THE BROWNS BOARD

You Asked for It, You Got It. Ghoolie Challenge

The Gipper

Ghoolie told about how he arse whooped a couple of  Squeeler fans in terms of their knowledge of their own team.....and some of you took him to task on what he claimed about it.    So....here you go...it is your opportunity to challenge him.

Now...as always the rules are:  no Googling.  Answers these straight from your memory, knowledge.   If you can beat Ghoolie at this, then fine....you can pound your chest.  If he beats you....he can pound his chest....and you just have to pay homage to that.  So...here you go..    Start out with an easy one:

1.  Name the 4 Stadiums the Steelers have played in during their existence. 

2. The Steelers have retired only two (2) numbers.   For what players?

3. The Steelers drafted 4 Hall of Famers in their 1974 draft....Name all 4.

4.  In which year did the Steelers draft a guy by the name of Hugh Lickass  (err...actually Lickiss...but that is a real guy)

5. How many years after they were formed in 1933 did it take the Steelers  aka Pirates to have a winning season?

6. What is the Steelers post season record against the other teams of the AFCN ....Browns, Bengals, Ravens

7. What 3 teams have the Steelers played in the post season that they have never beaten?

8. Why....despite its history as a football town....even in 1920....did it take Pittsburgh  14 years to be awarded an NFL franchise?

9. What former Steeler player is now actually a minority owner of the Steelers?

10. A.  Who/what/where/how did the Steelers get their helmet logo?

B. What is that design on their helmet logo called?

11. Where do the Steelers hold their training camp?

12. What college has a field named after the Steelers original owner?

40 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

I thought this was the Browns board, who cares about your Steelers trivia knowledge.

Sorry, Gip, gotta agree.

I'd award everyone points for NOT answering.

Zombo

Isn't it the same place that makes Rolling Rock beer?  :lol:

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Isn't it the same place that makes Rolling Rock beer?  :lol:

Rolling Rock beer is about the only thing I like about PA..

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Rolling Rock beer is about the only thing I like about PA..

I think it's no longer made in PA but I haven’t had a RR since I worked in the steel mill in Youngstown. 

1 hour ago, runyon27 said:

I thought this was the Browns board, who cares about your Steelers trivia knowledge.

Fine......if I can get at least  10 people to defer to Ghoolie and his sports knowledge,  If you all want to bow and kowtow to him...it is your choice to  go yellow belly. Particularly those of you who DID challenge his knowledge in this area.

But...if you want to knock him off ..then you will make an effort.

Besides....this is not something I haven't done before.  In season, when the Browns play, I usually do a trivia quiz centered on the Browns opponent.  This is just the same thing in the offseason.

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't know....name the place and I will tell you.

It used to be made in Latrobe, PA.  "33" ;)

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I think it's no longer made in PA but I haven’t had a RR since I worked in the steel mill in Youngstown. 

I have a case of it in the fridge...

12 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have a case of it in the fridge...

Speaking of Western Pennsylvania trivia I had to look this up, progress!

........From 1939 until July 26, 2006,[2] Rolling Rock was brewed at the Latrobe Brewing Company in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, a small city 34 miles ESE of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As stated on the bottle, it was brewed in large glass-lined tanks, which were considered state-of-the-art at the time of its introduction (in part due to sanitation concerns).[3]

On May 19, 2006,[4] Anheuser-Busch purchased the Rolling Rock and Rolling Rock Green Light brands from InBev for $82 million[5] and began brewing Rolling Rock at its Newark facility in mid July, 2006. The final batch of Rolling Rock was shipped from Latrobe on July 31, 2006. Union leaders in Westmoreland County organized a nationwide boycott of Anheuser-Busch and InBev brands because of the move.[6] Anheuser-Busch has said that Rolling Rock's original pledge on the label will be preceded by these words: "To honor the tradition of this great brand, we quote from the original pledge of quality." In July 2008, InBev reached a deal to acquire Anheuser-Busch, thereby returning ownership of Rolling Rock to InBev, now known as Anheuser–Busch InBev and based in Belgium.[5]

In 2009, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced that it was exploring the sale of the Rolling Rock brand.[5] In 2015, Anheuser-Busch stopped brewing bottled Rolling Rock in glass-lined tanks. Only the canned beer was now being brewed using the traditional process........

Used to be a quite loyal following!

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

........From 1939 until July 26, 2006,[2] Rolling Rock was brewed at the Latrobe Brewing Company in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, a small city 34 miles ESE of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As stated on the bottle, it was brewed in large glass-lined tanks, which were considered state-of-the-art at the time of its introduction (in part due to sanitation concerns).[3]

On May 19, 2006,[4] Anheuser-Busch purchased the Rolling Rock and Rolling Rock Green Light brands from InBev for $82 million[5] and began brewing Rolling Rock at its Newark facility in mid July, 2006. The final batch of Rolling Rock was shipped from Latrobe on July 31, 2006. Union leaders in Westmoreland County organized a nationwide boycott of Anheuser-Busch and InBev brands because of the move.[6] Anheuser-Busch has said that Rolling Rock's original pledge on the label will be preceded by these words: "To honor the tradition of this great brand, we quote from the original pledge of quality." In July 2008, InBev reached a deal to acquire Anheuser-Busch, thereby returning ownership of Rolling Rock to InBev, now known as Anheuser–Busch InBev and based in Belgium.[5]

In 2009, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced that it was exploring the sale of the Rolling Rock brand.[5] In 2015, Anheuser-Busch stopped brewing bottled Rolling Rock in glass-lined tanks. Only the canned beer was now being brewed using the traditional process........

And...why don't you copy that, then delete it from here....and paste it in the Barber Shop.

"8. Why....despite its history as a football town....even in 1920....did it take Pittsburgh  14 years to be awarded an NFL franchise?"                  AMSWER: It took the entire city of Pittsburgh 4 years to learn how to say football. It took 10 more years for them to learn how to spell it in order to fill out forms to request the team. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And...why don't you copy that, then delete it from here....and paste it in the Barber Shop.

Because it was a tie in to one of your questions -and- involved BEER not just the steelers. :lol:

(Oh and it wasn't even Zoolander related but that was a funny movie!)

11 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Rolling Rock beer to wash down a bomb butt cheesteak!

You must be 12 years old...

Just now, domcucch1994 said:

No love for a bomb a$$ cheeseteak?

I like Papa Joe's cheese steak subs.. The best...

14 hours ago, jcam222 said:

"8. Why....despite its history as a football town....even in 1920....did it take Pittsburgh  14 years to be awarded an NFL franchise?"                  AMSWER: It took the entire city of Pittsburgh 4 years to learn how to say football. It took 10 more years for them to learn how to spell it in order to fill out forms to request the team. 

Nice....logical theory....not quite correct however.

5 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

I gotta try it next time I am in PA.

I live in Myrtle Beach so it's hard to find a good cheeseteak..

Aromas in Surfside Beach makes a pretty kicka$$ cheeseteak...

Papa Joes is here in Ohio ,dude..there are 3 locations in the greater cleveland area.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:45 PM, mjp28 said:

crap. thought it was about root beer.

Archived