THE BROWNS BOARD

ComebackSZN!

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

The Denver Donks are so desperate for a QB, they sent scouts to watch JFF throw yesterday. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/22/broncos-sent-scout-to-see-johnny-manziel-of-course/

You guys must not have seen the disclaimer at the bottom................" UPDATE 6:39 p.m. ET: Klis has backtracked from his initial report and the Broncos were not at Manziel’s workout. "

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You guys must not have seen the disclaimer at the bottom................" UPDATE 6:39 p.m. ET: Klis has backtracked from his initial report and the Broncos were not at Manziel’s workout. "

It wasn't even Manziel's workout.   It was a workout for San Diego area rookies.   Manziel was apparenty asked to come in and throw some balls to the receivers there.  It may have morphed into a workout for JFF....but that was not the original intent of that meeting.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It was all over the interweb yesterday, and it was being discussed on sports radio.

Usually, where there’s smoke there’s fire.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It wasn't even Manziel's workout.   It was a workout for San Diego area rookies.   Manziel was apparenty asked to come in and throw some balls to the receivers there.  It may have morphed into a workout for JFF....but that was not the original intent of that meeting.

Right ....he was throwing at USD which isn't exactly a known football hotbed.   So he likely helped draw some attention to the kids who were actually there for the scouts so it might have helped them too that he was there. 

For the life of me I can't figure out why Billy Manziel wasn't all over that CFL offer... 

I think he'd be a great fit there, it would get him on the field again, making money, getting him a step closer to being back in the NFL. 

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why Billy Manziel wasn't all over that CFL offer... 

I think he'd be a great fit there, it would get him on the field again, making money, getting him a step closer to being back in the NFL. 

The money is better on any NFL PS which he said he is willing to do if given another chance.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The money is better on any NFL PS which he said he is willing to do if given another chance.

True, but in the CFL he'd have a real chance to get out on the field and start. It would be another year away from the NFL, but it might do more for him long term than to sit on someone's end of their roster. 

We should bring Johnny back. 

I think he's turd and he was the only QB in that draft I wanted no part part of... but if we sign him for next to nothing and he shows a glimmer of of talent he would be a valuable trade asset. Also he will make sure the rookie has a full year to sit and develop. 

The only draw back I can think of is he could make Josh Gordon do something stupid.

Feels gross saying this

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

True, but in the CFL he'd have a real chance to get out on the field and start. It would be another year away from the NFL, but it might do more for him long term than to sit on someone's end of their roster. 

Not a bad idea Dutch.  Here's a group of QBs his height/shorter that found some benefit from the CFL experience:  Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie.   The first 3 QBs mentioned made NFL Pro Bowls and led their teams to post seasons. Flutie also led Buffalo to a post season; and then they decided to start Rob Johnson in his place when they got there. 

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

We should bring Johnny back. 

I think he's turd and he was the only QB in that draft I wanted no part part of... but if we sign him for next to nothing and he shows a glimmer of of talent he would be a valuable trade asset. Also he will make sure the rookie has a full year to sit and develop. 

The only draw back I can think of is he could make Josh Gordon do something stupid.

Feels gross saying this

It should. 

Johnny Football may be returning to the NFL sooner, rather than later!

Personally, I think we should let him sit behind Tyrod for a year, and let him have another shot..

If he goes to New England, Bellicheck will groom him into Brady's heir apparent. WE CANNOT LET HIM GET AWAY AGAIN!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923497/article/johnny-manziel-meets-with-patriots-others-tuesday

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As a visit or as a take or both?

As a path...

Historically undisciplined player joins the leagues most disciplined team... Bill and an entire locker room bringing the pressure... Just put a non-fraternization clause in his league-minimum contract with one, Rob Gronkowski.

Can even see JM earning a series or two a game as a change of pace, RPO QB. Would also reduce Tom's snaps for the season conserving his body for the playoffs.

Side note: Did not realize this is Gronk's 9th season... and he still parties like a kid.

Archived