they wont. He will go #2.

 

There are good Brown players that are not reaching or exceeding their potential.

I think that Taylor makes a huge difference on both sides of the ball just not committing so many turnovers. All the vet QBs want big money and longer contracts. That does not fit if youre drafting a QB at #1 and expect him to play and start year 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Boo, when your hand slips off of your Sock and bashes into the shower door when jacking off, do you, after icing down your thumb go right back to jacking off in front of the shower door? Or do you change things up?

RG3 was supposed to be a temp solution.

Tyrod is Black Tarkenton. He has no weapons, and Hue Jackson is not an aggressive play caller. TieRod will be placed into a lot of obvious passing downs, he will be forced out of the pocket, not that he operates out of the pocket, and like RG 3, he is going to get murdered. he "new" QB is going to get thrown into a schidtpile. This is the same schidt over and over.

Are you implkying to try something new?

Like that time you were using that Shell station rest room and couple of overly friendly men in there asked you to join in? 

Haley is a down field play caller. The Steelers dont dink and dunk they pass the ball chewing up yardage. You pass to get ahead and run to win. Look at Case Keenum in the Vikings offense? Look at Deshaun Watson in the NE type offense in Houston? Its a chemistry thing like your new pals at the Shell station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I read what Hue said about him, I felt kind of sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

When I read what Hue said about him, I felt kind of sick.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

NE spends the least, they have the most SB in the last 12 years. The OL is a waste of money. Paul Brown knew it and only once used a #1 pick for a lardass.

NE has Tom Brady.. ....got him with a 6th round pick.

Paul Brown once used the #1 overall pick to select a QB that stuttered....did not play a down for the Browns....and played in like only 9 games ever in the NFL as a backup.

So...to a very great extent....there is a hell of a lot of luck involved.  The Browns have been trying their luck with all kinds of skill players.....but they have had all bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×