THE BROWNS BOARD

Political diversions / reprieve

JAFBF

There is and has been some pretty serious news coming in the last few weeks, some of it is hard to believe / accept.

This is only going to get worse in the months ahead, so I thought it a good idea to create this thread for a diversion.

I invite others to post items / stories for related items here, haven't seen anything similar (surprisingly) so I thought I'd start this off.

At the risk of aging myself, I'll start this off with one of my earlier life recollections :

Yes, I'm an OMF.

May not be the earliest hit, but one that stands out while living in one of many locations throughout the Buckeye State - Westerville (Columbus) in this case.

I would hope this is a more conciliatory / wide appealing topic - an opportunity to vent / elucidate on life's adventures / encounters   .   .   .  

I have a few interesting items as time progresses, I'm sure others here have some other, more interesting stories.

Yes / No / Delete ?

JAF - speaking of the Beatles, one of my favorite things to do, was to

play the rubber soul album on a record player - because you could turn it to 78 rpm,

and they sounded just like the three chipmunks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

JAF - speaking of the Beatles, one of my favorite things to do, was to

play the rubber soul album on a record player - because you could turn it to 78 rpm,

and they sounded just like the three chipmunks.

LOL

Yea, I remember the chipmunks, my sister would do that sometimes too (78 rpm).

Hopefully this is Trump being Trump with a "bash them with the worst" and then negotiate. One trait I've never really objected about. Stock market seems to believe that is what is going on with it's rebound yesterday.

45 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hopefully this is Trump being Trump with a "bash them with the worst" and then negotiate. One trait I've never really objected about. Stock market seems to believe that is what is going on with it's rebound yesterday.

The double edged sword of day trading and instantaneous stock updates.

WSS

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Moving a bit OT for the purpose of this thread   .   .   .   but just FYI, odds are high Trump has already met with Kim - twice.

The last being this instance right here.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
21 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Perspective.

This one is better because at the end it puts the earth in perspective to the largest star known when this video was made. VY Canis Majoris.

It would take a jetliner 1100 years to orbit this star once.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

This one is better because at the end it puts the earth in perspective to the largest star known when this video was made. VY Canis Majoris.

It would take a jetliner 1100 years to orbit this star once.

Yep, that one is better.

Pretty awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Time for an old break from the current craziness we're going through.

Should be a good one for the more Musically inclined :

Guy covers a lot a different Music, may be worth a follow even if he is/was a Lib   .   .   .  

2 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Time for an old break from the current craziness we're going through.

Should be a good one for the more Musically inclined :

Guy covers a lot a different Music, may be worth a follow even if he is/was a Lib   .   .   .  

I liked Baker Street and that's where it ends for me

On 3/1/2024 at 2:06 AM, nickers said:

I liked Baker Street and that's where it ends for me

Has a few other really good tunes, but the reason I posted this here is to show how he can dissect Songs and explain them to a degree.

I'm not a Musical person, I totally appreciate it, but I have no Musical talent.

My Brother in Law - another story, he had the opportunity to go Professional, but my sister wouldn't allow him (Groupees - understandable).

All long ago,  he actually opened for Aerosmith once, long ago   .   .   .  

I know there are quite a few on here with Musical talent, that's the main reason I posted this, thought they might like to how a Professor evaluated different Music.

He has nearly a thousand songs reviewed so far and is still going.

More a PSA than anything else - Baker Street is a classic, some stellar bits to it (whole song is great, but parts are excellent).

For a more challenging assessment this may be a good one to look at (very long) :

Probably well before the time of many on here (1972), but fairly diverse.

The first (this Baker Street clip) just popped up in my feed while I was searching for something else (awesome info), which I'm still looking for.

If I can find the clip I'm looking for   .   .   .   it's a blow your socks off type of info/confirmation clip.

Have the reference too it, but not the referenced clip, which is why I'm sitting on it   .   .   .  

• Upvote 1